Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PujaYour feedback matters!
My child is 2 years and he has got ulcers in mouth and on tongue. So he is not eating anything. And too much crying due to pain on tongue. Please advice medicine which can cure it quickly and relief the pain.
My son is 03 years old, his scalp his full of dryness with fungus on it at his birth only. What to do, to eradicate the same. Please advice your valuable suggestion.
Hi Sir/mam, last 2 days my 3 month baby refused milk. Usually she drunk 3 oz but now She drinks 2 oz that also she refused .I will give force to give her that 2oz. Is it OK? Or any health problems? please tell me. She takes only formula milk.
Hi doc, my baby is 7 months old. He is hesitating foods even milk. 2 days before he got fever now he is alright. . But not taking anything. What could be the problem. I am really worried. Please advise.
My son is 16 year old, he is suffering from asthma. Can I give lavolin rotocap 100mcg three time in a day. + budecort 100mcg only without medicine ?
Pet dog bites on her face. Dog is vaccinated. Kindly advice treatment, diet, and necessary instructions to follow. Thanking you.
Sir/madam is it good to give boiled water after it becoming cool which is kept in refridgerator for my 11/2 years old baby. I'll keep the bottle outside in prior whenever she needs. Is this is correct or not? please suggest me.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.