Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.
Hi my baby has a blood infection caled streptococcus agalactia from the 3day of she was born, since then she is in nicu. Could anyone suggest if the treatment is for 14 days, we have done crp test which was 130 earlier and now it is 70 with lp test which is normal now (was these test required). Does she need to be still kept in nicu till 14th day.
What are the sings and symptoms of Kawasaki's syndrome and which age group of people more likely to get disease and what is the treatment for Kawasaki's syndrome?
My daughter is 6 month old. She got high fever. After doing blood test cpr was 104. After 3 days increase to 271. Then came to know that she has brain infection by CSF. Please advice what could be the reason for this ?
Hello sir I have child of 8 month old (7.5 kg) she don't eat properly. She want smthing new evry day please can you suggest me food chart for my baby?
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
Hello, can you please suggest me which is the best milk for my 3years old child? Cow Milk or Buffalo Milk?
1 year 3 month baby had a cardiac problem which is called (coa, had he spend his life normally after andrioscopy?
For 6 months baby ,the skin gets cracks and become reddish. We are already using pears soap but its not control, please suggest what will do. Which product we will use, that's not effects the skin colour.
My son 8 years old had earlier been diagnosed with Phimosis. Our paediatrician advised a cream to applied with which his skin started to retract (fucidin) and it seemed to have worked fine. However, his penis skin got stuck again after sometime which we corrected after applying the cream for sometime again. Now he has been advised to retract his skin regularly however in 1-2 instances his skin developed a cut which was painful to him while urinating. Is there some permanent solution to this problem. We don't want to go for a surgery as one of the leading hospital Doctor advised. Pl advise what is the best solution to this problem. Also to let you know, we came to know of this problem initially because he was facing issues during urinating. He was complaining of frequent urination with only few droplets. Though the problem was largely sorted out after his skin retraction, however he did complain once or twice on urinating issue but not recently.
My son (4 years) he has low platelet count how to increase count and how to improve neutrophil and decrease lymphocytes doctor said that ,he had Aplastic Anemia.
My 2 years old son eats only crispy things. He doesnt likes rice, suji or chapati, vegetables. He eats junk food like chips, biscuits etc. Please guide?
My son is 3.5 months old and from two days he is doing green and jelly type potty and he generally stools 5-6 times a day. Are these symptoms of stomach infection? If yes then please suggest medicine.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
Fluoride treatment is commonly given to children as their teeth are developing. If a child has a history of cavities or are at high risk of decay, he or she should use additional fluoride to promote remineralization. Often children get fluoride treatment done every six months for extra protection against cavities.
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://www.prudentdentalclinic.com