Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prateep SenYour feedback matters!
In my right breast I have 2 cyst, for that I'm taking homeopathy medicine but it's still same in situation, actually I'm afraid about it can you please tell what should I do for it?
My face is getting darker than rest of my body pl. Help. I use fair and lovely cream in day and nivea cream in the night I am 64 year old lady.
I am 18 year old male. My body is indian white but my face and hands have gone black due to sun. How do I improve my skin tone to normal.
Hi doc, I think after using borewell water my skin has turned dark I want my original color back any solution to his?
Hello Dr. my wife age 41 year was diagnosed with scleroderma on the firearms. Punch biopsy sample was sent to Dr. uday khopkar in sept 2015. What treatment should we take to avoid further complications. Presently she has some problem in her finger which get swollen and red when get in touch with moisture or cold water.
I am a 60 years male. For the last 6 months or so my face complexion has darkened. I have not gone into the sun for long durations. I have used Godrej dye in this period. Before that I was using garner. Can you please suggest what to do. I am not worried about the complexion but about any other complications.
Skin is the most important part of our body. It is not only the largest organ of our body but it is also a vital covering for the essential organs of the body. A healthy skin is the representation of a healthy body. It refers to your personality and mind status. In order to have fair, youthful and fresh skin, you need to take a lot of measures and practical steps. You should take care of it from dust, polluting agents and ultra violet radiation that is coming from sun every single day. You probably know about the negative aspects of the sun radiations and rays. If you are exposed to the sun for too long, you can get skin cancer, pre mature aging, wrinkles, blemishes, age spots and appearance of moles on the skin.
However, you should know the importance of applying sunscreen because it protects you from the excessive ultraviolet radiation that can influence on your immune system. Sunscreen also helps in reducing the skin inflammation and darkening. Protection and skin enhancement features have made it even more compelling. Importance of applying sunscreen also includes preventing sunburns and inflammations.
You should apply sunscreen to your skin everyday before you step out of your house. It will make your skin smooth, soft and firm preserving it from getting dull, brittle and aged. Your skin will remain young and fresh while you enjoy all of your outdoor activities. Some of the sunscreens have moisture included in them which keeps your skin even more soft and gentle. Sunscreen can be used in all seasons, for every outdoor event.
You should buy a sunscreen which suites your skin type though. Depending on the nature of your skin, the sunscreen represents its intensity. You should understand the way it works in order to get the benefits out of it. It is provided with different SPF numbers and levels which are abbreviated as sun protection factors. It is the representation of the time which takes place the skin to cure and heal which is caused by sunburn. You should also know the differentiation between ultraviolet B and ultraviolet A. Shorter and longer ultraviolet wavelengths are designated through these letters respectively. Both have adverse effects but the longer wavelengths tend to penetrate the skin cells and tissues which are really damaging and carcinogenic.
You should apply sunscreen to your skin after properly washing your face and perspiration. Your skin needs to be cleansed and moisturized for routine work before getting protected. Mostly the recommended SPF for the skin is 15 and above ; it efficiently works on the skin in protecting from sun and ultraviolet rays. Determine your skin type and see what SPF sunscreen is supposed to show outcomes; if your skin is sensitive and irritable to chemical compounds, make sure you buy a simple or natural one to avoid allergic reactions.
It is perhaps impossible to find a woman who doesn’t imagine her face without the freckles when she looks into the mirror. Though they may be called 'kisses from the sun', every woman would love to kiss those freckles goodbye. With many advances in cosmetic procedures, the good news is that you can completely get rid of your freckles and say hello to a perfect face. Read on to know more about what freckles are and how they can be managed.
What are they?
The skin contains a pigment called melanin which is responsible for the skin color. So, higher the melanin concentration, darker will be the complexion. In some people, however, based on genetic background, there can be areas of concentrated melanin deposits which become visible in an unbecoming manner, especially in fair complexioned people. These deposits are known as freckles or ephelis, which appear as light brown or flat black spots. The freckle formation is aggravated by exposure to sun, especially before the age of 18, and can be dormant during winter months. Exposure to UV-B light in particular has shown to increase melanin formation, making the freckles more prominent and darker. Though found usually on the face, areas like the neck, shoulder, and hands can also be affected – completely depending on sun exposure.
How to get rid of them?
Treatment is a two-pronged approach for freckles that is prevention and treatment. As mentioned above, freckles have a direct correlation to sun exposure. Avoiding sun and using maximum sun protection is the best way to avoid freckles, if you have a genetic predisposition. Avoid going out in the sun without using sun protection. A good sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 20, a wide-brimmed hat, a scarf, sunglasses are all essential when you head outside.
If the damage is already done, then laser treatments are a great way to deal with freckles. Here is how it works:
- After thoroughly cleansing the face, the eyes are covered and a thin layer of cooling gel is applied on the face.
- The face is cooled by using a cooling device. A laser light is then applied in a series of short pulses on specific areas of skin where freckles are concentrated.
- The melanin deposits in the freckles then break down without affecting the surrounding area.
- A post-treatment laser cream and sunblock is then applied, and the entire procedure does not take more than 45 minutes.
The success rate of treating freckles with laser is quite high, leading to a freckle free face within a few months. Multiple sessions may be required depending on the age of the freckles, the size, the type and the color. Darker freckles will require more intense therapy naturally. In most people, 4 to 5 sessions with break of 3 to 4 weeks in between are generally required. Consult a dermatologist today to find out if your freckles can be vanquished using this magical beam of light.
I am diabetic so what is the effect of sugar on physical relationships and sex organs? Six months ago I had a fungal infection. Dr. Increase the dose of medicine and prescribed antibiotics for a month now I am fine, but in future I must be careful about that.
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 34 yrs old male and my only face skin oily sticky and shiny and some blackish mark on nose and eye side area few. After face wash it become shiny oily type heavy skin and face become dull and unfreshed with in half hour or more. What products and in which series I should use. I have seating job. Please advise.
My skin around testis are get rupture due to the moisture I am feeling continuously reaching around that area then what I do.
In spite of existing multi-million dollar market of fairness products in the country, the question of how impactful these products are? keep dwindling in consumer's mind. Our skin color is determined by our race and genetic lineage which in turn decides the amount and structure of melanin. Fairness creams can only work to a certain extent. As per dermatology studies, achieving fairness up to 20% is possible, but not more than that. The fairness creams only block sun rays and prevent secretion of melanin. Thus, help in reducing tan and restoring natural skin.
Side effects of fairness creams
Extreme use of fairness creams can rather lead to severe skin damage. Fairness creams contain harmful bleaching agent such as hydroquinone, mercury, lead, nickel, chromium and high levels of steroids that cause following problems:
- thinning of the skin
- discoloration of the face
- capillaries become prominently visible
- severe acne
- hypersensitivity to the sun
- rebound paradoxical pigmentation
- unwanted facial hair growth
- skin allergy
- skin cancer thus these creams should always be used judiciously only under the supervision of a certified dermatologist.
Do's and don't
What to do
- apply moisturizer daily during the day and before going to bed
- wash your skin with clean water at least thrice a day
- use sunscreen lotion to prevent tanning and harsh UV rays damaging skin
- use fairness cream preferably aloe based. It works well for inflammation and tanned skin for Asian weather.
- usage external barriers like umbrella and shades while going out.
- drink 6-8 glasses of water every day
- have anti-oxidant rich fruits
- increase the intake of vitamin c. It increases cell turnover, helps protect against sun damage, and boosts the production of collagen and elastin, the two vital component of healthy and glowing skin.
- exfoliation is one of the most important steps in maintaining your youthful glow. We recommend weekly exfoliation to brighten the skin tone. Regular use of an exfoliation removes the oldest dead skin cells that cling to the skin's outermost surface or epidermis. It is an important part of both facials and body treatments.
What not to do
- do not support the common trend of fair skin and the stigma of being dark
- avoid excessive bleaching in alternate weeks. Comprising of ammonia and hydrochloric acid primarily these ingredients can cause both minor and severe burn.
Avoid products that encourage acne breakouts
The truth is we don't need white skin to show our beauty, if you have healthy, beautiful, dark complexion, learn to love yourself. Your healthy and shiny skin is everything to impress whosoever will notice you. Do not trust every advertisement blindly, stay happy.