Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prateep SenYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I am loosing my fingerprints. Is it a bad indication. What to do. Why it happening?
Hello, I am 19 years old boy. I weigh 66 kgs and height is 169cms. I am quite fair and even my family member are fair. But recently my geneticals are turning black. I keep it clean and maintain a good hygiene. Let me know what I can to fair again my penis and testis and even around the testis.
I have had a birth spot like mole or anything. Recently there have been 3 black spot's on my face And they ain't going now. What should I do.
I have black circles down my eyes since childhood. But when I grew they became much darker as if I am a drug addict or as if someone hit me in my eyes. Now when I accidentally have pimples under my eyes, they leave a scar tissue which never fade away. That is really embarrassing. I wonder what I should you? Is there some types of food that I should eat. Or is there an ointment or cream that I should put down my eyes? Or maybe the problem is something congenital and it wouldn't go?:(
I am 37 year old and my skin is oily I have pimple mark on my face how can I get rid of this and also have dark spots.
I had used Brite cream but my freckles started spreading all over after applying hydroquinone cream prescribed by dermatologist. please suggest something else.
How to prevent skin from contaminated dust and keep itself healthy so that you will look good and beautiful.
One of the things that Shannen Doherty and Rita Wilson, the wife of Tom Hanks, have in common, apart from their fame is that both were affected by breast cancer. No matter how normal a person may seem, breast cancer can strike anyone. In fact, it usually strikes one in eight women. So, it makes good sense to know what it can appear as!
Breast cancer makes up a rather big amount of the general cancer cases as 15% of the cancer cases which are reported on a yearly basis are usually breast cancer cases. That being said, there are quite a few things which can be done in order to reduce a person’s risk to breast cancer.
Prevention is Prudent-
Get Fit: The first thing which should be done is that a reasonable level of fitness should be maintained. Many studies have found that if a person is significantly heavier than her recommended weight, she is at a far great risk to develop all sorts of cancer and breast cancer, in particular, than a person who is able to keep her weight in check. The difference in cancer risk rates is about 40%. This is because a greater amount of fat leads to more estrogen being produced, which increases the risk of breast cancer.
Quit Smoking: While most people associate smoking as something which increases the risk of cancer to the lungs and are not aware that it increases the risk of breast cancer, too. So, the best solution is to kick the habit!
Get Off the Pill: Once a woman crosses past her mid-thirties, she should try to avoid relying on birth control pills to reduce the risk of pregnancy. This is because these pills have an effect which increases the risk of breast cancer, which heightens as a woman gets older. As long as the woman cuts out the use of the pill, the risk quickly gets cut, as well.
Get Regular Check Ups: While screening for breast cancer by making use of mammograms does not cut the risk of it, the screening helps detect breast cancer early if it does exist. As a result, a woman has a much better chance of fighting breast cancer. So, a woman who is past the age of forty should try to have a mammogram on an annual basis with the frequency of the same increasing as she gets older. However, it is to be kept in mind that going for a mammogram too often is also not a good idea as the tests themselves pose risks of DNA changes.
Women all around the world are susceptible to breast cancer. While there isn’t a 100% chance of avoiding it, taking care of yourself and leading a fit and active lifestyle can significantly cut down your risk of contracting this condition. Remember, your health is in your hands, so the earlier you start, the better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
If you are thinking of undergoing some skin rejuvenation treatment, you should consider collagen induction therapy. This therapy, also called medical skin needling, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that aims at reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face, and other parts of your body.
Who requires collagen induction therapy?
• Collagen induction therapy suits several types of skin, and it is carried out by people who want to improve their skin laxity, eliminate wrinkles, smoothen lines, and slow down the aging process.
• It is also ideal for improving your appearance, in the case of scarring.
Before the treatment
• Before undergoing this therapy, you should consult an experienced doctor to determine whether the treatment will suit you or not.
• You should also ask the doctor about the procedure, its complications, benefits, and other facts related to collagen induction therapy.
• The treatment involves the use of micro needles on a roller which is moved over your skin for creating evenly spaced puncture wounds.
• As a result of the process, the body’s natural collagen production gets stimulated by the generation of a wound healing response.
• The roller that is used is similar to a tattoo needle, and minimal trauma is caused during the creation of the puncture holes.
• Sometimes, local anesthesia is used for minimizing discomfort. The length of the needles on the roller varies and depends on how deep the needles have to penetrate into the skin.
• Your skin is damaged so that your body is encouraged to produce elastin and collagen, which helps in plumping up and thickening your skin.
• This procedure is performed on your body and face. It usually takes around an hour for the treatment to be undertaken, depending on the area that is being treated.
• After undertaking a collagen induction therapy, it is likely for your skin to be pink in color.
• Some mild bruising and bleeding are also seen, which depends on the length of the needle used for the treatment.
• It usually takes two to three days to recover after the procedure. It is recommended for you to undertake a series of 2 to 5 sittings for maximum benefits and ideal results.
• It may take around 4 to 8 weeks for you to observe the benefits. You should use cosmeceutical grade skin care at home for better and enhanced results.
The collagen induction therapy is designed for stimulating your body’s natural collagen production that helps in improving your skin in several ways. You should consult a doctor and let him decide whether you are fit for the procedure.