Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParveshYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors, I have this tongue problem from a week like it has red lines normal spots surrounded by red lines and it pains a little when I bite it. No idea what it is! Please reply and tell if it is anything serious, how to cure it. I don't have any other symptoms. Some of the family members say its due to heat in the body. But I need experts advice thanks you.
Hello I am suffering from erectile dysfunction my age is 25 please prescribe me some medicine. Thank you.
I want to get rid of the sweat that comes on my face every 2 minutes. I can't even apply a cream on my face. Pls help me fix this prob!
Mai 25 saal ka hun aur 4 mahine se pet ki problem se pareshan hun. Latrine me chiknahat rehti hai aur pet saaf ni hota h jiski se uljhan rehti h.Pet me khich khich ki awaz ati h.Tight jeans me mai uncomfortable mehsoos karta hun. please name the disease I am suffering from.
Hello Doctors, I consulted a homeopathy doctor for trembling / shaking of legs & hands. He gave me tranquil tablets - SBL are they good for the my condition. Thanks
I am 23 year old and I have a serve headache from 3 days and I have backpain from long time what should I do?
My stool is not loose or tight. I feel very uneasy sometimes pls suggest me what to do my stomach looks very bigger all the time.
I am 26 years old, and having headache on every Monday, What could be reason, My working schedule is 5 days in week and sat and sun are off.
Whenever I am going for toilet, I am having pain in abdomen. I k ageing to toilet almost 3 times a day, please suggest.
My sister have a problem she is 28 years old female she using pacemaker, can she use mobile phones ?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.