Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja JainYour feedback matters!
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 24 years old, and I am 8month pregnant please suggest me what diet I have taken and what precaution taken in this month?
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
Hello Respected Doctors I am 45 years old and my wife age 30 years. We did sexual intercourse at morning, after that she found little pain in her vagina and back. Is it normal or serious? Please help. Thank you.
I had unprotected sex after two days when my periods are over. My cycle is of 35 days. Will there is a risk of getting pregnant?
Hi my lmp is 7th april. But before 3 days I am suffering from bleeding. Why this? please help me? am so upset.
Perimenopause is the transition period in a women?s life when her ovaries stop producing eggs .Her body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent. A woman generally experience Perimenopause around the age of 40 years. Symptoms can begin as early as her mid 30s.
Menstrual inequalities ? Change in the menstrual cycle is the important sign of Perimenopause. Periods may be shorter, may be longer .Women can experience either scanty menses or profuse bleeding.
Hot flushes ? Hot flushes and night sweats are the most common signs of Perimenopause.
Weight gain ? Less estrogen can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.
Hypertension ? High level of cholesterol can ultimately lead to high blood pressure.
Mental symptoms -Like depression, anxiety, irritability can experience by Perimenopausal women.
Loss of Libido ? it can experience by many women in the period of Perimenopause.
Dryness of vagina ? It occurs due to decreased production of estrogen.
Painful sex ? It mainly caused due to dryness of vagina.
Other cause include
Frequent urinary tract infections
Rapid heart beat
Involuntary urinary leakage
Some important remedies are given below to treat Perimenopause symptoms:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Actea Racemosa, camphor, Platina, Sabina, Calcaria carb, Nux Vomica, Sanguinaria and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment ? Mainly include hormonal replacement therapy, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants etc.
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
You are often made the topic of all conversations and jokes in your friend circle, if you are lazy. At times, it is just brushed off by laughing. However, in reality being lazy is not a good sign at all. It hampers the growth and development of a person. Laziness is accompanied by lethargy, sleepiness and not wanting to perform any work. This might not only provide less exercise to the brain, but may also adversely affect your body mentally and physically. Ayurveda offers a great scope of medical practice, which can help you out of your lazy personality.
Here, are some of the ways in which ayurveda can help you lead a normal and healthy lifestyle.
- Practice yoga: Yoga helps in calming your senses and rejuvenating your soul. It helps in increasing stamina and concentration so that you can go about doing your daily chores without any hindrance. In case, you do not want to practice full-fledged yoga, following only pranayama can also help.
- Ashwagandha and gooseberry capsules: At times, laziness is experienced right after delivery of a child. During that phase, the health of the mother needs to be carefully monitored. Hence, to reduce lethargy, ashwagandha and gooseberry or amla capsules are consumed. Both have medicinal properties and are stable ingredients.
- Sleep: Ayurveda focuses a lot on the sleep patterns of an individual. It is said that you need to get the adequate amount of sleep to be able to have the energy to work the next day. Sleeping on time and getting up in the morning with at least six to seven hours of sleep is necessary for an adult. Furthermore, your sleep patterns including whether or not you sleep in the afternoons, help you in combating with laziness.
- Tea: Ayurveda focuses that lethargy can be due to negative vibes in your body. Thus, everyday you need to consume green tea ginger tea, or lemon tea in order to get rid of the tiredness in your body.
Thus, these are some of the best ways in which Ayurveda can help you get back to shape and have sound mental health, leaving laziness far behind. If you follow these rules in your daily life, then your body would be able to develop and grow properly with all the nutrition and environment that it needs for development. For more information, you can always consult an Ayurvedic practitioner.