Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Piyooshi SharadYour feedback matters!
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
I am 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. I had my first miscarriage in month of November, I am pregnant again now in March. My question is how will I come to know that the baby inside is fine.
Hi sir my wife is pregnant have second trimester (17 week) she is suffering from lower back pain can I give calicijoint cap. One cap. D3 Contain 60000 lU but calcium has not this cap.
1. Get a goodnight's sleep -" poor sleep takes a toll on everything, from your job performance to your daily chores, and especially your memory, says Dr. Adarsh kumar, internal medicine, national heart institute. Sleep is a key time for the brain to solidify the connections between neurons, thus helping us remember more of our tasks. Rule of thumb: get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. And yes, naps count. Experts are of the opinion that if you do only one thing to improve your memory, getting more sleep should be it. If you have trouble sleeping fast, drink a warm cup of milk a half hour before hitting the sheets. Yes, this age-old remedy actually works. Now stop staring at the ceiling, and slip into slumber.
2. Jog your memory - literally. Exercise increases your heart rate which gets blood flowing to your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp. Running, swimming, biking - any form of exercise - for at least 30 minutes helps enlarge the hippocampus, which is regarded as the'memory center of the brain. In fact, physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a 10-minute walk around the block in your schedule or a few jumping jacks. It's enough to reboot your brain.
3. Quit multitasking - can't find your keys? it's probably because you weren't paying attention when you put them down. When you're juggling too many things, you're bound to forget. As it turns out, the brain doesn't actually multitask. Instead, it switches focus from one thing to the other, which is why it is difficult to read a book and hold a conversation at the same time. Multitasking will slow you down, so make it a point to concentrate on the task at hand. It's crucial. Studies suggest to say it out loud" I left my keys on the dresser, etc. So the brain can process it. Your brain actually need about eight seconds to commit a piece of information to your memory, so if you're talking on the phone and carrying groceries when you put down your car keys, you're unlikely to remember where you left them.
4. Go back to your roots - ashwagandha, a go-to choice in ayurvedic medicine, is known for promoting memory since it helps prevent nerve cell damage. Dr. Ashutosh gautam, clinical operations and coordination manager at baidyanath says" ashwagandha can be taken in the form of powder or tablet. It also improves the brain's memory functions like attention and concentration, hence helping with the symptoms of parkinson's, alzheimer's and other neuro degenerative diseases. Fish oil, has also been associated with encouraging the growth of neurons and lowering the risk of dementia. Fish oil contains dha, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps improve your memory power.
5. Use mnemonic devices - mnemonic devices are tools which help you memorize in an easier format - words, lists, concepts.
Acronyms: they are basically abbreviations used a word to help you jog your memory. For example: cart can be carrots, apples, raspberries and tomatoes, which can be used to remember your grocery list.
Rhymes: if you need to remember a name, get creative" mary loves cherry" or" simon is a fireman.
Acrostics: these are life savers during exams, especially. Whenever you need to mug up a sentence, combine the initial letters and use as a memory cue. For example: how we all remembered the 9 planets during childhood" my very educated mother just showed us nine planets.
6. Get organized - if your house is in a mess, you're more likely to forget things. Jot down tasks, declutter your home and note down appointments. Set aside a particular place at home to keep your keys, and limit distractions. Live by to-do lists, keep them upto date and check off the items you've completed. Physically writing down new information actually helps reinforce it.
7. Meditation is key - according to a 2015 study from the ucla brain mapping center, the brain starts to decline in your 20s and continues to decrease both in size and volume. Meditating regularly delays cognitive decline and prevents neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, alzheimer's and parkinson's. Meditation produces a positive charge in the brain's gray matter overtime, which is important for memory, learning and self-awareness. In addition, meditation has been shown to reduce stress, which can do a number on memory.
8. Stay mentally active - note: crossword puzzles and sudoku are your new best friend. Challenge your brain, take a different route to work, learn a new language, read a section of the newspaper you usually skip, do things out of the ordinary. Stay engaged, because mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape - and might even keep memory loss at bay. People who are cognitively active have better memory as they age, it's true. So quiz yourself, flex your brain and improve your memory power.
9. Balance your stress - chronic stress and depression, both contribute to memory loss and the destruction of brain cells. One of the best things you can do is to laugh. Yes, it's that simple. Laughter engaged multiple regions of the brain and simultaneously reduces stress. Social interaction also helps ward off depression and stress, so look for opportunities to get together with family, loved ones, friends and work colleagues. When you're invited to share a meal or attend an event, go!
10. Food for thought - did you know that the brain is an energy hungry organ? despite comprising only 2% of the body's weight, the brain gobbles up more than 20% of daily energy intake. So a healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your overall health, and eating right may in fact be more important than you think. After all, you are what you eat. The brain demands a constant supply of glucose which is obtained from recently eaten carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and greens. Because when the glucose level drops, it results in confused thinking. No, this does not give you the license to slurp on sugary drinks. Instead eat throughout the day to optimize brain power- not too much, not too little. Memory superfoods include antioxidant-rich, colorful fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains which protect your brain from harmful free radicals. Choose low-fat protein sources such as fish and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily since dehydration can lead to memory loss and confusion.
Vitamin c and b: vitamin c, found in citrus fruits, is associated with mental agility, whereas vitamin b is known to guard against age-related brain shrinkage and cognitive impairment. Load up on blackcurrants, fish, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, peanuts, sesame seeds and eggs to rev up your brain power.
Nuts and seeds: a handful of seeds and nuts may help improve your memory power significantly. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills. Sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin e, just sprinkle them on top of your salad to give your brain a boost. Even peanuts are packed with vitamin e, a potent antioxidant. Almonds and hazelnuts also help boost memory.
Berries: blueberries are the top source of substances called anthocyanins which are brain-boosting antioxidants. Eating blueberries daily can help combat against the onset of short term memory loss. Even strawberries, when consumed regularly can help delay age-related memory decline.
Green vegetables: broccoli, kale, collard greens, spinach - all green vegetables are full of iron, vitamin e, k and b9 (folate), and phytonutrients like vitamin c which are extremely important for brain cell development. Vitamin k is known to be helpful in cognitive enhancement and increasing mental alertness.
Avocados: enriched with vitamin e, avocados are loaded with antioxidants which help in keeping the brain healthy and alert. Creamy avocados are also associated with lowering the risk of alzheimer's.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which acts against brain cell degeneration and aids in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.
Whole grains: whole grains are considered to be the powerhouse of energy and help you focus better. On consuming fiber-rich whole grains, energy is released in the body in the form of sugar which assists the brain in functioning properly, keeping us alert.
Fish: omega-3 fatty acids as well as dha and epa are essential for healthy brain functioning as well as for healthy brain neurons. Include salmon, mackerel, tuna and other fish in your diet. Vegetarian? you can substitute with soybean oil and flaxseed oil.
Red wine: resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, predominantly present in red wine protects against cell damage and alzheimer's disease. So, consuming a glass of red wine a day may actually keep memory loss at bay.
I had gross hematuria last september and got cyst. CT scan etc. For past 10 months, having bloody semen with increasing frequency. What tests to get?
My period start 19 the of July and end on 25th of July. We had sex on 23 rd of July. We used protection but in the last condom left inside and some semen left in condone and some split out. Don't know it gets in or not. I have 30 days of cycle. My last period date was 18th of June. I want to know how much chance to get pregnant. I am worried because I want to get pregnant. please reply.
HELLO my last period was on 4 feb and i had sex on 23 and doctor confirmd me that i ovulate on 24 and today on 25 m filling dull frm morning and my nipples gets hard is it sign of preganncy i am expoecting my next period on 4th march
9 month running of my pregnancy. For few days I am suffering from cold & feel very weak. Does it harm my baby? What can I do. Suggest me.
She is 30 years old but anybody who sees her can not believe that she is 30 because her health is very weak. Before marriage she used some protein powder for health but after marriage she discontinue that. For this her health became very weak. please suggest me some medicine by which her health will become healthy forever.
Fruits are the best option for anyone who wants to stay heart healthy. Here are some reasons why you should choose fresh fruits for snack time:
• They are packed with natural sugar which helps elevate energy levels and keeps you active.• The fiber content in fruits is high and hence you feel full and lose excessive weight too.
• They are packed with vitamins c, d, k, a and e; all are great for overall health
• Eating fruits reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, and many other illnesses.
• You will look and feel younger with a diet rich in fruits
Consume fruits like strawberries, cherries, apples, pears, grapefruits, apricots, peaches, mangoes, bananas, grapes, watermelon and muskmelon.
Dear mam Mujhe abhi baccha nahi chaiya or meri wife ko 1 month ki pregnant ho chuki please tell me immediatley kon se medicine leni chaiye.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
I am 25 years old, student of BE Mechanical, I sleep everyday at 12pm and wake at morning 7am then I fresh, after I take my breakfast POHE only, then after one to two hour I am getting sleepy mood very strongly, this happens everyday, that's why I can't concentrate on my study, and I sleeped up to 12 to 1 pm, kindly tell me what is the reasons behind this SLEEPY matter, I hate this habit, and this problem will happened only in exam periods. Provide me medicine name or resolution. I don't have much money to go doctor and paid there consultant fees.
I have breast fibroadenoma since 3 yrs, I got surgery and took out two lumps from breast (right) but again within 1 years two lumps got sprouted. And I again visited doc so they told me to operate again but they doesn't take guarantee that it" ll not sprout up again, so in this case I told them is there any possible reason to uproot it but being only 28 years they disagreed to throw out the breast tissue and I am mum of one daughter. So, what to do doc please suggest me a suitable and fruitful advice?
ज्वार के फ़ायदे और औषधीय गुण
ज्वार एक मोटा अनाज है। ज्वार का रंग पीला, भूरा लाल व सफेद होता है। ज्वार कई सारे पोषक तत्व और फ़ाइबर से भरपूर होता है। इसीलिए इसके सेवन से वज़न घटाने में बहुत मदद मिलती है। अधिकतर लोग ज्वार को पीसकर उसका आटा बनवाते हैं। ज्वार का आटा प्रोटीन का एक अच्छा स्रोत है। जो हृदय और मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फ़ायदेमंद है। ज्वार के फ़ायदे बवासीर और घावों को भरने में भी कारगर हैं। गर्मियों में इसका सेवन शीतलता प्रदान करता है। तो ज्वार और ज्वार की रोटी को अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें।
ज्वार के फ़ायदे
1. पोषक तत्व
ज्वार में मिनरल, प्रोटीन, फ़ाइबर, पोटैशियम, फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम, आयरन और विटमिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स जैसे कई पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं।
2. दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए
दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए ज्वार के दानों का राख बनाकर मंजन करें। इस मंजन को करने से दांत का दर्द बंद हो जाता है तथा मसूढ़ों की सूजन भी समाप्त हो जाती है।
3. वज़न घटाने में मदद करें
ज्वार में बहुत सारा फ़ाइबर पाया जाता है। इसलिए इसे अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपका वज़न नही बढ़ता है और आप मोटापे से भी बचे रहते हैं।
4. कब्ज़ को दूर करें
अगर आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या है तो आज से ही आप अपने खाने में ज्वार की रोटी को शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या से निजात मिलता है।
5. शरीर की जलन को दूर करें
अगर शरीर में जलन हो रही हो तो ज्वार का आटा पानी में घोल लें और फिर इस घोल का लेप शरीर पर लगा लें। इससे जलन धीरे धीरे कम हो जाती है।
6. कील व मुहांसों को दूर करें
अक्सर लोग कील मुहांसों को लेकर बहुत परेशान हो जाते हैं। क्योंकि कील मुहांसों के कारण ख़ूबसूरती भी कुछ फ़ीकी पड़ जाती है। तो कील मुहांसों को दूर करने के लिए इस घरेलू उपाय को ज़रूर करें।
घरेलू उपाय – ज्वार के कच्चे दाने पीसकर उसमें थोड़ा कत्था व चूना मिलाकर कील व मुहांसों पर लगाए, इससे कील मुहांसे गायब हो जाएंगे।
7. पेट की जलन शांत करें
भुनी ज्वार बताशे के साथ खाने से पेट की जलन शांत हो जाती है।
8. मासिक धर्म के विकार को दूर करें
मासिक धर्म के दर्द या कोई अन्य समस्याओं में ज्वार के फ़ायदे होते हैं। ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम मात्रा में लेकर पानी के साथ सुबह के समय खाली पेट सेवन करें। इस उपाय को मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले करें और जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बन्द कर दें। इससे मासिक धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
9. प्यास अधिक लगने पर
अगर प्यास अधिक सताए तो गरमागरम ज्वार की रोटी बनाएं और इस रोटी को छाछ में भिगोकर खाने से प्यास कम लगती है।
ज्वार की रोटी कमज़ोर और वात पित्त के रोगी को न दें और अगर ज्वार की रोटी थोड़ी खाने को दे तो ज्वार के संग गुलकन्द मिलाकर दें। गुलकंद मिलाकर ज्वार की रोटी का सेवन करने से ज्वार के दोष दूर हो जाते हैं।