Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Behal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam BehalYour feedback matters!
My periods are very much painful. I take painkiller like nice. The pain is very much on the first day. I have been taking pain killers since I was in class 8th I am 20 now. Sometimes I take 2-3 painkillers a day during the first few days of my periods.
My periods will be regular. This month didn't get it. It's already one week over. I want to know y it is like this and what I should do for this.
I have blood test that is 7.9 and calcium test 7.2 I am also 1 month pregnant but that blood deficiency was also before pregnancy.
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
Hi. I am 23 and unmarried in Chennai ,i had a night stay with my friend and I am missing my period for 7 days, and the fact is I am still a virgin, we were safe with our sexual parts and made sure there is hardly no skin contact, but some how I don't know what happened, I'm really very scared and never expected to be this serious. In case if I'm pregnant, I will need to abort, can you please help me. Reach me at -firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm 23 year old and I had my last periods on 11th nov, I had sex on 23 nov. Estimated periods is on 10 Dec. I have dysmonnerhea problem. I'm having cramps in my abdomen from yesterday (7 dec) but bleeding does not starts yet. Had 1-2 drops of pinkish brown discharge. What is the reason behind this? Is there any pregnancy chances.
Testosterone is a hormone that is produced by the human body. It is mainly produced in the testicles in men. It stimulates sperm production and a man’s sex drive and also helps build muscle and bone mass. Testosterone production typically decreases as men age. Men can experience a range of symptoms if it decreases more than it should. Low t is diagnosed when levels fall below a normal range (300- 1000 ng/dl. A blood test (called serum testosterone level) is used to determine your level of circulating testosterone.
1. Low sex drive
Testosterone plays a key role in libido (sex drive) in both men and women. Men may experience some decline in sex drive as they age. However, someone with low t will likely experience a more drastic drop in his desire to have sex. Low t can also decrease the sex drive in women, along with other factors, such as other hormonal and mood changes.
2. Difficulty achieving erection
Testosterone stimulates a man’s sex drive — and it also aids in achieving an erection. Testosterone alone doesn’t cause an erection, but it stimulates receptors in the brain to produce nitric oxide — a molecule that helps trigger an erection. When testosterone levels are too low, a man may have difficulty achieving an erection prior to sex or experience spontaneous erections (for example, during sleep). Other health problems can influence erectile function, so it is important to determine whether low t is causing this symptom.
3. Low semen volume
Testosterone plays a role in the production of semen, which is the milky fluid that aids in the motility of sperm. It’s pretty simple: the more testosterone a man has, the more semen he produces. Men with low t will notice a decrease in the volume of their semen during ejaculation.
4. Hair loss
Testosterone plays a role in several body functions, including hair production. Balding is a natural part of aging for many men. However, men with low t may experience a loss of body and facial hair.
5. Fatigue & lack of energy
Men with low t have reported extreme fatigue and a noticeable decrease in energy levels. You might be experiencing symptoms of low t if you are tired all of the time, despite getting plenty of sleep, or if you are finding it harder to get motivated to hit the gym or exercise.
6. Loss of muscle mass
Because testosterone plays a role in the building and strengthening of muscle, men with low t might notice a decrease in both muscle mass and strength those who try to reverse the muscle loss through weight training might find it difficult to build or rebuild muscle.
8. Increase in body fat
Men with low t may also experience increases in body fat. In particular, they sometimes develop “gynecomastia”, a condition in which they develop enlarged breasts. Although the reasons behind this are not entirely clear, suggests that testosterone influences the way your body stores fat.
9. Mood changes
Testosterone influences many physical processes in the body. It can also influence mood and mental capacity. Research suggests that men with low t are more likely to experience depression, irritability, or a lack of focus.
Homeopathy is best treatment for who have low testosterone level. Take care. Have a good day.
Hello Doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th jan and later she had ipill the same day. After that she got her periods from 11th to 16th feb. Few days before from now, There was white n waterish secretions from her breast I wonder if it is milk or not? She had urine pregnancy test too which was negative and she did not got her periods till now. Her due date of periods was 8th march. Is she pregnant?
I had unprotected sex with my wife a day before period that was on 30th June, 16. We used pull out method and as I remember I didn't ejaculate inside. Now she's late in her periods for around 7 days. Her vaginal area remains wet all the time. Is it the symptoms of pregnancy? please clear my doubts! Thanks.
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is pregnant around 8 week pregnant. But during ultrasound no heart beat showing .plz suggest. Whether its normal or serious.
Hi, we had unprotected sex on 6th of Sep 2016 and the concern is my baby was born on 14th of Feb 2016 and till now my wife don't have any periods, is there any chance of pregnancy again and if yes what we can do for avoid this pregnancy, please give me the solution, (What I thought is without periods pregnancy won't be possible, so we had unprotected sex). Please advise on this to avoid Thanks,
There are herbal preparations, which adsorb pollutants and may also help detoxify the effects." One must wash the skin, hair with neem leaves boiled in the water. It will clear the pollutants stuck to skin and mucosal membrane. If possible, also try to eat three to four leaves at least twice a week. It helps to purify blood and lymphatic tissue.
- Tulsi (basil) should be planted at every house to absorb the pollution. In addition, one should drink 10-15 ml of tulsi juice as it helps clear pollutants from the respiratory tract
- Turmeric powder half teaspoon with 1 tablespoon of ghee or honey, should be taken empty stomach in the morning
- One can put 2 drops of cow ghee in each nostril every day in the morning and at bed time to stay clear from pollutants., "It is important to have two to three teaspoon of homemade ghee daily. It is very much useful to chelate the toxic effects of metals like lead and mercury and does not allow them to accumulate in bones, kidneys and liver.
- Pippali is one of the super herbs for purifying lungs that enable easy breathing. It's very effective against lung infections due to its rejuvenative properties. A simple way to consume this is ¼ teaspoon Ginger, ¼ teaspoon turmeric and 1/8 teaspoon Pippali powder mixed in 1 tbsp honey and washed down with warm water. This should however be taken for maximum of seven days and not used in infants.
- Pollution causes imbalance in tridosha and Triphala helps restore the same, thus, bolstering immunity. One tablespoon of Triphala with 1 teaspoon of honey at night is the recommended dosage
- Drink pomegranate juice as it is known to purify blood and is also a brilliant cardio protective fruit.
- Dr Piyush Juneja, suggests a daily full-body warm oil massage aka Abhyangam, therefore, acts as a powerful recharger and rejuvenator of mind and body.
- Luke Coutinho, holistic healing expert recommends taking steam with 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil or a drop of peppermint oil. This should be done for five minutes twice a day.
- Dhoop (smoke created in earthen bowl) of Guggulu and Aguru, which are Ayurvedic herbs can be used to prevent dampness in the house, which is a leading cause of allergic cold and breathlessness
- Eat home cooked, warm food instead of eating out at restaurants. Incorporate herbs like turmeric, cayenne pepper, carom seeds, ginger etc in food. Add some pepper, and basil leaves to your regular cup of chai.