Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan Kumar ManglaYour feedback matters!
I have chest pain from past two months and in between I am getting fever also only in nights so can say me what I should do.
One of my relatives got hepatitis b .we attended him in the hospital .spent some time with him for about 20 days as we do not know the exact cause. He was admitted for heart failure. Do all our family members need to be vaccinated .if yes what is the name of vaccine and dosage. Thank u.
I'm 22 years old I am having suddenly having alcohol problems, I get rapid heartbeat, metallic taste in mouth, dizziness, red eyes after a drink, if I drink more these symptoms gets severe even vomiting. Please help me find a solution to this problem. I never had these kind of problems before.
I many times feel very low with bp I am 23 years old and weight 55 my bp is 60 /100 If I take medicine I feel like vomiting, I also facing lot of weakness in the body even my white gets more discharge I feel tired also very fast please suggest me what to do?
High Blood Pressure Causes
High blood pressure is many times a symptom of underlying disease. You can visualize heart as a pump which is pumping blood (viscous liquid) across the body. It supplies the brain where it pumps against gravity. Similarly it also receives the blood from the legs which is again against gravity. In this closed circulation the blood vessels allow the gases like oxygen and carbondioxide and some liquid to pass through the membrane along with nutrients and waste products to and from various tissues.
Blood pressure increases
1. The heart has to pump with higher intensity due to a blockage which restricts the blood supply to a critical organ including the brain and heart.
2. Blood vessels become narrow due to constriction or fat and calcified plaques deposited.
3. Certain hormones (Chemicals) secreted by the kidneys and other organs cause the blood vessels to contract.
4. Stress which releases enzymes that increase blood pressure.
5. Electrolytes like Sodium levels increase the osmotic pressure thereby increasing the volume of blood and thus blood pressure. It is mainly due to an underline endocrine disease.
Considering these five points we need to investigate understand and try to address the cause by symptomatically managing the blood pressure.
High blood pressure has multiple effects on to the body especially on small blood vessels which can burst (bleed) in brain, eyes and other organs. It also increases the risk of pushing a clot into the brain as well as damaging the blood vessel itself. The cholesterol and other lipids which circulate in the blood get pushed towards the walls of the vessel due to high blood pressure thereby increasing the risk of atherosclerosis.
In short high blood pressure is a serious entity needs to be addressed objectively.
I used to have chest-pain occasionally. They arise for small interval of time but they are pretty much painful. Once a week I experience it.
I am a 55 years old male with reasonable good health. I have my cholesterol on border line, I want to improve on this with some ayurvedic medicines, can you help? Also , daily when I get up, I feel lethargic and energy less, I do not feel fresh like as you get up from a good sleep, I do not have sugar problem, I have done all my clinical diagnosis.
Always my heart beat was very fast and my bp 140 I'm just 20 age I don't no why heart beat fast can I know why this happening what's the reason.
I am 17 year old teen. I am having low Blood Pressure can I eat breads and drink lemon juice to be normal?
I am having a minor heaviness in the chest recently while walking some 100 200 mtrs, Also feel weakness. I did angiography in 2013, and there was no any blockage and taking some medicines continuously. At that time my LV EF was 40%. Now it is around 27 to 30 shown in recent echo. Should I go for another angio gram or take some alternative medicines. Please advise.
I am 72 years old male and have gone through CABS and mitral valve repair about 3 yrs. Back I have to extract my broken wisdom tooth Pl let me know what precautions should I take. I am on following drugs atorfit10 clopidogrel and atorvastatin, amlog and seloken75. Mg please let me know what precautions should I take before and after the surgery.
I am 40 years old men last week I have done a lipid profile test that found s. Total cholesterol 219 mg/dl, s. Triglycerides 257 mg/dl and s. Ldl cholesterol 124.6 mg/dl, please suggest how to control choleserol my doctor suggested to start tablet - rosulip daily one. And suggest to take a stress test. I request the respected doctors please advise.
I'm diagnosed with diastolic dysfunction grade 1 with fast and irregular heart beat and extreme fatigue. My BP is under control but having violent palpitations. I have also too much productive cough. I have no swelling at any part of body. I can't walk in proper fashion. SOB with mild exertion irritated me. I am on beta blocker, calcium channel blocker and diuretic, but didn't find much relief. Please advise me. THANKS.
Hi, I am suffering from bad breath problem have not got any help any doctor ever since 15 years help.
I am suffering from hypertension, high BP 146/90, triglycerides 368 and high cholesterol Using olmesar 20, rosumac f and psychiatric medicine such as ventabplus and Mirza 7.5.Please tell.
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) should not be confused with stroke or heart failure. It is the condition which causes major damage to heart muscles because of sudden blockage by a blood clot. The most common symptom of heart attack happens to be chest pain. Heart failure and ventricular fibrillation are probably the most common complications in this condition.
Clear symptoms of heart attack are:
1. Feeling vaguely ill - very vague feeling of illness is one symptom. You cannot really put your finger on what is wrong with you, but you do feel unwell.
2. Pain in left arm - pain in the arm, mainly the left arm is also one of the symptoms of an impending heart attack.
3. Sweating and heartburn - a lot of people have reported experiencing sweating, indigestion and heartburn before a heart attack. If you are sweating profusely and without any particular reasons, or having an unbearable heartburn, consult a medical specialist immediately.
4. Chest pain - feeling of fullness or tightness in the chest followed by pain is also a symptom of a heart attack. A lot of people have reported to ignore it; kindly don't.
5. Breathlessness - sudden shortness of breath and inability to do a lot of work at one point of time is not a good thing. This could be an indication of a heart attack.
6. Silent attack - the scariest of all is silent heart attack. At times, it comes with no symptoms at all. A person could be visibly physically fit, and suddenly have an attack. This usually happens with those who are suffering from diabetes mellitus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.