Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. PsYour feedback matters!
The human body allows for movement through the complex system of bones, muscles and joints. A break in the bone is medically known as a fracture and can be caused by constant stress, pressure or impact. It is common knowledge that with age, the bone strength decreases and incidence of fractures (osteoporotic fracture) increases. Based on the affected bone and impact, different types of fractures are commonly identified as:
- Complete: When the breakage of the bone is complete, producing two or more pieces, it is referred to as a complete fracture.
- Incomplete: When the breakage is incomplete, where the bone has cracked, but does not break into pieces, it is known as an incomplete fracture.
- Another type would be the open or closed fracture:
- Open fracture: When the skin is exposed and the bone breaks through this exposed skin, it is known as compound or open fracture.
- Simple or closed fracture: The bone breaks, but the skin continuity is maintained. Again, here are different types including hairline, greenstick, oblique, etc.
What is the reason behind a fracture?
A bone will fracture when force is applied to it that is stronger than the bone itself. A key factor in a bone’s susceptibility to fracturing is age. Both children and older people are prone to bone fractures. Children’s bones are constantly growing and have not reached their full strength. Elderly people have brittle bones with old age and are prone to develop bone diseases, making them susceptible to fractures.
How they are treated?
Splint and pain medications are commonly used. Closed reduction where the fracture is reduced without opening up the tissues and open reduction, where the tissues are opened up are common approaches to managing fractures.
Can they be prevented?
Especially with children and in the elderly, extra precaution should be taken to avoid any kind of injury and fracture.
- Develop an exercise routine to strengthen the muscles
- Manage weight
- Use the right footwear and exercise gear
- Watch your medications (avoid sleep inducing ones)
- Increase lighting in the room/home to improve clarity of vision for elderly
- Make the home/living area fall-proof by reducing clutter, using railing in the bathroom and bedrRhinoplastyoom, using rubber mat, etc.
- While a fall may seem inevitable, taking the above steps can help reduce the incidence and severity of a fall, thereby minimizing damage.
I fell down in my right hand last year and ruptured my wrist's muscle This year again the pain is very much What should I do.
I am 27 years old male. I am having calf muscle and feet aches for past one week. And sometimes knee also aches. Kindly advice.
I am 41 year old male I got fracture in my ankle fibula and other bone fractured before 3 monthly now screws in my body after operation now doctor said move slowly how much time it take to normal?
I have right leg pain. Please help me. I have sleep at 24th march in evening on road then. My legs are foot skin are damaged and very pain.
Sir I am 34 year old. I am suffering from cervical disc collapse. I feel numbness in both hand ring figure. I also do mri of cervical. And I consult neuro surgeon and taking medicines. But not relief. Sir please what I do medicines - gabacent, predmet. Calgel (calcium)
Sir I've a back pain problem since last 6 months, i've almost tried 3-4 doctors but I haven't got rid on this problem. I've even tried Ayurveda prescribed medicine but it was not helpful Please suggest me what I do?
Sir my sister aged 32 years is going under total hip replacement. I much confused about prosthetic which one to go for Ceramic with poly or Ceramic on Ceramic Please advice which one is better.
My wife (27 yrs) is suffering from mensuration pain every month and the pain is very severe also as per her the flow of the blood is not that much, the secretion flow is less. Please call so that I can elaborate the issue is details and please I am on my knees. Please tell me the way to take of her from that.
A poor posture like sitting or driving in a hunched position for too long can cause strain the neck muslces.