Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hii I'm 19. Please help .My boyfriend fingered me. Not sure if he had precum/sperm on his hand or not. I was on my 12th day of cycle. My cycle is 32-34 days long. Can I get pregnant because of that? Kindly reply I am feeling pelvic pain sometimes in whole back some times on one side. And sometimes a sharp stomach ache which comes and goes on it's own. Since the past two-three days. What can be the possible reason behind this. We also slept as one like completely sticking together for 2-4 hours and we both were completely wet. He ejaculated and I also had much vaginal flow. But we were wearing clothes. He was in his lowers and underwear while I was in my undies and leggings. Can I get pregnant? Can semen travel/ pass through clothes and make pregnant? (Both of us were lubricated with our respective flows, which made us feel wet) kindly reply. I have pcod also. So is that pain because of pcod? Or can I get pregnant?
I had sex on jan 26th he ejaciated inside . I was supposed 2 get my perod on 28th on jan but 27th i got my bleeding it was heavy like my normal period so took i pill wth in 24 hours 4 safer side. And then next day bleeding stopped . Den on 2nd Feb i had like lite bleeding and spotting. For 4 days So I was expecting my periods 2 get on 27th of Feb but no sign. Now its March i took pregnancy test 3 4 times also consulted a gynec too did ultrasound. No pregnancy detected it shows. But can be pregnant? When will i get my menses now?
Hi, We got married five 5 month ago, my wife had regular menses from Dec to Feb but for March it got delayed for 15 days for her menses we everyone thought see conceived. But suddenly period occurred on 45th Day. She will be ok to conceive in coming month. We are planning for baby and really worried.
Can we use vomistop domperidone tablets for increasing breast milk I'm a mother of 4 months baby, I have no breast milk please suggest me some tablets or home remedies to increase milk.
My last period was on 22 Jan 2017, Till today I didn't had my period I had neg pregnancy test Hsg beta test to negative I took duphaston 10 mg for daily but still no periods My thyroid is on control On the year 2014 I diagnosed with pcod then my blood test report on 2014 was My prolactin was 16.35 Fasting insulin was 18.90 Estradiol was 163.84 LH was 1.69 AMH was 10.77 FSH was 1.31 Please answer my filling questions in points. 1. Wat is d reason of missed period after duphaston 2. M I going to menopause 3. Wat doctor will do if I didn't get my period still 4 .Y my vagina is dry 5. My hair is thinning and facial hair is increasing. 6. I am having breast pain but y nt getting periods I am very afraid is it menopause .Please help me out.
Close to 400 million people across the world are affected by diabetes, and this chronic condition drastically reduces the quality of life if not managed properly. Though several treatment options are available to manage the condition, lack of awareness hinders many from seeking treatment.
Insulin therapy is provided for type II diabetes patients to achieve and maintain a steady blood sugar level. A few may think that injecting insulin is a complicated therapy, but there is no reason to be afraid of insulin treatment.
Insulin treatment is often regarded as the last resort when it comes to managing type II diabetes, but experts suggest that this should not be the case. Insulin is a type of hormone that the pancreas produces naturally and in case there is any deficiency of it, a person may have to take insulin. However, you cannot purchase insulin in pill form, and thus, insulin injections are the only way that can stabilize the insulin requirement in your body.
When is insulin given to a person?
Insulin treatment is required when a person who has type II diabetes is not able to produce adequate levels of the hormone, and other techniques and medications fail to treat the condition. Initially, basal insulin, commonly referred to as background insulin is given to a person owing to its low and consistent level in the blood for a long stretch of time. Also, there are different types of medications available for controlling diabetes, and therefore, some people may need one basal injection along with pills while others may require mixed insulin treatment.
The different types of insulin available for treating diabetes-
Every individual has a different set of variables that make his or her health condition unique. There are also various approaches to controlling blood sugar, and this includes the insulin type prescribed as well.
According to the reports of the American Diabetes Association, there are several forms of insulin with their unique benefits and properties such as speed and span of efficacy, and peak points. Here are some of the most commonly prescribed types of insulin:
- Regular insulin: Also referred to as short-acting insulin, this kind of insulin is consumed during mealtime, and it reaches the bloodstream within half an hour after injecting. It peaks in about 2 to 3 hours and remains effective for up to 6 hours.
- Long-acting insulin: It is given once a day, and it can stabilize blood sugar levels for the whole day.
- Rapid-acting insulin: As the name suggests, this insulin works fast and lasts for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Intermediate-acting insulin: It works slower than its rapid-acting counterpart, but faster than long-acting insulin. It reaches the bloodstream in about 2 hours after injection and remains effective for about 18 hours.
It is crucial to discuss one’s preferences and medical history with a professional endocrinologist for an effective insulin treatment plan. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife has pain in vagina. This month her period not come. She tested with prega news. Result is one line is dark and other is faint pink. What it means. And the pain is continue. What to do kindly suggest. Is there any pregnancy.
Water is an essential nutrient that is required by the body to perform its functions. Water is lost from the body due to various factors such as exercise and warm weather so it needs to be replenished on a regular basis.
Here are five reasons as to why you should increase your daily water intake.
1. To repair the muscles in the body - Water is vital to the muscles in the body as fatigue can set in due to the fluid imbalance in the cells. The muscles' performance is thus impaired to a large extent. Increasing fluid intake during and after exercising is recommended to keep muscles healthy.
2. Proper skin care - Lack of water in the body may be reflected on your face in the form of dry skin and wrinkles. Drinking enough water also prevents fluid loss from the body.
3. To allow the kidneys to function optimally - Kidneys function optimally when body fluid levels are normal. Lack of water causes kidney stones in warm weather and impairs the kidney function of regulating body waste.
4. Water helps in weight loss - Eating water-rich foods such as cucumber and spinach can help reduce the binge eating tendency. These food are voluminous foods which are absorbed slowly thus keeping the body full for longer.
5. Optimal bowel function - Optimal drinking of water allows free bowel movement. The fluids combined with fibre help in eliminating constipation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Nothing's more dangerous than drinking water in plastic bottles!