Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Peeyush KhannaYour feedback matters!
My girl child of 7 month is having fever from last 3 days. Her temperature is not coming down from 102. Please suggest what to do?
A 2 year boy is suffering from cough and cold now we done a test we will find in a xray there is a infection in chest and the boy is find very week and unable to gain weight from 6 month .or nose s ruka hua cough nikalta hai.
Hello doctor. Am mother of 12 days old baby. And mine is cesarian section that to absorbable stitches. In that case can I have mangoes or does it effect my baby or my stitches. Please let me know. Thanking you.
My son is 4 month, due to insufficient of feeding, I give lactogen powder in 2 time a day, but the problem is his stool is so hard and it take 2to 3 day. Another problem is he take her first to mouth many time.
Mera one year 10 Months ka hai or is samay usako 103 Degree fever hai or usako crocin suspension 4 ml di thi lekin fever jyada nichey nhi aaya please btaye ki kitni ml deni chahiy mere paas is samay Nobel plus hai kya use de sakta hun or kitani. please help.
My daughter is 2.5 years old. Her birth weight was 1.990 kg. At the age of 9 months she got operated for p. D. A. Surgery at escorts, okhla. She is not having any health issue. She is very active but very thin. Around 10 kg in weight now. If she play more in day she got pain in kegs in night. What can I give her?
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
Could you please breifly explain that what type of vactinations/ injections should we give for newely born baby. If any drops are there to cure jaundice.
Bacho m jaldi jaldi flew like jukam kyo ho jata h jab tak treatment lite h tab tak thik rehete h treatment band hote hi phir bimar ho jate h.
I am 34 years old. My new born baby (male) 4 months old now but his ureter is very big found. And urine is retain. His bladder is small size. How can I do doctor.
It is very important to teach your child that nobody should be touching his/her private parts except the doctor or nurse for health-ups.
My son is six years old. Very active in sports but bit scared of competition especially losing. I have to tried to building his confidence. But yet not successful. We are maharashtra but his hindi is awesome. May be courtesy cartoon channels. He is good at studies but get scared or unconfined on English. I am little scared about his future. And feels he is lagging behind due to this. I know it's too Early to decide any thing. But still pls suggest me to improve the situation. Plsss.
My baby son is 7 months old. From last 3 months we observing one of his testicles are enlarging than other. I consulted with a pediatrician and the Dr. Told that it may'harnia' n may operate when he will grow up. But I would like to know how can it be curable without operate?
6 days ago my son started running nose. 2 days back he suffered with fever. That time gave him paracetamol 10 drops 2 times at the interval of 6 hrs. Fever stopped but he got cough. Please advice any cough syrup for him.
My baby boy is nine month old and since last two days he had red eyes infection, he rubs again and again eyes. White water drops down. What kind of home remedies may be used?
Sir, I have twins (Girl & Boy) born on 02.05. 2015. They are going to 6 month old. Now, they are taking breast Milk & Pro Nan 1. What change of food to them on 6 month old? What quantity & what type of food for them to start?
My 6 month old child have some problem in their lounge, i have touch some doctors and they provide medicine like candid mouth paints but there is no any improvement, please suggest me, thank u R.S.Choudhary 9771476142
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.