Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Pragati WilliamYour feedback matters!
I have constipation for over a month, I had tried many laxatives, but they worsen the condition more. What should I do.?
I am epilepsy patient. I am taking valparin chrono 300 mg in morning and 500 mg in evening. Since 2 and a half years. thankfully I didnt get any seizure since then. Till when should I continue my medications.
Hi, I'm a male and I have this white patch of dry skin in my groin area, where the top of my thighs meet my scrotum. It's almost silver in colour when the skin is stretched there. It doesn't itch but is flaky if I do scratch it, a lot of the skin peels off. I have it on both sides of my groin but it's more prominent on one side than the other. What could this be? I've recently (as of yesterday) been applying E45 to the area but it seems to only provide short term masturbation.
My liver is increases and I also have two small calculus in my kidney both side Both 2 mm please suggest me.
I am diabetes2 patient since last 26 year. At present my blood sugar fasting & P. P. Are 89 & 137 mg/dl & HbA1C is 4.8%, taking glimepiride1 mg od half hour before lunch & Metformin SR 1 gm od after lunch since last 34 months. I am suffering some side effects due to metformin such as excessive gas formation whole day, indication, heavy constipation, rashes & itchiness on back skin, weakness, dizziness & weightless. Hence to minimise above side effects I want to replace any other equivalent medicine in place of Metformin SR, which should be also suitable to me ie a heart's patient whose hearts bare metal standing was done on dt 29-8-13 for which I am taking Ecosprin 75 mg od daily, Atorvastatin10 mg od & Ramipril2.5 mg od on alternate days. Hence please suggest such medicine with potency which have less side effects in place of Metformin SR 1000 mg od. Thanks.
I am 65 years female. I have a deep pain in my whole right side, body due to a nerve is being push by back bone in mri.
Is it ok to have oral sex? What precautions we need to avoid hepatitis b&c, hpv, hsv any other std. Is it ok?
I have a friend who is 20 year old, during her periods she used to suffer from intense stomachache. Is there any solution?
Schizophrenia is my diagnosis. I was left without a job for about the past 1 year or more. I have a job at this moment, I have taken Solian 50 mg regularly as it affects my concentration going without medication. I suffer from lack of good sleep, a Doctor suggested this as anxiety related problems. Constantly problems keep persisting in my mind which lead to my never being cheerful. I have also had a bad stomach which has been my weakness since school days. I had once nephritis. This often makes me feel lonely and despondent in life. I may put it as dullness persists in my life which takes away from me my energy to pursue any other interest in my life. All I need is to sleep well & concentrate on my work & feel fresh every morning, which I don't. I have begun taking a small drink every night since that as well helps me clear my stomach these days. Kindly suggest a remedy for myself.
Dear sir/ mam one day unfortunately I had protected sex with my friend 3 years back . For first time it bleeds . Now if I am getting married with some one if we participate in intercourse . Can he know that I am not virgin or again it will bleed or not .
My marriage is fixed and I am very tense because of my penis size it's just two and half inch. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I suffered from MDR tuberculosis in 2012 and completed the treatment and got fully cured in 2014. My problem is whenever I do deep breathing, there is a pain in my lungs (left part). There is always an irritation (which kich) in my throat with phlegm. Why is this happening and why is there a pain in left part of my chest? P.s - I suffered from tuberculosis in 2010 also and completed the treatment.
I have a problem of DNS with enlarge turbinates on both side of nose. Also I have a problem of sinus and ear infection. Is there any remedy in homeopathy which can help me in getting relief. Doctors suggest me surgery for which I does not want to go. Can homeopathy can treat this with medicines only?
I have masturbation addiction for last 8 years. I usually do it 3 to 4 times in a day. And I don't feel tired. Is it harmful? If yes then what kind of harm? How to leave this habit?
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Causes of Asthma
- Caesarean sections,
- Antibiotic use in early life,
- Family history of asthma.
- Poor or polluted air,
- Emotional stress,
- Tobacco smoke, well
- Cold air,
- Upper respiratory tract infections (head colds and sore throats),
- Exposure to things that provoke an allergic response.
Signs And Symptoms
- Recurrent episode of paroxysmal dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing).
- The breathing is laboured, with a wheezing sound, mainly on expiration.
- Asthma attacks often occur in the early hours of morning (when there is no immediate precipitating cause). During the attack patients often prefers to sit then lie down.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all.
Things to do:
- Deep breathing exercises e.g. Pranayama 25 times a day.
- Stop smoking completely, if you are a smoker.
- Avoid all allergens.
- Avoid dust. A housewife having asthma may be greatly helped by vacuum cleaner to clean dust. Use a mask while dusting.
- Avoid carpets on the floor, which harbor dust.
- Avoid pets if you are asthmatic.
- Avoid industrial fumes in factory workers.
- Ask your doctor or healthcare provider how to manage in emergency. If a particular food triggers an attack of asthma, avoid it e.g. cold drinks, particular fruits, fish, chocolates.
- If any emotional or family problem, try to sort out, or use tranquillizer or consult phsician.
- For repeated attacks, advise change of weather i.e. a holiday in dry climate, will help more than medicines.
- Avoid mosquito coils and mats. Use mosquito net instead or topical mosquito repelling cream.
- Avoid passive smoking. Asthma is one of psychosomatic illness. So mind tranquility is very important part of treatment.
- If a patient of asthma gets a dramatic relief in dry climate and attack otherwise, he or she should change the residence, if possible to a dry climate place.
- Take a glass of warm water early in the morning; take warm drinks like tea, coffee, soups often.
Things to avoid:
- Junk food or deep fried food like pizzas, hamburgers, chips.
- Cold foods items like ice creams, cold drinks.
- Sour foods like non-fresh curds, raw onion.
- Avoid sour fruits like citrus fruits (orange, lemon), sour grapes.
By trial and error method and keen observation, note if any particular food is causing an attack of asthma, such food must be totally avoided.
- Avoid heavy meals – eat in small quantity of meals and take dinner early.
- Avoid sleep at least for 2 hours after meals.
- Stress: Learn to manage stress as it can directly prompt the asthma attack. Try Yoga and meditation as it helps to relieve stress. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.