Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep K DewanYour feedback matters!
The small, red itchy spots that appear on your skin during the hot summer months or after contact with hot temperatures are known as prickly heat, and cover areas of your body such as the neck, back, face, thighs and chest.
So, what causes this form of skin rash?
Prickly heat typically occurs when you sweat excessively, such as usually in a hot and humid environment. The heavy sweating along with the bacteria present on the skin and the dead skin cells causes the blocking of sweat glands. This results in the buildup of sweat underneath your skin and the characteristic bumps that you see. When these bumps burst open to release the sweat that is buildup within, it causes a prickly sensation, giving it its name.
Certain factors can also increase your chances of contracting prickly heat like:
- Being obese or overweight
- Sitting too close to a fire or heater
- Being dormant due to illness
- Wearing too much clothing
How to prevent it?
Heat rashes usually clear up on its own if the affected spot is kept clean and dry. However there are certain things that you can do to prevent it and these are:
1. Staying away from excessive heat and humidity - Heat and humidity are the main causes of heat rash. They cause you to sweat more alongside a worsening of your rash. Sitting in a shade or keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to prevent prickly heat rash from occurring.
2. Selecting the right clothes - Wearing cotton clothing in hot temperatures is one of the best ways to keep heat rash at bay. Cotton being a natural fiber doesn't trap the heat, compared to nylon and polyester fabrics.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated - Keeping your skin cool by sitting under the fan or in an air-conditioned room is another way of preventing itchy skin rash from occurring.
4. Avoid strenuous physical activity - Keeping yourself away from the strenuous physical activity of any kind can help in preventing excessive sweating. If you have to indulge in strenuous workouts, keeping yourself hydrated is a must to avoid instances of dehydration.
I am a girl 24 year old. I have more problem about dark circles how to remove dis fastly tel me sir.
I am 22 years old. I was white in my childhood but now i'm getting black please help me to control my tone.
If skin on face, legs or anywhere is getting like dead skin or dried up & sometimes whiteness occurs on face skin. What to do?
My aunt has so many red spots on her body bt aftrsome time they turn black nd her skin rough at that place pls suggest some creme for this.
Hello these is abida mujawar I actually ask one question that wht is the best medicine for dark circle under eyes.
My face is of dual colored. What I have to make so that it remains single color throughout.kindly suggest.?
Hi, I am 41 years old. I feel irritation/ sensation in any part of body. Means I have to pressure it. Like to pressure my nerves sometimes I am moving my eyes or move my figures. Once one doctor told me to take becasule (B Complex) capsules whenever I am getting this irritation. It worked. But this time even that is not working. Other doctor suggested me nurobion forte. It worked little but not cured. By evening my muscles get paining because of stressing on same poit whole day and it look odd also in public. Kindly Help.
I am 50 years old male. Around last 20 years with diabetic and on insulin almost from 12 years. Also taking BP and cholesterol pills under supervision of doctor. I am facing skin rashes and etching problem last 2 years at areas- below stomach, bumps and inside thies. I tried with homeopathy course and allopathy but temp relief.
I am suffering from neck blackness And dark skin because of sun rays how to cure sunburn on my face And my neck blackness you can suggest me a cream And some tips to cure it.
I'm a 25 yr old male and 3 yrs back I got an accident, and I got stitched in my nose and now i got scar in that place. How can I get recover from this scar. Suggest me a solutions pls.
I have a skin entangled at my neck , Wat do I do . To understand better I want to send a photo but m not sure how do I do it.
I am , 28 yrs old. I have skin allergy. Like fungle, andphysorisis. Last 2 yrs. I using Cebate gm ointment it will be cure again coming in week time, already taken blood test doctors told no problem in my blood.
Iam 26 years old and male and my underarms are very black please give me the information of good medicine to clear it properly asap.
The human skin is a continuous organ within the human body and the largest organ altogether. The skin problems we often face are indicators of what's going on underneath rather than just stand-alone conditions by themselves. There are many types of skin pigmentation disorders. Let's have a quick look at them.
Types of Skin Disorders related to Skin Pigmentation:
Some of the common types of skin pigmentation disorders are melasma, age spots, liver spots and pigmentation after inflammation of the skin. Some of these are caused due to hormonal imbalances, over exposure to the sun, age or excessive melanin production due to underlying factors.
Prevention and Treatment of Skin Pigmentation and Related Disorders:
Skin pigmentation primarily occurs due to issues with your lifestyle or due to underlying changes in other parts of the body. It is also caused by over exposure to the sun. Thus there are some basic prevention tips and treatment methods which you can use to minimize your chances of skin pigmentation.
- Using Sunscreen: This is important in people of all skin complexions but especially important in people with lighter skin tones as excessive sun exposure can cause havoc with these skin tones. You should use a sunscreen of SPF rating 15 or above to protect yourself from skin pigmentation.
- Exfoliate Regularly but Gently: Excessive exfoliation can cause oily and rough skin, but gentle and regular exfoliation is important to reduce dead skin cells as well. Dead skin cells also contribute to skin pigmentation and thus removing them regularly is necessary.
Specialist treatments suggested by the dermatologist:
It is best to visit your dermatologist to ascertain what levels of treatments you may require in order to stop skin pigmentation or to fade an already existing mark. Basic prevention as well as treatment method, may include any of the following
- Creams and lotions
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peels
- Cryotherapy etc.
Melasma or pregnancy mask: This skin pigmentation disorder is caused by elevated hormones during pregnancy and goes away by itself after a few months of delivering the baby. During this time it is important to take care of your skin as you normally would and wait for the hormones to subside after childbirth.
There are many natural remedies out there as well with varying degrees of success in treating these problems. However, you must remember that pigmentation is usually just a symptom of something that is already underneath. Topical products can only fade or lessen it so much until the core issues are resolved from within.
The juicy fruit inside appeals to your taste buds but you mindlessly throw away the skin of the fruit. Orange is a healthy fruit; it is rich in vitamin C and also contains antioxidants. The fruit has an array of uses when it comes to your overall health but its skin is not used to the fullest. Orange peel has too many benefits. It is a person's lack of knowledge about orange peel that discourages him or her from using it.
Take a look at the benefits of orange peel:
- Mosquitoes will no more be a problem: Apart from the threat of diseases that come along with mosquitoes; their bites can be really discomforting and even serious at times. Use orange peel powder to keep these flies at bay. You should apply orange peel on the bare parts of your body before going outdoors to prevent mosquito rashes and bites.
- Constipation will no more be a daily affair: Chronic constipation can be dealt with by consuming orange peel. It helps to improve your bowel movements. It can also treat other gastronomic problems like heartburn, nausea, and bloating.
- If lack of breath is a chronic problem: Asthma is a great impediment in the smooth functioning of one's life. The simple way of dealing with the problem is to use orange peel powder that can eliminate phlegm from a person's body, thus easing the breathing.
- You can take care of your skin with orange peel: An orange peel face pack can gift you a glowing skin. It is known to remedy blackheads, acne, pimples, dark circles and skin pigmentation. For desired results, you should apply an orange peel face pack at least twice a week.
- Bake an orange cake for your family: Orange peel acts as a wonderful flavoring agent. Add dried orange peel to a plain cake batter and pamper your taste buds with the luscious scent and flavor of orange.
- Live by the Chinese principle: In China, people eat orange peel to rid themselves of blood pressure related problems. Orange peel can improve the health of your heart by regulating blood circulation in your body.