Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
One’s pregnancy is a time when one must be extremely vigilant about a proper diet and good exercise regime that will benefit the child and mother in equal measure. A balanced diet during pregnancy and enough of it is essential for your child to develop and grow in a healthy manner. You need to up your daily intake by 300 to 350 calories per day. Women carrying twins require 500 calories extra each day. Despite the fact that nausea during the initial months of pregnancy can make this troublesome, try to eat a properly balanced diet and take prenatal vitamins.
Here is a guide to a healthy diet during pregnancy:
- Eat a variety of food items to get a good amount of the nutrients, which your body requires. 3 main meals and 3 small meals should be taken each day.
- Pick fruits and ingredients that are high in fiber like whole grain breads, oats, beans, pasta and rice. In case you take a fiber supplement, increase the dose you take, slowly. This can get rid of gas and cramping. It is just as essential to drink enough fluids when you increase your fiber consumption.
- Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals daily. Your specialist can suggest an over-the-counter supplement or recommend a prenatal vitamin for you.
- Eat and drink no less than four servings of dairy items and calcium-rich food products a day to guarantee that you are getting at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium on a daily basis.
- Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods such as spinach, beans, lean meat and breakfast cereals every day to ensure that you are getting 27 milligrams of iron each day.
- While you are pregnant, you will require 220 micrograms of iodine a day to guarantee for your child's brain and sensory system growth. Look for dairy items like milk, cheese, and yogurt. In addition, baked potatoes, cooked beans, limited portions of fish like cod, salmon, and shrimp can be very healthy.
- Consume at least one good source of vitamin C consistently. For instance, oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green peppers, tomatoes and mustard greens. Pregnant women require 80 to 85 milligrams of vitamin C a day.
- Every pregnant woman needs one milligram of folate each day to counteract neural tube defects like spina bifida. Folic acid is an essential choice when you are pregnant.
- Consume at least one source of vitamin A each day. Sources of vitamin A are carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, spinach, water squash, turnip greens, beet greens, apricots, and melon.
I have a problem of dark hot flashes of menstrual prior to the actual menstrual period date. For instance, if I get periods on 10th of this month, I get that flash traces a week before. Is it normal or due to some deficiency? Please suggest.
Hi. I had intercourse on 22nd july n consumed unwanted 72 on 24th (before 48 hours). I had it multiple times yesterday .initiated with protection but shortly shifted to condom. Can I take another pill just ti be sure. My Lmp is 17. N last period gap of 32 days.
I had sex with my boyfriend with a condom. However My boyfriend later removed it and ejaculated over (outside) my vagina. I had emergency contraceptive pill within 3 hours (on the 28th of September). I had taken the an ECP one week prior as well. However, it has been a month since and I am about 20 days overdue and I haven't got my period. I am not on any standard birth control. Worried that I could be pregnant, I took the urine test and got the HCG blood test and a trans vaginal ultrasound. The urine test is negative. On the 24th October I had the first Beta HCG test which was 1.20 (negative). Then I had another beta HCG on the 30th which also came back negative (0.2). I was told to wait for my periods to start but the wait was worrying me so I had an Trans Vaginal Ultrasound done on the 3rd November. The results came back normal. One doctor suggested I take Primolut N to induce my periods so I began taking it on the 3rd November for 5 days. Throughout this time I have been experiencing stomach cramps and one the second day of taking Primolut N I also had light spotting. Last date I had my periods was 18th September. Could I be pregnant?
My wife is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weigh around 45 kgs. She is 26 years old. She is facing a problem. She doesn't fell like eating. neither she feels hungry. She is getting really weak these days. And more over she likes to sleep. Her weight with respect to her height is very less. Cam you provide me some remedy. Like a proper weight gain diet. Thanks.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
I am 20 years female. My husband is 29 years old. He is a soft ware engineer. He is not very strong physically. Now a days he totally lost interest on sex. We planned children aftr 4 years. He loves me .but he has no interest on sex. Wt to do. I am not able say this to him directly. He may feel embarsed if I say this. I want to be happy with physically also. Wt shud we do for that.
What is the best way to avoid pregnancy if we r having sex in a regular or weekly basis? P always use condoms. But just in case.
Hello doctor. My wife second time pregnant for 36 weeks. First was done by cesarean. Is this time possible to do normal birth. Gap is 2 years between first and second.
Its been 2 months. My periods r skipped. Two weeks back I went to pelvic scan. A sac of 5 weeks is present but no trace of fetus. Is found. Early pregnancy is conclusion. My gynaecologist suggested me to wait 2 more weeks for confirmation. Today I found that spotting. But not continuous bleeding as periods. My health conditions r normal as if now. No cramps/ pains also. What to do now? Previously I have a gal child of 2 years thru c- section. A septum was cleared in that cesarian.
The sweltering and scorching summers can bring life to a standstill. Monsoon provides the much needed relief, people long for. However, with merits come the demerits. In the excitement, do not neglect your health. The humid and damp weather can affect your health immensely. Many fungal and bacterial infections are common during the monsoon season. These infections can have a huge impact on the overall health. Skin and hair problems are also on the rise during this season. Thus, one needs to be careful about their diet and healthcare regime. Time and again, herbal remedies have proved their effectiveness in dealing with the various monsoon related health problems.
Herbal Remedies for skin problems:
- Acne, pimples, skin eruptions and rashes are common during monsoon. For people with oily skin, the situation gets worse. It is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. For a healthy, blemish free skin, it is important to flush out the toxins. Drink 6 - 8 glasses (2-3 litres) of water daily.
- For oily skin, it is best to use a mixture of cucumber juice and rose water on the face. This mixture helps to reduce the oiliness of the face.
- Neem and Fenugreek (both leaves and seeds) are excellent herbs for the skin. Applying neem paste on acne, skin rash and pimples provides great relief. One can also wash the face with neem water (boiled overnight and sieved). Apply a paste of freshly grinded fenugreek leaves on the face to ward off skin eruptions.
- Sandalwood paste mixed with rose water effectively deals with acne and pimples. It provides a great cooling effect.
- Manjistha is useful against skin rashes.
- The antiseptic properties of turmeric are known to all. A mixture of chickpea flour (besan), milk and turmeric is an effective facial and body scrub. Use of aloe vera gel can also prove to be beneficial.
Herbal Remedies for Hair problems:
- Hair fall, itchy scalp and dandruff problems are common during monsoon. It is very important to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
- Aloe vera can greatly check and reverse the hair fall problem. Aloe vera hair mask is an effective herbal remedy to treat itchy scalp.
- Use of Amla, reetha and shikakai go a long way to control and prevent the hair fall and other hair related problems.
- Turmeric, ginger, honey, amla and tulsi are excellent herbal options to deal with cold and cough.
- Include lots of fruits, vegetables, avocados, berries and nuts into your diet.
- Avoid coffee and sweetened beverages. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Avoid fast and processed foods completely.
This monsoon, do not let the health problems dampen your spirits. Embrace the goodness of herbal remedies and enjoy the season like never before.