Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pk Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pk GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have white rashes on my scalp for the last 5 years soriosis and I am 29 years old. Is there any reliable treatment available for soriosis?
Is it safe to use fairness creams like indulekha akrot face pack for a long time? is it safe to use it lifelong?
Dear Sir I am 26 years Old, having dark circles below my eyes, the same problem I am facing from last 5 yrs.
I am 75 years old male and have enlarges prostate for the last 15 years. I have been regularly using Urimax 0.4 mg capsule once a day for all these years. Even if I miss a single dose of this I start experiencing problem in urination within next 6 hours. My question is what are the side effects of such prolonged use of this medicine and whether there is a better medicine in Ayurved or Homeopathy for this.
I am 22 year male, mere face par black spot ho gaye hai. Main 2-3 months se doctor se medicine le rha hun but wo kam ni ho rhe hain. So please help me.
First my face mostly dries up h used many creams and even then my problem can not solved please help me to solve this problem.
I have a very dark toned skin like arms ,hand, neck and face By But light tone on the parts which are not exposed What is the solution?
Blackish colour on forehead since many years please suggest any home remedy and ayurvedic treatment.
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
HELLO MAM, I have lip peeling problem not chapel lips. I don't have any wound in my lips .The problem is my lip skin comes out after a week and this happens the whole year even in summer when I don't expose my lips to sun oftenly. Moreover I have tried most of lip bam but nothing cure me permanently. So please give me a permanent solution because I lose my confidence due to my problem. Please, please.
Before Some days I feel pain on the opening of anus. When I checked it was like cut on it due to this I felt pain during toilet and walking also and after two three days it has gone but it appeared after 10-12 days and disappeared after 2 days. Is there any serious issue?
My skin is very dry and at afternoon it very very oily, so for this dry skin and oily skin, how should I get rid off?
Hie my age is 19 years I feel my face after washing look yellowish. I used gram flour and then face wash to wash it. Wht could be the reason.
Hii. Till 16 years of my age my face skin was really whitish but now still my age of only 18 years my skin colours gets slightly black nd some dots gets appeared on my face. So what I should to do to make my face really whitish?
I had some pimples on my cheeks, foreheads and below the lips and they have gone now leaving its scars. The scars are being lighted on applying medicine but the scars on both cheeks remain red always and not being cured. Suggest a strong medicine so I can make my pimple scars disappear.
Hello doctor, I'm 39 year old male. I got skin problem and the symptoms of dark skin color appearing around my neck and on folding area. Initially I had skin irritation but later it is subsidized but the dark skin still continues to appear around the neck. Would like to understand if the symptoms mentioned is a result of food habits or working culture or climate related and what could be possible medication to restore to normalcy. Thanks
I am 53 years old. I have problem of deep pigmentation on my face. On both the cheek big black spots are there. I tried creams suggested by dermatologists in visakhapatnam. But the problem is still remains same. Pl suggest suitable treatment for my problem.
The kidneys are responsible for the elimination of waste from the body. The blood is filtered in the kidneys and all toxic wastes are filtered out and excreted through urine. When this filtration does not happen effectively, a lot of waste can be found in the blood, which affects normal body function.
Kidneys may lose their functioning either due to age, injury, or disease conditions. Whatever the reason, when kidney function is hampered, the body suffers. If there was an injury or congenital problem, it could be unilateral and the non-affected kidney could still do the function. However, if it is infection or old age, normally both kidneys are affected and then replacement should be looked for externally. This is where a kidney transplant comes into the picture.
What is it?
It is a surgery where a healthy, functioning kidney is placed into the body. The donor could be
- Living: These donors have to be related or unrelated. Related is often termed someone, who is a family member and is willing to donate one kidney (one kidney is sufficient for normal, healthy individuals) to the diseased person.
- Cadaver: If a person is willing to donate kidneys post death, these are used for transplant, within a specified time.
Identifying the right donor and recipient:
- Blood type and tissue type should be matched; a good tissue type match improves the chances of success
- Overall health of the donor to ensure there is no heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- The recipient also should be healthy
What to expect during surgery?
- Once a donor is identified, in living donors, the surgery to remove the kidney and to transplant it are done simultaneously
- The surgery usually takes about 3 to 4 hours
- Antibiotics are given prior to the surgery to prevent infection
- The blood vessels and ureter are connected back to the kidney after the transplant
- Hospital stay can range from 5 days to 2 weeks, depending on the overall health of the patient and the anticipated risk of rejection.
- Most transplanted kidneys work effectively almost immediately. A kidney stored from a cadaver may take a little longer compared to a fresh kidney from a living donor
- People who have had transplants are put on immunosuppressants on a chronic basis to reduce chances of rejection. The new kidney will always be recognised by the body as a foreign body, and so this is essential.
Kidney transplant success rates are quite high, and more and more people are opting for transplants as opposed to dialysis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!