Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prateep SenYour feedback matters!
My 2nd 6th month baby's skin becoming dark. I am using seamed soap. And before marriage ll massage with coconut oil. So what to do keep skin soft and supple.
Pityriasis lichenoides is referred to a rare type of rash which is characterized by tiny papules that voluntarily flatten and relapse within a period of weeks. This condition which can range from moderate to severe in nature can be either chronic or acute. In the severest cases, it may develop into reddish brown blisters and crusts.
Causes and Symptoms: This condition which is chiefly prevalent in teenagers and adults is slightly likelier to appear in males. This condition is extremely rare among infants and aged people. Although, the precise cause of the condition is unknown, yet three major hypotheses have been suggested as the reason for the condition. They are:
- Infectious agents which cause an inflammatory reaction
- A non-cancerous form of T-cell lymphoproliferative which causes a disorder
- An hypersensitive vasculitis
Some of the infectious agents which can cause this condition include:
- Toxoplasma gondii
- Staphylococcus aureus
The lesions of pityriasis lichenoides usually appear over the course of several weeks or sometimes months.
Common symptoms include:
- A tiny pink papule which turns reddish brown in color
- A fine scaly central spot which when peeled off exposes a lustrous, pinkish brown exterior
- The spot becomes level over a number of weeks, leaving a pinkish-brown mark, which may take several months to fade.
These spots which occur over the buttocks, arms and legs, more typically occur in the hands, feet and even the scalp. Although far from being painful or irritable, pityriasis lichenoides spots can render the skin unsightly.
Treatment: The condition though diagnosed by its history and appearance, is entirely confirmed through skin biopsy tests. In usual episodes, the skin heals on its own. But if the condition persists for long one may resort to various therapies such as topical steroids, sunburns and oral antibiotics.
I met an accident one month back so I got stitches on my knee there is a bad scar on my knee what to do.
My body is fair. But my face and arms got dark. Is this a problem of my skin? Couldn't I get fair face like my body?
I wake up tired everyday despite 8 hours of sleep and I have heavy dark circles under the eyes? Have used creams like hyalugel and wonder eye but no result..Please tell .
My skin becomes dry after taking bath. Is it because of my soap? This is happening from last 5 days.
I am , 28 yrs old. I have skin allergy. Like fungle, andphysorisis. Last 2 yrs. I using Cebate gm ointment it will be cure again coming in week time, already taken blood test doctors told no problem in my blood.
Are there any oils which can increase melanin production and cause the skin to tan faster? Or all oils r fine?
1.Clear blood coming from stools .it does not mixed with stools. Blood comes when I eat spicy or taking tea. What would be the cause. 2.BP is high means not less than 140/100 3. Hand is vibrating while writing. Please tell the cause and its treatment.
I am 29 male suffering from Tinea Versicolor (sehua) from long time but cured 90% of it by use of Garlic over it. But but at some part like on neck and back. Major part is back neck as they keep growing, I also used garlic treatment over it but its very painful. Researched a bit about it and found this (Uses For Selsun Blue Medicated Treatment. Selenium sulfide 1% and 2.5% strengths are used on the scalp to help control the symptoms of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Selenium sulfide 2.5% strength is used also on the body to treat tinea versicolor (a type of fungus infection of the skin).) As I have to treat body part so I want to know products available in market with following chemical composition in New Delhi India.
I am getting boils from last one year in underarm and groin area. Have tried antibiotics and now after getting boils I apply bactroban. I even got operated on the same. And still boils come back. Any ideas as to why? And what should I do? Whom should I consult?
I have skin problem In my hands. Black color, rough skin, ityness whole day, burns when I go in sunlight.
I want to clear my face by removing black spots (on my cheeks) which makes my face looks dull and dirty as well.
Skin pigmentation refers to the discolouration of the skin in certain parts. The colouration of skin is attained on the basis of the concentration of a pigment called melanin present in the skin. This pigment is produced by specialised cells present in the skin. Some affect only patches of skin while the other pigmentation disorders can affect the whole body.
When melanin is produced in more quantity, it makes your skin darker. This can happen in cases of pregnancy, sun exposure and Addison’s disease. Under production of melanin causes your skin to get lighter. Vitiligo is a condition wherein patches of the skin are not able to produce melanin. Genetic disorders such as Albinism is characterised by the absence of the pigment melanin in the body.
Other things that can cause skin pigmentation are burns, blisters or infections.
The types of skin pigmentation are categorised as
On the basis of appearance and texture, skin pigmentation is differentiated as:
- Patches of lighter skin
- Areas on the face that have reddened
- Areas that are darker which may be rough to touch or feel
- Any area that has been darkened or becomes light caused by injuries, scratches or burns
Darkening of the skin can sometimes be spontaneous or it may occur due to environmental factors such as sun exposure or sometimes genetic issues.
- Melasma: This refers to the darkening of the skin on the face. It can happen to anyone. Women who are pregnant or take birth control pills are more likely to develop Melasma. Also women who live in more tropical climates are prone to developing Melasma.
- Birth Mark: It is a patch of usually darker skin that is present since birth and is generally life-long. They are usually harmful, but if more of those appear, then it is better to consult your dermatologist.
The most common reasons are infections or injuries. Although, the more severe conditions are-
- Vitiligo: It is characterised by the presence of patches of skin that are lighter than others. This occurs due to the malfunctioning of cells in a focal area that stop producing melanin. This can be serious and you must consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Tinea Versicolour: The symptoms of these resemble Vitiligo, but it is actually a fungal infection that attacks the skin cells and causes discolouration.