Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka FirmalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I m 28 years old married female trying for pregnancy since past 1 year. My fsh blood level is 3. 96miu/ml, serum prolactin level is 12. 78, lh blood level is 2. 66, usg abdomen and pelvis - normal. Follicular study - normal. My husband' s asa shows sperm count and motility - normal, advanced total progressive motility - subnormal, sfa - asthenozoospermia, dfi - 40%ros - 324 rlu/sec/million sperm. Scrotal doppler usg is normal. My doctor has advised tab. Sephene 50mg 0-0-1 for me and tab. Paternia plus 1-0-1 for him. Despite doing all these I m not getting pregnant so sick your advice and further suggestion.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.
After having unprotected sex and taking a ipill within 24hrs of it, and if there is no bleeding even after 5 days of taking the pill. Does it mean that the girl has conceived?
Does the penis shrink due to non usage? my wife is not interested in sex and we have sex only once or twice a week. We are in our mid thirties. She is generally disinterested in sex and thinks of it as dirty. All this, despite having a 4 year old son.
I am 10 weeks pregnant. Till which month can I have sex. What angles can we try? Also is it safe for long journey by train at this time.
Hello doctor. i am pregnant just 144 days hain. Pregnancy mai haldi vala milk drink kar sakti KyA. Haldi ziyada khanai se jaundice ajata hai To my kya KyA khao first 3 months mai.
A friend of mine is not having periods nd she is 19 years old, is it ok? What is the average age of girls to have periods. Please suggest some homemade treatment.
I had spotting in my period which differs from regular period. I had nausea morning sickness abdomen pain etc.what can i do?
I missed my period this month and I was feeling vomit sensation everyday I think iam pregnant is this symptoms fr pregnancy? Please help me.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.