Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poshita SakhujaYour feedback matters!
I has tooth grinding habit. How to stop that habit. And also tooth grinding habit causes any tooth failure in future or any problems?
My front tooth was chipped before 8 years and have a crown placed on it now. But the crown placed tooth is a little over the other front tooth and my teeth are a little bit overbite (just very little. Should I go for invisalign six months braces? And is it possible to wear braces on crown?
Sir, today morning I was doing push ups with led in air. And suddenly I felt something in mouth. I thought It was saliva but when I went to washbasin It was blood. I have been doing this since many years and it the first time I got blood in my mouth. What is the reason behind it? What should I do? Please help.
I have teeth problem early morning out of my teeth blood and also I have eye problem so please suggest me.
Hi Dr. After proper brushing. I feel like foul odor through my mouth. I don't have any bad habits like chewing tobacco etc. Can you please help me out to get rid of this.
Hii, This Q. is for my Hubby. He is 29 years old. He has horizontal wisdom tooth covered with gums. Their is no pain in the tooth. Should he remove that tooth or not? Thanks & Regards Himani Kapoor
I am getting ulcers very frequently now a days and this is happening at a regular basis. Could anyone please assist me and provide me a best cure.
Hi, I am 28 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum ( mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do?
Hi doctor, I am having a black mark under my teeth I don't have any habit of using tobacco or any other. But still there is a black or brown stains in my teeth. I tried changing the brush and tooth paste but nothing worked out so please help me to rectify this problem. Thank you!
Hi I am 22 year old man and I have problem with my teeth they become yellow. So, requesting to you kindly know me its cause and treatment. Thank you,
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!