Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parul PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year girl. I already suffering from pcod last 1 year. With this I have headache as well.help me
Hello Dr. I am under medication for thyroid and pcod for past 4 months, even after medication I didn't feel any difference. After medication for pcod I am getting my periods on time do I have any cure from this disease or I should be under medication for life long. Kindly reply me.
We are trying for a baby. There is a lot of itching when we do sex because of which we are not able to do. Trying since 3 months but no results. I get periods on time. 28 day cycle. I have little bit of white discharge in a day.
Hello doctor, I want to know about pregnancy, my husband and I had intercourse on 29 and 30 july 2016 my last period start date was 15 july 2016 and according to my regular mensuration cycle next date should be on 10th august 2016 bt till now I don't have periods we do not want a baby yet. Please tell me if there are chances of pregnancy or not.
I am 33 years old. Mai pregnant hona chahti hu. 1 baby h mera 7+ boy. 2 nd issue k liye tips de k kaise jaldi pregnant ho ne k chances honge. Kya karu weight 70 kg.
I had a trigger shot for ovulation. After 2 days I came to know that I am not ovulating. Can I ovulate after 5,6 or more days after trigger shot?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Hello, I am facing these below problems, Vaginal Dryness or Infections Painful Intercourse Anxiety Waking Up in Middle of Night Hot Flashes Recurring UTIs Stopping of Menses Incontinence Sagging Skin and Breasts Arthritis or Achy Joints Weak Bones and Muscle. Please help.
Guidelines for normal delivery
Hi friends my name is Deepa Sethia. I am attached as a consultant in Gynea and Obs, Sarvodaya, Sector 8, Faridabad. Today I am going to speak on topic ways to induce labor which can be done naturally or by medications.
The natural ways of induction of labor are like,
- they can be done by a simple walk to a climbing stairs.
- Exercise; they can induce labor, the gravity poses pressure on the cervix and that can result in the dilation of the cervix and ultimately the delivery.
- Next is the Evening Primrose oil; taking this oil orally or putting it into vagina can help in the dilation of the cervix, softening of the cervix and induction of the labor.
- Next is the Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a method in where in the stimulating certain sites in the skin can result in induction of labor. Because the pressure points they induce oxytocin in the body and then that can help in induction.
- Next is the nipple stimulation stimulating the nipples can result in an induction of labor.
Literature mentions the use of red raspberry leaf extract consuming this tea in Linda along with the evening with primrose oil can help in induction of labor. Then there are many medications that help in induction like oxytocin is the method by which the doctors use and in induce labor. Prostaglandin like servi prime gel is inserted into the cervix to help in induction. Then in hormonal methods are include putting a holy catheter into the cervix through the vagina and dilating the balloon end can help in induction. Induction of labor can be done either couple of weeks after the due date or it can be done three weeks prior to the due date. So the due date is an estimation of when a baby is stepping into this world.
These are the ways which are very essential for primary gravitas to know the time of the delivery.
So anything else required in this context you can contact me through lybrate or reach my clinic at Sarvodhya Health Clinic or the Gynae and Neurology Clinic, Sector 86. Thank you.
I'm a 21 years old girl have been missing period since last two months i'm very active in sex but I m not getting any symptomp of pregnancy neither postive hpt.
My friend have taken 2 emergency contraceptives in a month, she is 20 years of age. What will be the expected delay of the period?
Since 5 to 6 months. I feel pain in my left lower abdominal. Then I had gone for ultrasound in that report it has been write that, 2.6x1.4 cm cystic lesions with echogenic wall foci with comet tail artifacts seen within left ovary. please suggest me what should I do. Before starting my period I feel pain in my left abdominal. N sometime in my vagina also I feel little bit of pain. When I intercourse with my partner sometime i feel pain in vagina and in my abdominal but Just for few hours or 1-2 days. Know this time I am taking homeopathic medicine for my cystic lesions since 4 month. But I don't feel that it is giving me +ive result. please doc suggest me a good solution of all my problem with some medicine too. Please.
Just I have done pregnancy test frm a prega news 2 line show 1 of dark pink and. 1 of light pink What is this result I am. Not confirmed please suggest me aisa koi test jo blood test ho or confirmed result de.
She is my friend and she had sex with her boyfriend for uncountable times. And now she is afraid about her vaginal health in her future life. Will this affect her pregnancy after marriage or else will she get affected with infertility. Please help her with your best solutions.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old I had a miscarriage 10 days before. And now my bleeding has been stopped. And no pain lefts. Can I do sex now. And how much chances will there to conceive again.
While pregnant women undergo wide range of emotions throughout the nine months of pregnancy - elation, depression, anxiety, excitement and anticipation, men too experience a roller coaster of feelings. Men who are expecting a baby might be stressed due to things like financial responsibilities, relationships and work. Becoming a dad involves lot of change, often all at once. It can lead to stress in his pregnant partner. Unfortunately this can affect your baby's health and development as well.
Every women's body, mind, circumstances are different. It is hard to predict how she will be feeling at any given time. The best thing you can provide is unconditional love and support to her. Understand that there is no single "normal" pattern to what a women will feel as she progresses to pregnancy. Rapid hormonal changes makes her more emotional and you have to face it. The best is to notice her feeling and be patient.
Respect her and be there for her needs:
Building a baby is incredibly taxing on a women's body. The first and third trimester are particularly hard and exhaustive even in the most energetic women. This is your time to step up. The first trimester is an ideal time to begin learning and give the support that your partner needs. You should buy easy to wear clothes for her. The health and happiness of both mom and baby should be at the priority. Respect her body and emotional needs. If she is unable to eat certain food due to nausea, then you should also avoid those foods. You should avoid alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs.
In addition to her physical health, a women's emotional well-being and her mental health also pay important role in pregnancy care. As the hormonal level in her body increases, it makes her more irritable. Sometimes she is over joyed and excited and sometimes she is worried and fearsome as the delivery approaches. Recognise the pregnancy as a way to deepen your relationship with your partner and your new child.