Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Parvindar KhaurYour feedback matters!
What are different types of diseases that can happen when blood comes from right nose and right portion of head is in pain.
Hello my grandmother is around 82 since she came from ICU (20 days stay) she hasn't been able to swallow food and throws it. Out, what can we do? We called ENT check up at holy family but he refused to do any internal examination saying because of and her throat might be delicate :\. We are just putting on liquid diet.
Sinus disease leads to chronic illness reducing the productivity of life grossly for years. Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
Ear itching for a week followed by pain this week. The pain is bearable. Test shows she has sinus in ears. Kindly advice any home remedies.
My Nephew 5 yrs old, suffering from running nose, nasal congestion. He is allergic and often develops above symptoms. Your valuable advise is awaited.
Hi past 1 & 1/2 month before I have a slight dizzy sensation with imbalanced feel in some couple of times in the evening, like a 3 weeks before that dizziness & imbalanced feel is lasting for more times from morning to till night, particularly when I am in outside of home when in night times I walk or drive vision are not clear slightly like before (ex: glare vision. I gone for blood pressure, blood cholesterol, diabetic check according to doctor advice, but it is all normal, I don't know what the problem is, some of them saying its a inner ear problem, some saying it might be a problem in nerves by passing blood to brain. Can you please help me? for the accurate result. Fyi before that I used to drink alcohol daily smoking too. But I cut down alcohol intake when the problem starts.
Is there any Ayurvedic 100℅ cure for heavy snoring due to deviated septum? I'm a 57 years. No drinking/ no smoking normal. Please advise.
I am 25 year old female I am suffering from sinus problem from past 10 years. everyday I wake up and I start sneezing with watery eyes and itching in my eyes. I suffer from headache and sore throat, irritation in my ears. I tried homeopathy medicine but tired of eating them. I start taking Hyrax 25 because I feel some relief after having it. I can't do my house works, nor I am able to study properly. I can't even sleep with this running nose. And whenever I wake up I feel heavy head. Please tell me what to do?
My cold hasn't been going away for about 6 months now and causing tonsil problem. I have consulted many doctors and have taken many medicines but this cold isn't going away. Please help.
I have done two brain MRIs in the last 15 months and have been told by the doctors that due to combination of lacunar infarcts observed in the frontal lobe and mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus, has resulted in low blood flow to the brain. This is caused vertigo and there is no cure.
I am a 63 years old man. I have a problem of snoring every time I sleep. It disturbs me during sleep n I even have to get up sumtimes in the middle of d night with dry mouth. Please suggest a solution.
My mother is suffering from dizziness from last week .she has taken many medicines but not worked so pls tell me the medicines or home remedies to treat with this.
Causes, symptoms and preventions for Nasal Allergy
Hello! I am doctor Sunil Agarwal, senior ENT Consultant at Paras Hospital Gurgaon. I did my MBBS in MS from a prestigious college of Delhi that is Maulana Azad Medical College. I was serving in Lok Nayak hospital till 2008, and after 2008 I started my private practice in Gurgaon. Today, I am going to discuss with you about nasal allergies and nasal polyps. Basically, I should explain to you about nose and sinus first. The cheek bones and the forehead bones are hollow bones, they have got air containing cavities which are known as sinuses. Normally there is mucous production in these sinuses which helps in normal humidification of air which we breathe through the nose.
Allergy or sensitivity is basically because of weather change, or can be because of certain food items, dust, pollution, strong smells etc. It can lead on to excess mucous production in the sinuses or sneezing. Nasal allergies can be controlled effectively by medications like antihistamines and intranasal steroids which are very effective and without any serious side effects. But if nasal allergy is uncontrolled or if it is recurrent or prolonged it can lead to swelling of the lining of the sinuses which ultimately can lead on to the formation of polyps.
Polyps are abnormal soft tissue masses in the nose and sinuses. Once the nasal polyps are developed the medical treatment is not that effective, in that case we need to go in for endoscopic surgeries which remove these polyps or soft tissue masses effectively. Nowadays with the advancement in technologies in the endoscopic procedures these things are without any serious complications, there is not too much of pain or bleeding and the recovery time is very fast. Even certain brain or neurosurgical procedures like pituitary glands are done through these intranasal endoscopic procedures.So one should not take these cold and allergies lightly and one should go to his ENT specialist to get these treated so that the production and development of polyps can be prevented and surgeries can be avoided.
In case of any further queries regarding nasal polyps, allergies, or cold, you can contact me through Lybrate or you can consult in my clinic at Gurgaon, sector 15.
I am 31 years old. Mother of two. I have been facing the issue of earwax a lot .every time it happens I put waxolve. After using for few days I find my ears fine. Until it starts again. This time it has been little longer. I am tired of using waxxolve. This issue is there since my childhood.
Sir I m suffering throat infection. I had taken dose of antibiotic two times but could not get relief. Please suggest.
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?