Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush KapurYour feedback matters!
My eyes irritate. I got my eyes tested a couple of months ago and they were absolutely fine. I don't have any issues with sight. I can see properly. But I have noticed that this happens to me in summer and when we are approaching summer. I'm also allergic to dust and pollution. Need some advice for cleaning eyes as they scratch especially on the lid.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from chronic dry eyes problems from last 3 years & not getting any relief after using the medicines. My tears generations is 8 mm instead of 15~20 mm. Pl. Suggest some ayurvedic treatment for this.
I have an eye problem. When I close it then It's falling tears continuously. Please help me how can I get rid from this?
I m having a red eyes since 2 weeks for which its paining also all the necessary things I have done for making it good but I does not happen.
My left eye is very weak and my eye number is +4.5 and I put specs on my eyes and that, high number effect my side ways and sometimes in front and my problem is that when I see of my left or right my eyes round like (bhenga) but I am not bhenga it, s only look in right or left side pose not in front can you please help me in this feel so guilty when someone called that you r bhenga please plz help me please sir.
My eyes are very weak I have a specs of minus 4 number can I get rid of my specs naturally without laser operation.
Hello sir How are you I am find and hope the same with you my sister has several eye pain redness in her eyes and water always flow wIthaca his eyes what should he should do.
I have been suffering from red eyes since three days. I couldn't even concentrate on my studies. What can I do this for can you give me any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Hlo. The white potion of my eyes is not properly white, it's has some darkness And I don't like this. I want whiteness back will you help me pls.
I am a 29 years old male & have a eye redness problem for last 6 year. It happened alternate times. What should I do?
Sir when people stand up then they feel black darkness or weakness in his eyes and mind. I want to know what is the main cause of is this.
Im 25 years old male. Im having eye sight of 1.75 in one dye and 2 jn other eye. Is it possible to reduce eye sight totally? If yes, how? If not, Why?
My eyes continulsy emits water and now etching is also started and redness also get occur in it. Wjat to do for tgjis to secure.
I have affected by hereditary eye problems like retinitis pigmentosa due to my parents close relation marriage. I'm very difficult to manage evening travel with low lights and my side vision is also poor. Is any treatment?
I have red eyes for over three days and continuously tears fall so what should I have to do right now?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.