Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My skin is getting dark. I am 21 years old. Can you please tell me which cream effects for whitening my skin.
I am having scars on my face since 6 months, so what medicine or method is to be adopted to remove it?
My face was not clear and no clarity. Even in photo it looks dull and oily. Please suggest medicines and food to eat to get bright face and skin.
My aunt had an spinal injury before 18 month and she is on bed, treatment is going on regular by the consultation of neuro-surgeon. But in summer she is suffering with itching problem on affected area. We are using air bedding for her, but itching problem increase day by day as summer season increases. Please suggest what should we do?
Hello sir I am 24 years old man. My skin is very dull I am a mining eng so I have to go dull area so my skin is very dull and my health is dustfull with cough, fever what should I do ?
Can anybody pls tell me what could be the best facewash that could make my face bright, free from oil, fresh and avoid sun exposure or its harmful effects?
I am 32 years old I got right shoulder paid radiated with my breast and upper hand. I have blacks in my both of the thighs. I applied aloe vera but not getting into the older normal skin. Kindly guide me.
Hello doctor! I have lot of scarps on my nose only! Please help me to get rid off these scarps on my nose. Suggest me any natural cure if possible! Ty!
I have the problem of eczema right wen I was 4 month I was born in abudhabi. and I took many treatments n was not cured (ayurveda homeo, unani and many more) but only allopathy made it cured n the doctor also said that wen eczema is cures I will gradually com up with asthma. and when I shifted back to india at an age of 14 I started with asthma so badly and was prescribed to use inhaler n I was so sensitive of my skin too while climatic changes. and at the age 17 I was suggested to do ayurveda n went for it whr all my skin allergy came back so badly n he said it was part of treatment n both d allergy came to b controlled n I was so thin n due to his treatment I also had put on my weight n he had a strict no to many items while treatment of two yr. Bt I started getg the problm of asthma again after a yr n bad throat infection where his out of town led it to discvr asotitre count so high n I was no long to dat treatment n went to allopathic again n after another blood test I also got d problem of hypothyroidism. Is there anyway to cure asthma without making any allergy of skin not making it come out. and also thyroid cure. (better if I get opinion from homeopath and ayurveda)
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin. So let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run.
With change in lifestyle and eating/drinking habits, our health deteriorates and the first signs are seen on your face. Nowadays, skin starts ageing in your 20s and it is sad. The good news is that we can take care of our skin health with some minor adjustments in our lifestyle. One such change is adding few foods to our diet. Best foods for skin health are:
1. Almonds - these nuts have high quantity of vitamin e which doubles as antioxidant protecting the cells of your skin from uv light.
2. Green tea - apart from helping detox and lose weight, green tea is also good for your skin. The antioxidants in green tea have anti-cancer properties which have been proven and hence, prevent skin cancer.
3. Dark chocolates - love chocolate? here is a good reason to eat them (in moderation). Antioxidants in dark chocolates protect against sun damage and make the skin smooth & soft.
4. Carrots - carrots have vitamin a which helps clear skin breakouts. Eating carrots gives you a natural glow and a healthier complexion.
5. Tomatoes - tomatoes have phytochemicals which help eliminate skin-aging which is caused by harmful ultraviolet rays.
6. Walnuts - these nuts provide a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are particularly important for vegetarians who are not getting the same from fish. Not having enough of omega-3 fatty acids can cause dry, scaly skin often leading to eczema.
7. Water - yes, plain water! it hydrates your skin and allows it to breathe. And, it is the best liquid substitute to sugar filled juices and soda.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.