Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush KhannaYour feedback matters!
Actually mere sister ka beta abhi 2 saal ka hai lag bhag. Or wo normal huya tha. But kuch time baad usko minor brain hemorrhage hogya tha. Or kafi time machine me reha. Abhi vo waise to thik hai but Dr. Kehte hai ki uske ek ear me problem hai or vo kam sunnta ho or uska operation bataya hai 6 lakh tak kharcha or bola hai ki koi chip hai Jo iske ear me dali jayegi or iske mind ki nase week hai or wo apne pairo par bhi kharda nahi hota thik se. Means vo dekhne mein abnormal lagta hai but vo normal hai. Kya iska koi ilaaz hai kyonki itna paisa nahi hai ki operation kar de so please kuch bataye taki vo baby thik ho jaye please help
To my 2 years old baby mostly I give sujji halwa at early in the morning and sabodaana at dinner. Suggest me this is good diet or bad?
Pulmonary function tests (PFT’s) are breathing
tests to find out how well you move air in and
out of your lungs
Lung function tests can be used to:
■ Compare your lung function with known
standards that show how well your lungs should
■ Measure the effect of chronic diseases like
asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease
(COPD), or cystic fibrosis on lung function.
■ Identify early changes in lung function that
might show a need for a change in treatment.
■ Detect narrowing in the airways.
■ Decide if a medicine (such as a bronchodilator)
could be helpful to use.
■ Show whether exposure to substances in your
home or workplace have harmed your lungs.
■ Determine your ability to tolerate surgery and
What is spirometry?
Spirometry is one of the most commonly ordered
lung function tests. The spirometer measures
how much air you can breathe into your lungs
and how much air you can quickly blow out of
your lungs. This test is done by having you take
in a deep breath and then, as fast as you can,
blow out all of the air. You will be blowing into a
tube connected to a machine (spirometer).
The spirometry test is often repeated after
giving you a breathing medicine (bronchodilator)
to find out how much better you might breathe
with this type of medicine. You will be asked
to repeat this test two or three times to get an
accurate measure of your lung function. It can
take practice to be able to do spirometry well.
The staff person will work with you to learn how
to do the test correctly.
It usually takes 30 minutes to complete this test
What should I know before taking
■ You may be asked not to take your breathing
medicines before this test.
■ Instructions will be given on how to do this
test. If you do not understand them, ask the
technician to repeat them.
■ It takes effort to do this test and you may
become tired. This is expected.
■ If you become light-headed or dizzy during
this test, immediately stop blowing and let the
Sr mera cousin 17 year ka hai wo blood donate krnaa chahta hai, kya wo blood donate kar saktaa hai, aur blood donate karne se use koi problem to nhi hogi.
My daughter is 2 years old she is having stool problem . I have blood test in thyroid report with me t3 167 t4 11.3, tsh 2.20. Is normal or risk in future please say your observations.
My newborn child doesn't have center piece of bone in his head, there is space around 3centimeter radius between another piece of bone.
Is 60 ml pomegranate juice tough to digest for a two year baby. My daughter is two years old. She is suffering from acute problem of gas and indigestion. I am giving her 60 ml pomegranate juice daily. Can this be a cause for the problem. It has been newly introduced to her.
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.