Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Partibha Mukharji
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Partibha MukharjiYour feedback matters!
Is there any exercises or remedies to improve the eye sight completely that make me free of spectacles?
My eyelid and under eye is dark in color. Please suggest how to get rid of it. It's been for so many years.
My mother is 62 year old recently she have gone through cataract operation of her left eye and after operation doctor says that her eye is in good condition and operation is completely successful but my mother usually complains pain and piercing in her operated eye. We have consulted two doctor and both are saying that eye is fine and may be due to dryness can be the cause of this so can you suggest what is actual cause and treatment for this. She is feeling so discomfort in her eye.
Recently In my college eye test was conducted and my vision is 6/9.so what should I do to increase my vision without glasses. Is that possible that without glass I can have my vision 6/6.
I am suffering from eye dizziness. My spex number is 2. I have severe pain in forehead. I can not see computer or mobile phone clearly and in spex also I have no clear vision. Wht to do so that I can study and please suggest what to increase eyesight and vision?
Hi. My mother is diabetic ,and her blood sugar level is mostly high. Her vision is getting poor. What can be done as to maintain both her blood sugar level and healthy eyesight?
Sir meri me glucoma hai jiske karan meri eye week hai koi rosani increase krane ke liye bataye please.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
- A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
- Mucous surrounding the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Redness of the eyes
- A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
- Problems in wearing contact lenses
- Vision problems, especially while driving at night
- Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
- Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!