Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod JindalYour feedback matters!
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.
I am 16 years old and like every teenager I have my looks problem. I had pimples on my cheeks, forehead and nose. I want the treatment for them and to remove their scars. I am having oily skin and currently using skinbrite cream.
Im 17 and I sometimes have sharp needle pains in my either right and left nipples alternatively is that a sign of breast cancer?
After passing my stool I had a severe anal pain and if I eat something then also I feel a pressure of stool.
Hello Doctor, I am 47 years old male. I have pigmentation mark on both the cheeks since several years. Ive been applying Aloe Vera Gel since several years, but no improvement. Is there any permanent cure for pigmentation (black spots) on both cheeks.
Hello docto, my age is 26 not married, i'm suffering from LPP on my skin since 3 years, I had showed my dermatologists and use many creams lotions sunscreen vitamins antioxidants but not get any results doctors performed many tests everything is normal, I have hypothyroid and now i'm using 50 mg electrixin from 6 months now thyroid is normal still doctor advise me to take 50 mg continuously, 1 week back I showed one senior dermatologists he prescribed me carofit plus tablet morning and nit and ban-a-tan at morning and afternoon, next carofit max cream at nit, melawash face wash I started taking these medicines, doctors said there is no no treatment for LPP, what I want to do now my skin became very dark face hands under arms neck stomach are flat topped pigments, doctors are suggesting me to take photo therapy is it gud and it works on my body please i'm requesting you to provide me solution for this pblm waiting for your reply. Thank you.
How to say totally good bye to sun burn or sun tan black spots on our skin and no more uneven skin colour.
I have a dusky skin but now I am noticing that myface looks faded with dark patches and my forehead part is very much uneven so how can I remove those patches and make my forehead smooth.
Sir I have gone through two caesarean one 6 yrs. Ago and other three months ago. My tummy looks very very bad with lots and lots of marks, uneven tone and vry loose skin. I wanna ask you if there is any cream, ointment, oil or any home based remedy to make it look good. I am 31 yrs. Old with normal skin.
I would do anything to get rid of my oily skin. I heard that accutane is a good solution to this problem. Is this true? What are its side effects? And are sebaceous filaments curable?
I'll have clear skin in the morning but later I'll get small bums on my cheeks forehead what can I do to get rid of this. I don't use any creams and others I only use saslic dc foaming face wash twice.
Chemical peel in a procedure of applying a chemical solution to your face to remove impurities and the outer layers of your skin to make your face look younger and more radiant. The amount of skin removed depends on the type of peel and the period of time it is left on your skin for.
There are three different types of chemical peels: superficial, medium and deep. Depending upon the skin problems you are experiencing and recovery time required after the peel, you can opt for any one:
- Superficial Peel: This treatment is an entry-level or a basic chemical peel which uses hydroxyl acid. It is called a superficial peel because it doesn’t remove too many layers of skin from your face. This treatment is opted for by people who have dry or damaged skin. This peel is a quick one as the seating requires only ten minutes. It also helps in getting rid of the superficial skin problems such as sun damage, dark spots, discolouration and hormonal damage. You need very little recovery time after getting this peel done.
- Medium Depth Peels: The trichloroacetic acid used in this chemical peel makes it more effective than the superficial one. This is because the acid penetrates deep into the skin to get rid of graver problems such as age lines, wrinkles and to reverse the effect of damaged skin from within. However, this chemical peel demands a longer recovery period as your skin can look sunburnt for about a week depending upon how fast your skin heals. Also, the side effects of this kind of peel are high as you might experience stinging and itching sensation during the recovery period.
- Deep Peels: They are the strongest and most effective type of chemical peel available as they help in getting rid of skin which is entirely damaged, deep wrinkles, scarring and deep lines. The acid used in this peel is usually carbolic acid or concentrated trichloroacetic acid which penetrates deep into your skin to eradicate all skin issues. However, the deep peel is very painful and your skin will take very long to recover from it. Usually, the recovery period ranges from 2-4 weeks but in some cases, people complain of burnt, red skin for months. Swelling, itchiness, scarring and scabs are common side effects of the deep peel. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello Dr. I hv red rashes on my all body and also on face when I having bath and after bath I itching and that time I have red rashes. What should I do? this happening a long times ago (3-4 years)
My skin is very sensitive to sun n generally I m facing problem of heavy tanning whenever my skin got exposed to sun. Please help.
I am 23 years old female. I have combination skin. I have whiteheads on my t-zone area of my face. Kindly say some medicine for clear and glowing skin.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.