Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka FirmalYour feedback matters!
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.
Dear Doctors Help me for this question. In a month how many time we'll take the unwanted 72 medicine? If we take that medicine 2 times in a month against unprotected sex, Then I want to know about the future pregnancy or female health, it will be hurt or not? Please help me soon as possible. If we go for the regular pill for two times in a month then which one is safe.
Is 2 or 3 times vomiting during first trimester normal? If I take anti vomiting or anti nausea medicines which my gynae has prescribed to suppress the symptoms I feel extra weakness and dizziness. What I can do?
I want to have sex with my gf her age is 16 years 1 month which precaution is best to prevent pregnancy. Nd what are the things which I kept in my mind during sex to prevent pregnancy.
I am 31 yrs old unmarried female I want 2 knw how to maintain a balance of hormones naturally without medicines. Is a 2 day period normal or is a matter of concern. Also advice hw often shld visit doctor for routine chk up.
Pleasuring yourself is not wrong and is infact a normal part of human nature, however, society often frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
Me & my gf had sex before a week of her periods. It wasn't completely inside of her & I didn't ejaculate. It just that her outer wall got contact with my penis that was wet & was little inside of her. But still she took a ipill after 15 hrs. She is missing her periods now after 1 week of we had sex. Please tell is there any chances of getting pregnant & when will her periods be normal & when she will have her period for current month. Thank you.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.