Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pk Garg
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pk GargYour feedback matters!
Depression is a major public health problem as a leading predictor of functional disability and mortality.
Optimal depression treatment improves outcome for most patients.
Most adults with clinical significant depression never see a mental health professional but they often see a primary care physician.
A non?psychiatric physician 50% of times misses the diagnosis of the depression.
All depressed patients must be enquired specifically about suicidal ideations.
Suicidal ideation is a medical emergency
Risk factors for suicide are psychiatric known disorders, medical illness, prior history of suicidal attempts or family history of attempted suicide.
The demographic reasons include older age, male gender, marital status (widowed or separated) and living alone.
About 1 million people commit suicide every year globally.
Around 79% of patients who commit suicide contact their primary care provider in the last one year before their death and only one-third contact their mental health service provider.
Twice as many suicidal victims had contacted their primary care provider as against the mental health provider in the last month before suicide.
Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death worldwide and accounts for 1.2% of all deaths.
The suicide rate in the US is 10.5 per 100,000 people.
In the US, suicide is increasing in middle aged adults.
There are 10?40 non?fatal suicide attempts for every one completed suicide.
The majority of suicides completed in US are accomplished with fire arm (57%), the second leading method of suicide in US is hanging for men and poisoning in women.
Patients with prior history of attempted suicide are 5?6 times more likely to make another attempt.
Fifty percent of successful victims have made prior attempts.
One of every 100 suicidal attempt survivors will die by suicide within one year of the first attempt.
The risk of suicide increases with increase in age; however, young adults and adolescents attempt suicide more than the older.
Females attempt suicide more frequently than males but males are successful three times more often.
The highest suicidal rate is amongst those individuals who are unmarried followed by those who are widowed, separated, divorced, married without children and married with children in descending order.
Living alone increases the risk of suicide.
Unemployed and unskilled patients are at higher risk of suicide than those who are employed.
A recent sense of failure may lead to higher risk.
Clinicians are at higher risk of suicide.
The suicidal rate in male clinicians is 1.41 and in female clinicians it is 2.27.
Adverse childhood abuse and adverse childhood experiences increase the risk of suicidal attempts.
The first step in evaluating suicidal risk is to determine presence of suicidal thoughts including their concerns and duration.
Management of suicidal individual includes reducing mortality risk, underlying factors and monitoring and follow up.
Major risk for suicidal attempts is in psychiatric disorder, hopelessness and prior suicidal attempts or threats.
High impulsivity or alcohol or other substance abuse increase the risk.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collar bone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I'm not getting periods since 3 months I'm not pregnant I have tested with pregnancy kit BT it shows Negative. What to do now.
I have pimple and scar on my face n wen I squeezed it's remain as a black spot. I use different cream but it's still worse day by day n I have gastric problem too. So suggest for me for get better luk.
I lost too much weigh in last two years how to gain it back now my weight is 49 kg & two years ago my weight was 60 kg.
Sitting all day in an air-conditioned cabin is what constitutes a 9 to 5 office for most of us. As such one tends to eat on unhealthy snacks that are available in tuck shops like crackers, chips, namkeens, and biscuits. The calories we consume are far more than the energy we expend, thereby making us pile on the kilos. Below given are tips on how to eat healthily during office hours.
Here are a few ways in which you can eat healthy in your office without compromising on your health:
- Pack your meals: Try not to leave home without packing food so that you do not depend on the vending machine or office food court. Try to cook your food early and pack your meals in advance.
- Dispose of the junk food in your office: The environment that you set up for yourself will specifically impact how healthy you are. In case you surround yourself with junk food, you will begin to lose your healthy mindset.
- Time administration: You know what to eat and at what time. Keeping in mind the end goal to get rid of an unhealthy eating practice, set a break timer on your phone.
- Keep meals and snacks consistent: Pack new fresh fruits or vegetables to avoid the late-day munchies or before-meal hunger pangs that can prompt you to eat junk snacks.
- Make healthy swaps: Switch your sandwiches to whole grain bread and lean meat; ask for mustard rather than mayonnaise; avoid the fries and potato chips and pick celery and carrot sticks to fulfill your snack longing.
- Drink more water: Take water or other calorie-free drinks at your work area. Flavor your water with mint leaves, lemon or cucumber.
- Try not to eat and work: Multitasking has been turned out to be dangerous to the waistline. Rather than distractedly chewing on a serving of mixed greens while you are chipping away at a proposition, put your work aside and concentrate totally on your meal.
- Keep a crisis stash: You can have a drawer in your work area loaded with healthy and solid snacks.
- Try to stay away from the vending machine: Focus on maintaining a strategic distance from the vending machine by making conversation with people or finding other distractions.
- Do not get rid of your absolute favorites: In no way, shape or form should you get rid of your absolute favorite food item. Try to savor it in small portions. If you completely try to avoid it, you might crave for it all the more, which could lead to you binge eating junk food when you are tensed.
- Maintain distance from mid-day slump: In case you choose to spend on a sugary food item in the cafeteria, try to discover an alternative, which is higher in fiber like a wheat cookie or a grain biscuit.
- Keep nuts handy: Keep snacks that are high in solid fats, fiber and protein at your work area. Eat nuts and seeds, low sugar and fruit granola bars.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!