Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash MehtaYour feedback matters!
Sir am 19 years of age and I have a deep scar in my face, people advised me to have laser treatment for it. But I can't afford it sir. Please prescribe me some cream for it sir with no side effects. Please sir.
23 years old male. Suffering from sunburn on back for more than a week. Any ointment that can help ?
I am 23 years old female. I have more hair on upper lip and my Lower lips is very big how to reduce it? Please advise.
I have boil in my private area. I always keep that area clean. If I press it its paining. Please advice.
Blemishes refer to the discolored patches on your skin left behind by skin disorders such as pimples, acne, pigmentation or due to skin pores clogged by excess oil secretion. Blemishes, pimples and acne are some of the skin problems, which keep on affecting your skin and are hard to keep at bay completely. If you are suffering from the distressing problem of blemishes and wondering whether it is possible for you to get rid of them forever, then the good news is that it is not absolutely impossible. But in order to do so, you have to persistently work hard on your skin care regime.
Following are some interesting ways to eliminate those blemishes forever:
- Skin exfoliation: Skin exfoliation is a very effective process for getting rid of blemishes permanently. Exfoliation helps to shed the upper layer of your skin or rather the affected layer of your skin. But after exfoliation, a strict skin care routine must be followed everyday, which should combine cleaning, toning and moisturizing, so that the pimples and acne do not get a chance of popping out again.
- Avoid overexposure to sun: Too much exposure to sun can worsen your blemishes and make them darker in color. It can also create difficulties to get rid of them. Sun exposure may lead to break out of more pimples and acne, which in turn will leave behind marks on your skin.
- Cut down on sugar: Research shows that consuming excess sugar can trigger the break out of acne on your skin. Therefore, cutting down on your sugar intake will prevent further acne breakouts, which, in turn, will help you to get rid of your blemishes forever.
- Apply lemon juice: Applying lemon juice to the affected areas on a regular basis is another great remedy.
- Avoid oily and fried foods: Excluding oily and fried foods from your diet can help reduce the excess oil secretion by the skin pores and also prevent clogging of the pores.
I'm 20 years completed. When I was kid my skin colour is white and now I turned in to black because I roam outside always even it is too hot and now I stop going outside. I want to get my skin white. Please suggest me sir/mam to get my skin fair and suggest me if any soaps or creams available and give some natural tips too. Please.
I have tiny drk [brown] marks on my face which makes my face ugly. Wht shud I do to remove them permanently.
Sir please suggest Does do sex. Is. Make my face glow and my all hot nature away Does do sex is good for me.
I have black spots & pimples I'm 19 year old and of height 169cm weight 57kg what should precaution that I would take what are the food items that I should avoid use.
I am a breastfeeding mom. My baby is 6 months old. I am having problem in breastfeeding due to itching, pain and little bit rash like red skin around my nipples few days ago. Please. Give suggestion.
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
How to remove tann that has been entered in our fave and neck of oily people and make our face and neck color brown so tell me how I can by what in summer full but tell me something that works.
I have got dark skin back side of my neck part 3years back, looks like tan. White skin got black. When I consulted doctor he said that it formed due to hormonal changes and given an ointment which did not show any effect. What are the ways to remove it. Any tablets or strong ointments please suggest me.
I'm 20 years old man. I have some rashes on my skin that often re appear at different places. I do have bath very often. But these rashes are rings that differ in sizes.
I am 22 years old and my skin tone is black and I want to lighten my skin tone what to do which face wash should I use daily not of higher prices and can you tell me some homemade remedies which will work fast and lighten my skin tone and a face wash name please solve my this query and I have a Normal skin so provide me a low price and more effective face wash name and some homemade remedies.
Acne is one of the most common skin problems. As many as one in two people suffer from the condition. Acne vulgaris is the most common type followed by acne rosacea and more severe acne conglobate. More boys than girls suffer from acne and it often co-occurs with the onset of puberty, as testosterone levels rise. It is likely that there is some hormonal involvement in the condition, yet dietary and environmental factors, stress and gut health can all cause acne.
It's a disease that affects the skin's oil glands. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The pores connect to the glands by a canal called follicle. Inside the follicles, oil carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin. A thin hair also grows through the follicle. When a follicle clogs up, acne grows. Acne is not a serious health threat, but it can cause scars.
How Does Acne Develop?
Sometimes, the hair, sebum, and skin cells clump together into a plug. The bacteria infect the plug and causes swelling. Then, as the plug starts to break down, it leads to acne. There are many types of acne. The most common types are:
- Whiteheads. A whitehead is a type of acne that forms when dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria become trapped within one of our pores.
- Blackheads. Blackheads are a specific kind of dark acne lesion, so-called because they contain oxidized melanin, the pigment made by skin cells called melanocytes.
- Papules. These are small pink bumps that can be tender.
- Pustules. This type of acne is red at the bottom and has pus-filled head.
- Nodules. These are large, painful, solid acne that are deep-rooted in the skin.
- Cysts. These are deep, painful, pus-filled acne that can cause scars.
Who Gets Acne?
Acne is the most common skin condition. People of all races and ages get acne. But it is most common in teenagers and young adults. An estimated 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 have acne outbreaks at some point. Some people in their forties and fifties still get acne.
What Causes Acne?
The cause of acne is unknown. However, there are certain factors that might cause acne:
- The hormonal surge in teenage (this can cause the oil glands to plug up more often).
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Use of birth control pills.
- Heredity (if your parents had acne, you might get it, too).
- Certain types of medications.
- Greasy makeup.
Here are some tips for acne-affected skin:
- Clean skin gently.
- Try not to touch your acne affected area.
- Shave carefully.
- Protect your skin from sun-exposure.
- Choose makeup carefully.
- Shampoo your hair regularly.
What Can Make Acne Worse?
- Changing hormone levels in teenage girls and women 2 to 7 days before their period starts.
- Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars.
- Pollution and high humidity.
- Squeezing or picking at acne.
- Hard scrubbing of the skin.
Acne may or may not lead to scarring. Some people are more prone to scarring than others. A person may have rather severe acne without a scar in sight. For others, even a benign little blemish can leave a depressed pockmark. Early treatment is the best way to prevent scars. If you are highly prone to scarring, see a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist right away to discuss acne treatment options. He or she can layout a treatment plan, to heal breakouts and prevent or treat scars.
Treatment of Acne and Scars:
Acne is treated by a cosmetic physician or a dermatologist. Treatment attempts to:
- Heal acne.
- Prevent new breakout.
- Prevent scarring.
Acne requires a proper medical treatment and post acne care for dark spots/scars which are commonly associated with acne. If your skin is acne prone, you may develop dark spots and scars too. All these conditions can be treated. Apart from medical treatment which includes ointments for local application and oral medications if required, for long term benefits advanced treatments are available. These are, Chemical peels, RF therapy and enriched oxygen therapy. These are highly recommended. These treatments help acne as well as spots and scars.