Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhashYour feedback matters!
Hello, doctor I am 18 year old. I have a problem My hair becomes white. What could I do for it. Which type of oil I apply in my hair and what I eat? I take proper sleep. But. My problem is not solve. What should I do?
I am losing hair quickly and I also tried all shampoo but no result yet. I am not sure what to do. So can you help me?
I have allergy for a long time. I am using medicine still allergy is with me. I am very sad because of this matter. Can you help me?
I am effected by a skin disease from a few months. I don't know what it is. It's like some white rashes with dry skin n sometimes red below my eye, cheek, chest and on my total neck. Will have a small itching sensation when sweated or bathed. What should I do?
I am suffering psoriasis last 10 years affected whole scalp and leg in minor area Use pensilin and that's time also problem constipation and blood sugar Please suggest.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from hair fall and hair whitening. I use shampoo only once or twice a week. Suggest some solutions.
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies for wrinkles:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
In summers - Oil the scalp frequently
Oil your hair as frequently as you can. It moisturizes your hair & uses a gentle shampoo to get rid of the oil. Oiling the scalp is good for your hair.
Love your soft and smooth hair.
Dear Sir, I have a patch at my cheek since last 1.6 years. It was happened by lemon juice. There was a little pimple spot on my cheek, once I was trying to rubbing it through the cotton ball with lemon juice for removing the spot. But it is reacted like as skin burn. I went to see a skin doctor in local, he suggested me to apply dewsoft cream, melacare plus and take to doxt s tab for some days. But it didn't effected .still the spot/patch is s same as before. Request you to please guide me how can I get rid of this spot/patch.
I have a white patch inside my lips. But it does not painful I chew tobacco last 2.5 years Does it causes cancer? I am 18 years old. How to treat them.
I feel my skin dry flaky from past two years ,hair fall dandruff is so I'm obsessed what do you recommend Plus consistent weight loss.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
1. Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
2. Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
3. Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
4. Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
5. Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
a. Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
b. Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
c. Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
d. Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
e. Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion.