Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prateek Gupta
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prateek GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 44 yeras old suffering from back pain and muscles pain and not able to sit properly. Please suggest any remedy.
Hi my mother is 50+ she has left shoulder pain covering her upper part of the left arm and left side of the neck including left side back as well. She is suffering from this severe pain since last 8 months. We visited a doctor and he gave a steroid injection as well. But her pain and swelling are getting severe causing immense pain. She is diabetic and a blood pressure patient as well. Please advice.
I have a slip disk problem. My lower back pains regularly. I cannot bend much. Is it curable. Can physiotherapy helps. Pls suggest.
I am suffering from leg pain last 3 years give me any solutions for that and I have much tensed at that time shivering problem was happened give me solutions for these problems.
Hello how to detect if having diabetes. .wht kind of test needed to detect it. I'm having upper n mid back pain in right side since last year .cause still nt clear. Movement I can do any activity I can do. When sitting in chair or in something hard surface dat area painful. Pain sometime less sometime intense. Ntg helping me can it's something else cause of dis pain. I hv insulin resistance.
I am 19 years old, I play cricket, once a month ago, while playing cricket the leather ball hit my legs and I was not wearing my pads, it hit me on the bone, and now whenever I run or walk fast, it pains a lot in that area where the ball had hit. Can you suggest me something?
Sleep on your back or side only. Do not sleep on your stomach as this often causes lower back and neck strain. Use a quality contoured pillow that provides adequate support to your head and neck while sleeping.
When your back is painful you may place a pillow under your knees (when on your back) or between your knees (when on your side).
I'm 50 yrs female, I have backache down to leg &reverse, cervical pain goes to the head, arms n fingers & reverse.
My elbow radical head damage in 3 piece. After operation Dr. Use k wire no radical head replacement. I want to know my elbow joint will work in future. How can get radical head in india and cost.
Severe backpain stimulates tough for breathing sometimes. I faced this problem daily when I woke up.
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Severe pain in the knee joints
- Pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- Pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- Joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- Pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Severe pain in the morning
- Mild fever accompanying the pain
- Joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- Sudden stiffness of the joints
- Pain that increases in cold weather
- Mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Dry needling, cupping, taping can help to control the pain and keep the joint supported.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy for knee arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions. The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Hello! I am suffering from l5-s1 herniated disc. I am taking medications specified in the medication section and also taking physiotherapy sessions. It's been nearly 2 months but the pain in my left leg is the same. I have no back pain now. But it's been 3 days that my leg has started getting numb. Numbness is spread all over the leg including thigh knee calf and foot. And pain is worse now a days. Physiotherapy isn't working well. What should I do? My physiotherapist said that there is a possibility of sciatic nerve damage (tissue damage) and pain may last life long. I don't want to go for surgery. Please suggest me some treatment. Thank you.
I have suffering from backpain even I can not sit and stand my age is 34 and wait is 89. So what I do sir.
Shoulder problems usually happen because of internal problems or external trauma. People who are into any form of manual labour, pick up a lot of heavy things regularly or play sports experience shoulder pain at some point of time or other. Shoulder pain can be detected by physical examination, mri, x-ray, ultrasound and medical history.
The most common types of shoulder problems are arthritis, fracture, dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, and rotator cuff disease. Cures for the different shoulder pains are different. Follow these simple ways to help you manage the pain.
1. Rest the hurtful shoulder: you need to take ample rest. Using the arm which is affected is not a good idea and needs to be avoided. If your job involves manual labour, it is advised that you stay at home to rest.
2. Ice pack healing: applying ice pack on the wound is also advised around 3-4 times in a day. This varies as per the kind of shoulder pain, so doctor's advice must be followed.
3. Be consistent with exercise: depending upon the source of pain, physiotherapist will advise certain sets of shoulder exercises. It is very important that they should be performed diligently for fast recovery.
4. Support it well: wearing a sling is extremely important and should not be taken lightly at any point of time. A good support will ensure
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I suffered from sleep paralysis this year in january to march. Then I got fine. But today suddenly again I was attacked from sleep paralysis this afternoon. What is the reason for sleep paralysis? How can it be harmful? How can I avoid it in future because it is very painful specially in the head during its occur. I am 18 years old.
My wife while going for walking, fell down and got a injury above the knee. When I consulted a doctor, she was given tablet and the discoloration is come to normal over a period of 2 weeks time. It is almost one month over now, the swelling over the knee, due to blood clot to the size of cricket ball, is not come down. 2 times doctor had done aspiration, even after that still it persists. What is the right medication for this to become normal. We were told that there is no ligament / bone injury. Only the blood clot and even after 2 times aspiration, doesn't come to normal. Pl suggest.
I am 21 years old. Around an year ago, a heavy door fell near my left leg and after looking I saw that my ankle was bruised with some pain in my bone. It healed by itself. 15 days ago when I was squatting and cleaning my carpet, I experienced pain in the ankle in the same place. Sometimes there is clicking sound if I give stress in the area. I am planning to run and exercise in mornings. Will I be able to do so or is it harmful for the bone?
I have headache for last 3 day and my whole head is paining and the pain is mild and sometime it pain in right side and some left side and some time back so what is the problem can you explain it and advice some medication.
Arthritis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of the joints. This disorder usually develops after the age of 65; however, it does not mean that people from other age groups aren’t at any risk whatsoever. Obesity is one of the major triggers of this condition.
Arthritis can be of two types:
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that is characterized by inflammation and stiffness in the joint caused due to injury, age or obesity.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder wherein the immune system attacks the healthy tissues and cells of the joint.
The cartilage is a flexible connective tissue present in your joints. Its function is to cushion the joints from pressure and shock. Any drop in the amounts of cartilage present leaves one immensely prone to this condition. While on one hand, osteoarthritis is generally caused by normal wear and tear of the joints, rheumatoid arthritis is caused by the immune system erroneously attacking the healthy cells of the joint.
The symptoms of this disorder are stiffness of the joints, swelling and a sharp stinging joint pain. Arthritis has a tremendous impact on one’s mobility, reducing it to a great degree. The symptoms of arthritis tend to get worse in the morning. Rheumatoid arthritis can also result in significant loss of appetite, because of the inflammation of the immune system. Reduction in the RBC count is also common in case of rheumatoid arthritis.
Ayurveda For Arthritis:
According to Ayurveda mostly pains are caused by the aggravation of vata (air) dosha. Arthritis is a condition which is caused by accumulation of ama and aggravation of vata. (Ama is a toxic by-product of improper digestion). This ama circulates in the whole body and deposits or gets collected at the sites which are weaker. When it deposits in the joints and at the same time there is aggravation of vata , it results in a disease called amavata. This amavata is arthritis.
Since arthritis is caused due to vata aggravation, the main aim of Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is to balance and stabilize vata in the body. This can be done by strengthening the alimentary canal and the metabolic pathway. This ensures that the circulatory channels not blocked by impurities and are open and performing well, and that nourishment is delivered to joints. To achieve this, you may have to drink lots of water and detoxify your body periodically. You may also try various Ayurvedic home remedies which are designed specifically to treat arthritis, improving your range of motion and giving you increased mobility.
An Ayurvedic diet can help strengthen the digestive system, preventing the formulation of ama. The nutritional plasma that is thus created, is pure and can be assimilated into the body completely and easily. A healthy, balanced diet can also improve lubrication of joints, effectively preventing arthritis or degeneration of the joints. Ayurvedic remedies promote natural healing for arthritis, decreasing the rate of progression of degeneration of your joints and promoting their health.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that focuses on treating the root cause of the problem along with treating the symptoms of arthritis. Unlike conventional treatments, Ayurveda is entirely natural and is free from side effects.
Tips for Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthritis
- Partial fasting is beneficial in order get rid of these toxins.
- Consuming a cup of lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice and honey early in the morning is recommended.
- Using mustard or sesame oil to massage the body helps in reducing the ‘vata’.
- Fenugreek is an excellent natural inhibitor of ama and corrector of the vata dosha. It is a natural remedy for arthritis. Use fenugreek seeds in your food.
- A hot oil massage of your joints can be really helpful, especially in the winter months. Castor oil and sesame seed oil, both are great for a hot massage of your joints. If your joints are very painful, massage them lightly.
- Meditate for bringing down your stress levels and dealing with anxiety. Stress and anxiety are a major reason for the development of ama in your body. The more relaxed you are, the more efficient your body will be.
- Go to bed on time and wake up early in the morning. Disrupting the natural sleep cycle can aggravate all the doshas in the body and can also result in worry, stress, anxiety and fear. Taking control of your life and your daily schedule will only help you get rid of arthritis.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.