Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Peeyush KhannaYour feedback matters!
My daughter age 22 month she say papa one word only she can hear normally is she any problem to talking or she is normal I am worried about this please help me.
My daughter is nine months old. She doesn't take any food properly. She feels like vomiting n does vomit too. What should I do!
My son, 2.5 years old. His head circumstance is small about 40centimtrs. He understood every thinks what we say and he do every actions in corect time but he doesn't speak all words and sentens. Only some words he speak now eg mummy, daddy, water etc. And the main problem is noticed that some times he do some activities repeatedly. That is eg of he open the door then closed then open then closed again again and another he step down then up and down then up again and again. Doctor, I think his brain is not developed as his age. Any solution for this disease. Please share me details. So thank you.
I have a 8 years old daughter. She is a old case of atopic dermatitis. However between age 2-6 she had no problems. Now her IgE level is 1600. Her condition worsens when she catches cold, eats nuts, chips and chocolates. She responds only to topical steroids namely mometasone furoate. Which medicine can help reduce her IgE levels?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
Hi my son is 5 months old and his potty is continuously green from last two months after treatment only day he does yellow potty Potty is semi solid Dr. may I know what is the reason of it. Is it any infection. And his weight is normally increasing.
Hello, My daughter is 2.5 year and she has lot of hair on shoulder, arms, thighs, legs and back. The hair color is black so it's very much visible. I have tried besan massage, milk n bread and all home treatments but did not help. I am very much worried as she is loves to wear short and sleeveless clothes and as being female she will face problem when she grows up. Please help if I can do something in her early stage. Awaiting for early reply.
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10th APR-2016 with 1.96 KG with PRE-TERM (34 Weeks 6 days) and currently he is with weight of 3.8 Kg but he is continuously taking the FORMULA MILK (Similac Advance 1) only because my wife is not getting the breast milk like very rarely she can get breast milk and she is trying to give parallel but we are really worrying because as we are seeing through out the day he is feeding with formula milk only. Please suggest is there any harm? And what to do this conditions since if he is having hungry he will cry lot and after formula milk feeding he is OK. And he is more active like hitting through his legs and hands and keep on looking the persons and laughing and responding if we tell some thing. Suggest please for the further way forward. Thanking you in advance!
My son is 1 year old and his weight is just 8 kg, his birth weight was 3 kg, actually he had to left breastfeeding at 6 months due to the pregnancy of my wife, I agree that was a big mistake but I now want to increase the weight of my son so please suggest good healthy powders and tonic for his proper gain and growth. Thank you.
My son is four years old and is coughing for two months aftr medicine its reduced but again gets started need some permanent cure.
I'm taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5mg daily for the past 3-4 years. I'm undergoing psychiatric medications for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from Hypertension and have been prescribed Nebimac 5mg and Telma 40 for the past 6 months. Now my life is back on track and I have a good job in hand. But I feel that my life is going on just because of the medicines and fear for the worst when I stop taking medicines. I have had a talk with my doctor who said the dosage would be reduced gradually. What would you advise regarding this?
The child is female of 10 years old, is thin and lean. She is not putting up weight and very little interest in educational activities. She is very dull and not interested in any outdoor activities. She has fever with cough frequently and also complaining of loose stools many times.
My Daughter suffering from coughs and vomiting n she has fever as well kindly suggest us what we have to do now (Medicine available is crocin maxtra) thanks she is 3 n half year.
My new born baby is unable to take breast feeding. He is 17 days old. When he born oxyzen is not reached properly in his mind. So doctor take him in NICU for 15 days. The child come home from hospital. But he is unable to take mother breast feed. Please help me.
ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition characterized by an inability to concentrate and sustain attention. It is a biological problem of the brain.
Due to poor concentration the child feels bored easily and may become impulsive and appear to be mischievous
He may answer out of turn and will talk even when not spoken to.
He may have difficulty sitting at one place.
He maybe restless, fidgety and jumping about.
This will hamper his ability to remember things and may become forgetful and lose things.
This is something the child does not do on purpose and feels guilty and unhappy about, making the child feel low on self-esteem which may manifest as aggressive and rebellious behavior.
Tips for the teacher and parents
1. Keep the child close to her in the classroom
2. Keep the child away from the windows
3. Shower praise when he behaves appropriately.
4. Write important information down where the child can easily read and reference it
5.Divide big assignments into smaller ones, and allow children frequent breaks.
6. Incorporate Physical movement into classroom teaching.
7. Working with interruptions:
Reducing the interruptions of children with ADD/ADHD should be done carefully so that the child’s self-esteem is maintained, especially in front of others. Develop a “secret language” with the child with ADD/ADHD. You can use discreet gestures or words you have previously agreed upon to let the child know they are interrupting. Praise the child for interruption-free conversations.
8. Dealing with Impulsivity:
Give consequences immediately following misbehavior. Be specific in your explanation, making sure the child knows how they misbehaved.
Recognize good behavior out loud. Be specific in your praise, making sure the child knows what they did right.
Write the schedule for the day on the board or on a piece of paper and cross off each item as it is completed. Children with impulse problems may gain a sense of control and feel calmer when they know what to expect.
9. Dealing with Hyperactivity:
Ask children with ADD/ADHD to run an errand or do a task for you, even if it just means walking across the room to sharpen pencils or put books away.
Encourage the child to play a sport—or at least run around before and after school.
Provide a stress ball, small toy, or other object for the child to squeeze or play with discreetly at his or her seat.
Limit screen time in favor of time for movement. Your child will enjoy fast games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run.
Make sure a child with ADD/ADHD never misses recess or PT period.