Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PragyaYour feedback matters!
Taking birth control pill or pills like I pill on regular basis is harmful for our health? How can I avoid pregnancy?
Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the adenoid. The adenoid is a gland which is present on the roof of the mouth; its role is to produce antibodies to protect the body against infections. Usually the adenoid glands diminish during your adolescence and disappear by the time you are an adult. Respiratory and throat infections that are chronic in nature, are the main causes of infection in the adenoid glands.
Reason for the removal of adenoids
Throat infections that occur frequently can lead to the enlargement of the adenoid glands. When these glands become enlarged, it results in breathing problems and blockage of the Eustachian tubes. Blocked Eustachian tubes can cause infections in the ear which, in turn, causes severe hearing problems.
The surgical procedure is performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient mode. The removal of the adenoid glands takes place through the mouth. Initially, a small instrument is put inside the mouth to keep it open. After this, the adenoids are located in the mouth, following which they are scrapped off with a curette or by applying heat to the area by the process of diathermy (a technique to stimulate circulation by heating up a part of the body with the application of localized heat currents). Once the procedure is completed, you will be discharged on the same day.
Post-surgery, you may experience a sore throat for a few weeks. You must drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Keeping yourself hydrated also helps relieve symptoms of post-surgical pain, if any. Oily and spicy foods should also be avoided as it may cause pain inside the mouth. Applying ice can also relieve pain symptoms. However, don’t apply ice directly wrap it in a cloth and then apply it on the neck. Do not undertake any stressful or strenuous activity for 7-10 days post-surgery to further facilitate the recovery process. Post-surgery, the risks of throat and ear infections are greatly reduced. Breathing through the nose also becomes relatively easier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
Doctor I am not getting my periods since last 2 months only I see a color change for one day I checked betahcg and it was negative I'm feeling tired all the time with back pain I'm 33 yrs old and have no children got married on 2014. Please advise.
I saw my period on 7 April n lasts for four days n I had sex with my husband on 14 days after my period which is on 24-27 April meanwhile I am on 31 days monthly cycle. Pls is it possible for me to conceive.
I'm 36th week pregnant. I got my Doppler scan by yesterday. It has shown everything normal and loop or cord around the neck. Does it cause any problem during delivery? Please let me know.
Last night I make love with my husband without any protection. I don't want baby at this time & my date hasn't come yet. My last date was 28 feb. Can I take pills to avoid. Previously 5 months before I had taken pills. Can it be risky to take 2nd time pills. Is there any problem for our baby when I want. I'm in big problem please help me.
My wife has just missed her period and we gone through a home pregnancy test today and the result is positive. I want to know when (after how many week or immediately) I should fix an appointment with doctor? Another question is we had pre planned a tour around 300 km far mostly by train in next week. Is there any problem if we go out for the tour?
I am suffering from a white discharge in a creamy form. Which start after 8-9 days after my periods than to nxt period time.
I have a sensitive nipple. What should I do to breast feed my child without any problem? I am already in my 9th month.
No matter what kind of ear trouble you have, homeopathic remedies treat them very efficiently. Ear troubles can be experienced both by adults and kids, and homeopathic remedies are known to treat all of them.
Sometimes, as a result of ear problem, one might face acute dental troubles. Some of the most prominent symptoms of ear troubles are ear infections, ear ringing, acute pain and others. You must visit a homeopathic expert for getting the list of homeopathic medicines that work best for treating your respective ear trouble.
Homeopathic medicines that treat ear troubles:
- Belladonna: Acute ear issues can be easily resolved by using this particular homeopathic medicine. Blood vessels can be highly protected, and on the other hand, you can get rid of unwanted ear symptoms, including pains, swelling and others. Necessary warmth can be provided to your ears so that you can get instant relief from painful conditions. You can apply the same at night in order to prevent the condition from worsening.
- Aconite: This medicine is much more improved and effective in comparison to pulsatilla or chamomilla. Great sensitiveness, throbbing pain in the ears, stinging and other unbearable symptoms can be easily treated by applying this medicine. Due to sudden temperature change, your ears might start aching, and this ache can become quite severe if proper precautionary measures are not taken. In this case, you have to know the perfect application time; otherwise you will not receive the required results.
- Pulsatilla: There are some special ear troubles that can only be alleviated by this medicine. It has got highest curative power as a result of which otitis externa can be effectively treated. Swollen, hot and red ears and be treated only by this medicine. Pulsating pain, severe darting and tearing are the commonest symptoms that can be well treated by the concerned homeopathic medicine. If you are facing ear-itching trouble, and you are thinking of using any toothpick, then you are absolutely wrong as you are recommended to use only this medicine.
- Chamomilla: Infantile ear aches can be relieved by using this homeopathic medicine. There are many people who often develop different kinds of ear troubles, especially due to cold. In case of such problems, this drug is the best option. Ear nerves can also be treated with this medicine.
Gonorrhea : Disease + Symptoms
Gonorrhea is a contagious disease that can affect both men and women. It is caused by a bacterium called Neisseria gonorrhoeae that can easily grow in the mucus membranes of the human body.
It is mostly transmitted when an uninfected person gets in sexual contact with an infected person. It can also be spread when a mother's infected body fluids come in contact with her newborn during childbirth.
It is a common infection and the symptoms vary for both men and women. The symptoms are:
Symptoms in Women:
- White or greenish-yellow vaginal discharge
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Pain in the lower abdomen and in the pelvic region
- Occurrence of Conjunctivitis
- Spotting or light bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding between periods
Symptoms in Men:
- White or greenish-yellow discharge from the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
- Burning sensation while urinating
The symptoms come to notice usually within 2 to 10 days of the infection in case of women and it takes approximately 14 days for them to be recognized in the case of men. However in a few cases, the symptoms may take as long as 30 days to appear or they may appear so negligibly that they are hardly noticeable if they occur at all.
I am in relationship with my girlfriend we r unmarried couples, I wanted to know best birth control methods other than condom, or pills I tried to use condoms but its not so comfortable with me pls let me know the best alternatives.
What's the real time when I clear I'm pregnant other not? I mean normally when I know real? After 5 days or a week after date?
Hello I am 23 years old. I had mensus on 4th of last month. And on 12th of last to last month. If I need to test for pregnancy test. Will it gime correct result on 6th of on going month. Please help.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.