Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have deep dark circles around my eyes. I have tried many ailments and creams, but its not going. I have spectacles and that makes no one notice it. But if I remove those specs everyone starts asking about it. It's not that much appreciated in my profession and I don't think it's because of the sleep pattern, as I sleep well. Can you help me?
Avoid excessive cleansing of your skin. Use soap/facewash not more than 2-3 times a day. Plain water can be used to cleanse whenever required. Pat dry your skin after washing it.
Keeping your skin moisturized is the key to healthy looking skin in winters. Pick a moisturiser with spf for mornings. Keep your lips happy and healthy with liberal application of lipbalm.
Though its very tempting to have a hot water shower, it should be best avoided. Hot water tends to dry your skin.
Use a body moisturizer within 3 minutes after your shower/bath.
Do not ignore the sun! cover your body to protect your skin from the cold dry winds and the sun.
Application of almond/coconut oil all over the body (other than your face) 20 minutes before a shower would help it stay soft and supple.
Skin is the mirror of internal organs, staying healthy is necessary to look healthy. Stay well hydrated and get adequate sleep. Include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet (especially beneficial in psoriasis), fruits, vegetables and nuts.
Exercise increses blood circulation to your skin and keeps it healthy. Avoid smoking and alcohol- nicotine causes premature ageing and makes your skin appear dry and dull.
Avoid using harsh astringents, alcohol based toners or peels on skin. Cream/oil based cosmetics keep your skin moisturized for longer hours.
Winters can exacerbate a few skin problems and help must be sought immediately.
Stay happy- it will show on your skin.
I have a dark skin color I want to grow fair skin color what should I do to get a fair skin color. Plzzz helppp mee.
Right up until recently, most gynecologists have shied from carrying out total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLH) due to the technical challenges and prolonged operating times which are related to it. Instead, they have preferred to do laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH), a comparatively inefficient three-part technique made up of a preliminary laparoscopic phase, then a vaginal phase, and, finally, another laparoscopic phase.
Now it is believed that it has the possibility being the method of choice for any great proportion of hysterectomy cases, specifically in those situations - for example once the pubic angle is narrow, the vagina small, or the uterus high and immobile - in which LAVH includes a reduced chance of success. Simultaneously, however, it is realized that wider adoption of TLH would depend about the growth and development of new tools to facilitate the colpotomy part of the operation, and on the development of a simplified technique that could reduce complications and operative time period.
Problems with the skin during the teenage years are very common. Although skin issues can be really stressful, the right skin care treatment can help in controlling the problems you may face during this time. Here are some of the skin issues that you may face at this stage of life and ways to prevent them:
1. Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
2. Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
3. Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How I get white skin fast, actually I m suffering from sun burn so my face and neck color r not matched with my body color?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.