Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam KhannaYour feedback matters!
Hi it's been 3 days up that my periods are delayed is there anything to worry about and what could be the reason for this delay. Though my legs and back pains just the same as the symptoms before periods come kindly please help.
Its been 3 days now my vagina is itching alot and whenever I uses the washroom its burning as well could you please suggest me some medicine.
I suddenly gained weight like in my breasts and butt thigh what does it mean im already a pcos patient and I had intercourse with my boyfriend but he did not ejaculate I had intercourse on 15th April (NOTE: I did not have my periods for 3 past three months BEFORE HAVING INTERCOURSE )so I guess I will not be pregnant even pls tell me. Some tips to have my period.
My friend had an unprotected sex. The sperm has not entered into vagina but only touched it. The women is getting delayed in periods? Suggest us what needs to be done.
Hie doctor last month I had my periods on 2nd may and then had sex on 8th may. I consumed an ipill immediately and now its 10th june I still dint have my periods. Although I was bleeding for about 4 days but that was not my periods.
Hello doc. please suggest me something. Ajj mera 2nd day h periods ka but period proper nhi aa rhe just like spoting. please suggest me.
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.
I am bleeding from past two weeks, I normally bleed more after having sex along with white discharge, and it pains while having sex, I also found my cervix slightly on the left side a week ago. I am afraid, I am bleeding for past 17 days now. Please help me.
I had sex on 2nd april & 15th april with condoms. My period date is 30th day of month. On 2nd may I use pregnancy test kit. But it result negative. Till now my period is missing.so, can you please suggest what should I do?
I had sex with my boyfriend last week. 4 days earlier I found that my right leg labia is swollen and irritated and now my right Labia is irritated, swollen, very big and there are pustules all over my vagina, Labia and clitoris. It is so painful that I can't even open my legs. I consulted a gyno three days back she gave me an antibiotic (azithral 500), painkiller and Vibac ds. All my STD test came back negative. Pain has reduced a bit. I'm taking medication for last 2 days. Pustules busted and all the puss came out now it is more like an open ulcer wound. Doctor has told me to continue the medication for 5 days. My question is that weather the antibiotic medicines which I take be sufficient enough to heal the ulcer wounds. Ulcer wounds Now gives out a yellow color discharge. It pains a lot because the ulcer ones are all over my vagina, clitoris inside my labia. Is it normal because all my STD tests are negative when will the wounds heal? Will antibiotics be sufficient enough To close and heal the pustule wounds.
8 ways 'all work and no play' messes up with your health!
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
1. Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
2. While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
3. Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
4. Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
5. Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
6. Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
7. Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
8. Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
1. Take a short trip
Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
2. Meditate for a calmer self
Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
3. Don't bring work home
Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
4. Go for regular checkups
Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.
Hello doc im planning for baby and my period is regular and my last month period was started on 21 to 23 so today shall I start intercourse, for how many days or should I go for ovulation kit. Please help me out waiting for your earliest reply. Thank you.
I have my baby girl last month but after still my stomach paining and headache can you suggest me for good ans and my weight is growing up too I really care my health thanks.
I am 4 month pregnant. But I can't eat anything. Every time feeling like nausea. Please give me syrup name so I can improve my digestion.
Can I trust on pregnancy kit available in the chemist shop. Is it cent percent correct and gives accurate result. And it valid if we go to a normal test after 3 days. will it work. And how I get the result is positive or negative.
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbeque nights, and more traveling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
- Cooling Foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
- Barbecue nights: While summer allows you to enjoy a barbeque party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbequed and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
- Picnic foods: Summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighborhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
- Beer: There can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.
There are many other tips to watch for in your diet during summer, however, these are the major dangers.