Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush KhannaYour feedback matters!
My son has developed some kind of black material (dried up skin) on his body (at few places on chest and back) from the age of 3years and now he is 12 years. There is no itching n pain. Doctors told us it is birth mark only. I have pictures and can send them if email I'd is given by any doctor. Please advise, Thank you.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Sir My son is six year old having weight 23 kg and normal height. But he has some white hairs in a small portion numbering less than ten. Is there any treatment for that.
My son nowadays he eat more food. His weight increased and little lazy also. I am very fear his stomach is come front. He is 11 year old. Pls help me give some advice.
Dear doctor, my neice (8 years old) is affected by brucellosis/pleural effusion/pyopericardium/partial pericadiectomy done/collagen vascular disorder, she is discharged from hospital after a month of icu care. Now almost everyday she gets high fever and pimples in complete body.
Kal se meri 7 mahine ke baby ko bukhar huva hai, davai laya hu lekin bukhaar chadh uttar kar raha hai to kya koi serious problem hai ki aesa hota hai?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
What should be given to 12 years old boy to make him strong internally. To boost his immunity. Is yokult good? how it works. My boy is allergic to dust. Please help.
Which milk is good for my 21 months old child. Cow milk or packged milk like amul gold? Or any other?
Dry cough. I will have cough problem regularly but for a small interval it will not be there but again it starts. What should i do?
Cough and cold are very daunting diseases for anyone out there. Especially for people who have a tendency of catching cold easily. Nobody likes to have a runny nose, vigorous cough and fever. But all these symptoms occur when anyone suffers from cough and cold. However, the symptoms get doubled when anyone suffers with Whooping cough. Though any kind of chronic cough can be severe enough but whooping cough is the most panic striking among them all.
What is whooping cough?
Whooping cough begins with a little respiratory illness and includes runny nose, relentless cough. In later stages a development of vivid, copious mucus with the cough and the whoop sound while coughing develops. Whooping cough can be treated safely. If we look at the homeopathic treatment, there are various remedies for whooping cough. But first and foremost, it is very important to boost your immunity. Good immunity helps you to recover faster. Next you need to add nutrition to your diet, which are very important for your health. So intake green veggies and fruits as much as you can. Talking about the homeopathy treatment, yes there are some common homeopathic medicines available, which are prescribed for whooping cough. However, it depends upon individuals and their condition as to which one would be prescribed.
Listed are homeopathic medicines for whooping cough:
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed if anyone suffers with scanty and prolific cough along with difficulties in chest or lung. The patient may get mucus with cough, but it hardly comes out. As a result, the patient might end up vomiting in an effort to expel the mucus. The cough can be worse in this case, and the patient might feel breathless often. This medicine is prescribed in such a condition when the chest is filled with mucus, but it barely comes out.
- Drosera: This medicine is prescribed when a person experiences convulsions of coughing and ends up having cyanosis and shortness of breathing. The cough will be worse, especially at night, and the patient may end up vomiting. There is a chance of getting cramps in feet and hands while coughing.
- Belladona: This is a very common medicine for whooping cough, which is usually prescribed in the early feverish stages of whooping cough. If taken properly, it can be effective in terms of curing the illness.
Mostly in the coughing stage, patients may face violent cough with red nose and bulging out of eyes, there can be abdominal pain too. Severe irritation in larynx and headache too are noticed in this period. All the above mentioned homeopathic medicines are likely to be used in treating whooping cough infection. However, it is advised to consult a homeopathic doctor before starting any treatment.
My 2 months old baby had a rash on neck region. The rashes have disappeared but there are white patches left. Will those disappear or are those something else. What can I do to get rid of white patches.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.