Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Laul
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam LaulYour feedback matters!
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
Stress is a state of physical and mental tension caused by certain external or internal factors in a person's life. Main goal of stress management is relaxation and rest, hence one must engage in activities that relax oneself. Yoga meditation sharing with others are some of the effective ways of coping with stress.
My question is for my girlfriend. She had a regular menstrual cycle. Date 25 or 26 of month. Last one was on Jan 26th. We had sex on 1st Feb Night and on 2nd feb she had i-pill around 5 pm. Yesterday she had some black colored discharge. We are so much worried. Can you help us please. And Yes her age is 25.
M planning for my baby but had earlier 1 missed abortion n 1chemical pregnancy so m bit scared to plan again. I had done al the tested n al r fine. My gyco told me you can conceive again. M taking folic acid and ecosprin too. Is there anything you lyk to suggest.
Looking for the doctor is not always easy. It is even harder when you go out of network and locate a practitioner that can meet your health needs. However, if you are prepared and informed, your will be able to choose the right one. You can also use our tips to find the right one. Read on to find out more about the tips.
1. Look for an Integrative Doctor
In traditional medicine, the objective is to find out the core cause of the disease and then prescribe the right medicine. If you have a health issue, you may want to look for a good integrative doctor. To find the right one, you can ask friends, family or your colleagues. The goal of integrative medicine is to heal a person with a certain health condition.
Make sure you go with a practitioner that has a good deal of knowledge. Moreover, the professional should use a holistic approach in order to treat you. He should find out the root cause of your condition instead of treating the symptoms.
2. Symptoms and Underlying Causes
Today, doctors consider symptoms of a condition to prescribe medicine. On the other hand, an experienced integrative physician will take into account your illness symptoms and then try to find out the root cause of the symptoms. In the end, they may prescribe the right treatment. So, before you hire one, make sure they can identify and address the underlying cause of the problem.
3. A Coach, not a Friend
Your doctor is your coach, not a friend. The doctor will let you know what to do and what not. But it's also your responsibility to follow their advice. So, during the interview, you should try to find out if the doctor is going to play the role of a doctor or coach. Remember: if the practitioner is friendly, doesn't mean he is going to act like a friend.
It's a good idea to buy medicine from the doctor's dispensary. You may want to ask each potential practitioner if they operate their own dispensary. The dispensary should not have just nutritional supplements. In fact, it should have herbal products, natural meds, homeopathic remedies, biological medicines and minerals, to name a few.
You are not bound to hire an insured doctor. As a matter of fact, top integrative doctors are not insured. The reason is that the paperwork and bureaucracy may waste a lot of the doctor's time. Moreover, it may limit the therapeutic options a doctor may use. According to a study, doctor's spend more time doing paperwork than checking patients in their office.