Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PediatricsYour feedback matters!
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.
My daughter aged 10 year is suffering from slow stomach pain since last one month. Her pain starts at morning and remain for 5 to 10 mins and similarly after taking lunch and dinner for 5 to 10 min. I have done ultrasound test and it was normal. But last three days she could not able to sleep and her stomach pain going continue. Please advise me what to do?
Helo doctor, Kindly tell you that my daughter is 4 months old and she has a problem of contamination. She takes more than 3 days to clear it. Please give some remedies for this solution.
I am suffering from dry cold since last month and also from cough. So tell me what should I do to release from cough.
My daughter is 5 years old and she gets cold very often. Now she is suffering from cold cough and fever. I consulted a physician but not yet get the remedy.
Mera beta 7 saal ka hai. Uska Dengue fever ho gaya hai. Hospital mein I C you mein admit hai. Lekin fever kami nahi ho raha hai aur PLATELETS bhi kami hoti ja rahi hai. Bilkul bhi aram nahi lag raha hai. Kya ye jaldi sahi ho jayega.
Mera beta 1 year ka hai. Uski neck par elergy si ho gayi hai. Doc ko dikhaya tha unhone kaha garmi ke daane hai. Ek powder bhi diya. Usse pehle th araam hua lekin dubara yahi problem ho gayi hai. What should I do.
My baby is 2 months old and has a swollen navel it is not painful nor sensitive is there any thing to worry.
Hello doctor, my baby is due for his 10th week vaccination. We were planning to give him the painful dose in the 6th week with pneumococcal as well as rotavirus vaccines. In a hurry I answered a yes for the painless one in the 6th week and have been feeling guilty since then. I wanted to switch to the painful one but 2-3 pediacs said it's better I don't. I wanted to know why is it so? Also wanted to know if the free vaccinations offered as per the NHM are safe or the ones given in private clinics are better? - concerned mother.
My baby is 1 year old but has no teeth still and has bow legs as well. She also has very less hair on her head .Her weight gain is also very slow .Now she is 1 year and 8 kg only. Is this any deficiency symptom?
My baby is 2.5 years old, he doesn't likes to eat or drink anything even milk also, thats why his weight losses day by day. He is just 7.5kg. How and which kind of food I should be give to him for better growth or development.
Hello, My son of 3 years old keeps falling ill twice a month And runs high fever so every time doctor suggest a course of antibiotic. Like azithral cefixime and zenflox. We recently did his cbc, ultrasound of abdomen, urin test and everything comes normal. Is taking so many medicines safe. Are there any health concerns in the long run. Should we introduce pediasure or any supplement.
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
I'm taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5mg daily for the past 3-4 years. I'm undergoing psychiatric medications for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from Hypertension and have been prescribed Nebimac 5mg and Telma 40 for the past 6 months. Now my life is back on track and I have a good job in hand. But I feel that my life is going on just because of the medicines and fear for the worst when I stop taking medicines. I have had a talk with my doctor who said the dosage would be reduced gradually. What would you advise regarding this?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.