Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ponam ChaddaYour feedback matters!
I have my c-section 6 month back, but haven't met with my menstruation till now, is there any problem?
My friend she has her first sexual intercourse on 2 nd jan and she bleeds for 2 days after that periods does not happen till now and she checked pregnancy test test was negative what is the problem can any one suggest me.
Hello Sir/ma'am My wife has a problem when we have sex and she take contraceptive pills she bleed after one week. Explain why it happens. Her Weight-51, height-5.7, age-24 years
It is common for most of us to wonder how some celebrities just don't seem to age, both in terms of looks and physique. It is not easy and requires in addition to a lot of hard work, loads of determination and self-constraints to achieve that. however, different bodies react differently to different food items and there is no one size that fits all. Though media claims and promotes various celebrity diet plans, but a word of caution. A detailed physical examination and discussion should be done with your dietician to identify what will work best for you. Listed below are some things that has helped celebrities to lose weight.
- Regular, well balanced meals: It is popular belief and advise that eating regular, small proportioned meals with the right mix of protein, carbs, and fats is the best way to lose weight. Of course, there have to be supplements to this including a good workout regime, reduced alcohol, reduced refined sugars, etc., but most people believe starving to be skinny is not the healthy way to go. Another good rule to follow is the 80/20 rule that is enforce discipline and let 80% of your food be nutritious and 20% can be damaging (chocolate cake included!). Most would also set a daily intake target and keep a count of the calories that are ingested.
- Increased fiber: Be it greens or vegetables, fruits, or dry fruits, added fiber makes you feel full and reduces the amount of food ingested. Atkins diet, which pumps your body with fiber for 3 consecutive days helps by flushing out a lot of toxins and is one of the most widely followed detox diet plans.
- Flush out with Lime Juice: Beginning your day with a glass of lime juice and warm water is supposed to flush out the toxins and reduce weight. Adding ginger and mint is believed to make this work better.
- Replace red meat with chicken: While chicken is believed to increase the protein intake levels, reducing red meat is believed to help reduce weight.
- Do away with the dairy: A lot of dairy products, which forms the main source of proteins, especially for vegetarians is believed to add to the weight. If weight loss is your goal, then dairy should stay out of your food diary.
A lot of celebrities also use natural boosters and suppressants to reduce appetite. Removing alkaline food items from your menu, gluten laden foods, alcohol, refined carbs, are followed as well. Weight loss supplements are another option, but should be used only under supervision and as a last resort. As mentioned, celebrity diet patterns should not be followed blindly. They are highly personalized and seek advice before adapting it.
On September 19th the condom broke, I took a morning after pill within 12 hours. I received my period the next day but the day after that had another mishap and took another morning after. I have been bleeding the past 10 days and today I feel nauseous. There is no unusual pain and I'm not bleeding heavily.
I am 5 months pregnant. My weight is 40. How can I get normal delivery and what are the ways to get normal delivery and avoid scisserian.
If no heart beat of foetus is found What might be the symptoms if its like that. What symptoms can be observed in a pregnant lady at this time. Please explain.
Breast cancer is on the rise in india. Surveys show that every 4 out of 5 indian women suffer from an advanced stage of breast cancer by the time they get themselves examined at the hospital. Urban women are at two times more risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer than rural women. Being overweight, eating unhealthy food, and consuming excessive alcohol or tobacco are some of causes that can make you susceptible to this disease.
How you can avoid breast cancer by being aware.
- dimpling of the skin around the breast or a lump in the breast is the first sign that you should keep an eye out for.
- apart from self-examining your breasts every month for a lump, going for a mammography (an x-ray of the breast) is vital for early detection of the problem.
- consult a gynaecologist before going for the test as its frequency depends on your age and risk factor. About 80-90% of tumours can be traced through this screening.
Breast cancer may run in family. If there is no family history of breast cancer, you start doing mammogram at 40 yrs of age but if there is a family history you start even earlier as advised by your gynaecologist.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
Report to Doctor (preferably Obstetrician) as soon as any symptom related to miscarriage appears.
Some forms of cancer, such as cervical cancer can be prevented by vaccines. Cervical cancer is the second most common form of cancer that affects women. The vaccine that prevents cervical cancer is known as the human papilloma virus(HPV) vaccination. Let's take a look at a few things you should know about this vaccination.
What is HPV?
There are over a hundred types of HPV. While some of them affect the genital area and can cause abnormal tissue growth that leads to cervical cancer others can cause anal cancer, genital warts, skin warts, cancer of the head and neck and vaginal cancer.
When should you have the vaccination?
The human papillomavirus or HPV vaccination is most effective when administered to preteen and teenage girls. This vaccine protects them for the next ten years against the disease. One of the reasons, the HPV vaccination is given so early is that the virus can spread easily by sexual activity. Having the vaccination early can protect them from a HPV infection. The vaccine is also said to be more effective when given to girls who have not yet been infected by a strain of HPV.
How is the vaccination given?
The HPV vaccination is given in the form of three injections spread over six months. The second dose is given two months after the first dose and the final dose is administered six months after the first dose. There is more than one name for the HPV vaccination. Gardasil and cervarix are the most common amongst these. Many doctors suggest no matter which one you choose, the same vaccination be used for all three doses.
How effective is the vaccination?
Along with protecting against cervical cancer, the HPV vaccine also protects women against vaginal, anal and oropharynx cancer. Some of the vaccines also protect against genital warts. However, the vaccination cannot be used to treat existing HPV infections and is less effective when given to women who have already been infected with a strain of the virus.
Is there anyone who should not have this vaccine?
The HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. Do not have the vaccination if you are already suffering from a severe illness. The vaccination is also not recommended for women who are allergic to yeast or latex.
What are the side effects of the HPV vaccination?
The HPV vaccination has minor side effects that may include mild soreness at the injection site, a headache or low fever. Some women may also feel dizzy or faint after the injection. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain are some of the other side effects associated with this vaccination. Apart from taking a dose of vaccine, it is important that you go for regular full body check up as well, to prevent yourself from various ailments.
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 night I get touch with my bf and he rub his penis on my vagina and his get his sperm and that time I am above and next day at 4 pm I take un wanted 72 and on 16 I get vaginal infection and on 20 days I have black discharge mix with transparent discharge that black discharge seems like blood and 1 day I have drop red discharge and next day have common discharge and after that I have no discharge but on 30 march I have water discharge it came often and pain in left lower part is there is any chance of pregnancy.
My last menstrual period was on 24th January 2016. I am pregnant. On march 8th I had an ultrasound. But only double decidual sac was present and no fetal node and yolk sac. Is there any problem?
I am 26 years old. Me and my husband trying for baby for last 1.5 yrs. Taking treatment like ovulation pills and doc injected me on 14 day of my ovulation. During follicular study I am having good follicular development. But my question iss why I am not gettingpregent. And usually I am having periods like pain 15 days before of my period date. What could be the reason for that? My hus count is normal. I had pcod before. I hope I only get pregnant if and only if. That pain stops. I had regular period for last 5 months. But in Aug and Sept periods gets late for 2 days and this month nearly late for 1 weak. What will be the reason for that. Please suggest me.
Last month I got my period on 17th july and ended up around 20 july then had unprotected sex with my bf on 24th july (did not ejaculated inside) though after the sex there was no discharge since then I counted days and took a pregnancy test after 14 days of sex and it is negative which was on 7th aug will take another on 14th aug though I am not feeling any symptoms of pregnancy my breasts are normal no abnormal abdomen pain no fatigue or nausea m rather energetic every day no abnormal discharge thus theres no white discharge. Discharge is really less n transparent n bit stretchy type like I use to get before my periods its like a symptom for my period but on 8th I noticed a small n tiny dot like spot but not pink or brown was like period and again on 10th it is so small that it can get ignored (i keep on fingering to check for any abnormalities I admit that the area also became bit dry. But no cramp no headache. I am a pcos. So I always get period symptoms like nipple pain or cramps before 4 days of period (do not know if this information can help) though I feel I am not pregnant and will get my periods as expected may be around 17 or 18 this month (at may I got periods o 24 at june on 18 and at july it was 17) but bit worried about that small n tiny dot like spot. Please help or give any suggestions it will be really kind of you.
I was 6 weeks pregnant It was you wanted preg I got a medical abortion But after follow up they said there is still some clots left After they gave me mistoprsal vaginally But now when I got an ultrasound they said still its not gone We need to do d&c So is d&c safe for my future pregnancy? And how long should I wait to get pregnant after this?
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
Timely intake of meals: for better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
Sleep: sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
Aloe vera: an ounce of aloe vera juice a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
Turmeric: haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric
Triphala: this combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
Hingvastak churna bet ween meal with deshi ghee is help ful to gastritis indigestion flatulance
Lavanbhaskar churan with sankh bhasm help to reduce abdomen pain due to indigestion.