Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prateep SenYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am anil kr seth, from india my skin is affected by white spot, and I taking some homeopathic medicine before 3 years but I wanna that you give me some tips for white spot which can be use at my home,
I am 26 years old female itchy flaky inflamed scalp .Bleed on scratching. Using ketoconazole not effective .Oily skin type what to do?
I am 27 years old person I have participate in sex recently with one girl she is 22 years old on that day I have participate sex 4 times now I have pain on my anus and it becomes red colour some times it is bleeding so give me any solution.
My mother has so many cracks not only on heel but on all feet. When I saw it I scared. She always apply crack cream on it but it is not curing. Please suggest something for it.
My skin has been darkening on a daily basis. Please help me select a good fairness cream as well as some skin fairness home remedies, to improve the skin tone.
I am a cricketer from pune. My face skin is to oli after 2 hrs it's not look fresh and getting black so give me some tips for that.
Hi Recently my wife gave birth to little baby girl when she was pregnant her skin was got black and she got some warts on her body on top areas. How to reduce those things suggest some medical care.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
In urine time I face some problem. If any one near me I can not urinate in that time. If nobody is there I can urinate .iam facing this problem from 3 years. There is no other prblm. If I go outside the town or goin for a trip I face this problem majorly so I have to search a place where nobody is there. I very sad about this. Please help me. I want to avoid this problem. What I have to do.
In this type of season m just fed up from the rashes in inner thighs. What should I do that I will never happen again. That area become reddish and got wound. After that I got black patches. Please give me perfect solution.
What is the home remedy for good night sleep? How can the dark circles around the eyes can b treated?
I want to change my nose shape through plastic surgery. Did it possible that what shape I want done with plastic surgery? please help and also explain the full expenditure from starting to last Please reply fast!
I have recently met dentist for root canal. Local anesthesia given to me. I suffered from swollen rashes under skin at buttocks and some parts for4 days with severe itch. No other medication was used. Dentist telling that no problem with anesthesia. Then what else might be cause.
I am 33 years male and have been suffering from minute multiple colonel ulcers from 2011. After 3 years with vegas od1.2 and mesacol 8 mg, my dozes has been stopped. But don't feel ok. My stomach sometimes upset with constipation and loss motion. When I talk to my doctor, he told me it's a infection and prescribed normaxim rt. My bad food habits. 3 packs alcohol and 4 cigarettes.
Health tip for the day - know the natural remedy that can help in removing dark eye circles.
- chop and crush a spring of mint leaves.
- apply the mashed leaves to dark under eye circles, leave it for 20 mintues then rinse.
Do it twice a week.