Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of fissure for 10 years and no bleeding occur. But in upper of anus there is a small small pumps .and I feel burning when constipation occur and some time itching. Give advice.
I am 28 years old, married women. In past few I have seen some white patch on my face. In this time it is increasing day by day. Very rare itching. Please help me out from this problem?
I am fed up of my pimples. How can I get rid of my pimples? My skin is very oily also please help me give some solution.
I am 19 yr old girl having oily skin and rough long hairs. I had spots on my back that is due to pimples which tend to spread on body. What should I do to prevent and clean spots and pimples. Please guide me.
Sir I am working in construction fields due to my near about envoirment my face get so dul. Just give me a proper instruction from which I get my natural face.
I am 20 F. How can I take care of my skin and hair in the coming summer season? I have a combination skin.
I have white spots on my face. Is it better to use candid ointment?? Is there any better ointment than that?
How to Whitening a Skin which is Tan by Sun. I was too Fair till my 4 std. After it bcoz of Sun my skin has been Tan.
My lip one hard pinpals I want to remove this pinpals. Please say advice. Ya medicine ya cream also.
I am 29 year old dark complexion male and want to, how to get a fair body complexion and how to get rid of under arm skin tags?
Hello sir I just wanted to know about the growth of beard. As I don't have beard on my cheeks. My age is 19 so please guide me what is the suitable condition to have beard.
I am 22 years old, I am female, I have oil face, I affected by many pimples with that place have some black dots, fter wash my face just 10 r 15 mins my face is fresh then dull with oil, plzz give a solution plzz, I don't use any creams, last 2 months I am using Himalaya neem face wash, plzz help me sir.
I have a spot on my back head I thought it is fungal infection. Please suggest medicine by which I get ok.
I am in my thirties. My skin is oily. N have many open pores which are visible. How can I improve my skin ?
My wife's right breast still delivers milk though my son already left breast feeding 1 and half years back. Is there any need for medical help?
Heartburn or acid reflex is a burning sensation that is felt in the throat or chest region after the intake of certain foods. While many of us must have felt heartburn once in our lifetime, too many occurrences such as this could be a fair indication of esophageal cancer.
How an acidburn is related to esophagus?
Esophagus is the tube which carries food from the throat to the stomach. In the case of an acid reflux, the acid from the stomach jumps to the esophagus leading to a condition known as the Barrett’s esophagus. This is a condition which replaces the tissue present in the esophagus with a similar kind of tissue found in the lining of the intestine. This being said, Barrett’s esophagus doesn’t necessarily lead to esophageal cancer.
Key symptoms of Esophageal Cancer
Difficulty swallowing is a key symptom of esophageal cancer. This condition is known as dysphasia. As the tumor grows bigger, it becomes more difficult to swallow food. Esophageal pain is also a common symptom reported by many patients. Loss in appetite and an unexplained weight loss are some of the other symptoms of this type of cancer. Although esophageal cancer does not show any visible signs in the early stage, some of the key indicators are chronic couch, indigestion and hoarseness of voice.
Key risk factors:
Some of the key risk factors for this type of cancer are as follows:
- Men tend to run a higher risk of getting this cancer than women.
- Esophageal cancer are often detected in people above the age of 55 or more
- Chronic tobacco users have higher chances of getting esophageal cancer
- Consumption of alcohol increases the risk of esophageal cancer
- Obesity increases the risk of acid flux thereby, leading to esophageal cancer
- Radiation treatment in the abdomen or chest area might also lead to esophageal cancer
How an esophageal cancer is detected?
Primarily there are 3 ways by which this cancer is detected. The first step for an oncologist to detect this cancer is to perform an endoscopy. If this fails, doctors often try a barium swallow on suspected patients and take an X-ray to understand the esophagus lining. If all this fails, doctors rely on a CT scan to detect this cancer.
How is esophageal cancer treated?
If a patient is lucky and the cancer gets detected in a very early stage, the tumor along with the infected cell can be surgically removed. Apart from surgery, some other alternatives are radiation and chemotherapy. A combination of radiation and chemotherapy or a surgery followed by radiation can also be suggested by the doctor. The treatment plan depends on the stage of detection.
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon:
Tips for skin care:
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open pores that are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy makeup during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for waterproof makeup.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon.