Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hello Doctor. Nowadays am afraid of everything I want to overcome fears. For example from recently am suffering from a severe backpain from 6 months then I consulted a orthopedic. He asked me to undergo MRI scan. Am unable to lie on the couch of the MRI scanner. I feel like I do not get enough air to breath and scared of going into the scanner. My hands and legs get sweat because am afraid. Please tell me how to overcome all these fears. Clearly suggest me what to do. Am unable to share these feelings with anyone. Felling ahsmed. I was not this kind. From 1 year am facing this problem. Please help. Thanks alot in advance.
I feel low on mood. Friends close to me think I've changed. Some say I look as though something was disturbing me. Do you think I might be having depression?
My son aged 13 years, an epilectic and autistic patient. My question is doctor prescribed addwize tablet to reduce autism for 3 and half years, is this appropriate to take this medicine for that long period ? Please suggest me to take addwize tablet for long time appropriate or not?
Can you suggest one thing about when children's are in depression mood. How will be we get them in normal position.
The field of Positive Psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is "Gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to Have An Attitude of Gratitude?
1) Be Mindful of What You Have - Being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every night before going to bed, write down "What was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) Reframe Challenging Situations - It's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that "I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) Practice saying Thank You - It's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say 'Thank You. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) Focus your attention outwards - According to Emmons, a US psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on "Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi I am from rajasthan. i am in a little bit of depression because money problems and not finding way to get rid of this.please do help
I have been trying to conceive frm d past 5months had gone to d doc for a check up. She gt my prolactin and TSH checked up and everything is normal. She did a follicular study and it showed that everything is ok im jus ovulating on d 21st day of d cycle. Bt I dn seem to have d egg white discharge throughout the cycle. Is ths d reason im unable to conceive? Is d egg white discharge necessary for conception? Ths is my second child.
Dear Doctor, Is meditation and deep breathing exercise can rid off my epilepsy? I have dissociative disorder and I am taking levipil 500 twice daily and venlite OD 100mg once after dinner and lonazep MD 0.5mg (1/2---1/2---1. please help.
I am suffering from headache since last 5 days. When I tried to study forcefully then I have more headache. Please tell me that how can I concentrate in study.
I am a 19 years old girl. I've been going through major mood swings and I just feel empty in my heart sometimes. Even though I'm surrounded by so many people I still feel lonely. I am really close to one of my friends and I have realised that only when he's around in the morning I wake up with this positive energy. But even if everything going right I always feel somethings not right. I have suddenly lost interest in talking to my relatives or family. I am a photography student and I have kind off lost my interest and dedication in it too. I just can't figure out whats wrong. I have no answers to my questions. I feel low most of the time. When someone asks me whats wrong I get irritated even more cz I myself can't answer that question. Sometimes I feel I should consult a psychologist. I feel worthless and directionless. I feel like I won't be able to find work once I pass out of college. There are just too many things going on in my mind and I end up over thinking. I don't want to take any sort of anti depressants or something. I'm just worried about when things would get back to normal. I get lost in my own world and sometimes feel like going on rides or going out alone. No one lets me be. I don't know what to do.
I am having hair fall problem. Some doctors have said that it is due today stress and lack of water quantity present in body. So how can I control my stress so that my hair fall will also be controlled.
I'm 16 year old. 3 months pahle Mai achank se behosh hoke gir Gyi aur mai lgatar behosh Hoti rhi. Jb Apne najdiki doctor ko dikhaya to unhone bola ki ye mirgi ka lakshan h.doctor ne kuchh medicine di thi, unke dwa se asr hua ki ab behos hona km ho gya h.bt mere body me bahot pain rhta h, Shoulder me, headache, backbone pain etc and 2 or 3 days me behosh ho jati hu. Mujhe consult kre ki Mai Kya kru.
Psychiatric disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia do not appear all of a sudden. There are small changes that happen to an individual over a long period of time until the disease fully develops. These signs and symptoms might be too subtle in the early stage for other people to notice until they become obvious. But an early detection of any irregularity proves to be more beneficial for the patient in the long run.
It is important to know the telltale symptoms of mental disorder to distinguish between what is regular and what is not.
- Withdrawal: Everyone needs some quiet time to cool off and relax but if a person continuously withdraws him/herself from social occasions and avoids meeting or speaking to friends, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Losing interest in life, work and people are symptoms of depression and psychotic disorder.
- Thinking problems: Having trouble concentrating, remembering, understanding and explaining oneself in a coherent manner are some common signs of mental disorder.
- Anxiety: Excessive stress and anxious behavior for a prolonged period are not normal. Frequent heart palpitations, headache, shortness of breath, racing mind and restlessness are cries of help that need to be heard.
- Emotional outbursts: Sudden dramatic outbursts for no apparent reason, frequent mood swings and feeling distressed are potent signs of mental illnesses. These kinds of behavior are seen as part of a person's nature and so they are often unnoticed.
- Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns: Oversleeping may be a sign of depression and insomnia could be a sign of anxiety. Changes in appetite and not caring about oneself or the world are indicators of a mental problem.