Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParmodYour feedback matters!
I have a baby boy of 18 months. From last 3 days blood is coming in his stool. I gave him milk of magnesia recommend by our doctor and now when it is stopped again he has potty issue and he pushes a lot and then blood comes in stool.
Rashes for heat in Chennai. I mean rashes like thing on face, I'm thinking they are for the heat. What can I do for the clear face.
On my nose corner side I have Little bit black skin how can I remove that? I use Mysore sandal and lifeboy.
I am 22 years old, I have problem of frackles from last 4 years and it's occurring all over my body. What should I do to remove and reduce it and I am also looking for the treatment so that it do not occur again.
I have dark circles worse dark circle from last 3 years. First they were are this much worse m I am 18 years old. What should I do.
Hi, I am a 46 years old female, and I have developed a lump on my left breast, is there any treatment in ayurveda for this without taking any medicines only by using oils? Thanks.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
Sir, when ever I go to my village I become dark my skin becomes darks please tell me some remedies to become fair forever.
When I was at 16 I have white skin face but now its becoming rough and black now im 18 im feeling sad when I look at my self in mirror can I get tip to make my face skin white.
Some brown marks are formed below lower lip, above chin its is dry, and paining When ever I pour water.
I have pimples, blemishes and sunspots over my face. My skin is oily. What should I do to get rid of all these? Suggest me any natural way.
There is a black vertical line running across my nose and is there a way to get rid of it. I don' t wear any glasses but still have this line.
A homemade, natural chemical peel helps you control the ingredients and avoid all the toxic elements of the store-bought versions.
Almost all of us have some scarring of some sort on our bodies. I have a scar on the inside of my arm from some barbed wire after falling off of a cow. (They do NOT like to be saddled, by the way!) I have another on my knee from rock climbing near the river. These aren’t large and they don’t bother my self esteem at all. However, scars like burns, perhaps on the neck or arms, or severe acne scars on the face can lead to low self esteem and even send people into hiding. This is where chemical peels can greatly benefit you.
I like to do a chemical peel once a month just to be sure there is nothing left behind on my skin after my normal beauty routine.
Natural Homemade Chemical Peel
You can go very mild with this recipe or go for a deeper peel with stronger acids. The variations are listed after the recipe.
1 small cucumber, seeded and pureed (about 1 cup)
1 package or 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin (find it here)
a few drops natural liquid meat tenderizer (find it here) OR ¼ tsp. powdered meat tenderizer (like this)
a dash of ground cinnamon (adding too much may irritate skin)
water if necessary
Place the cucumber inside a medium sized bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Add a little water if it doesn’t start to dissolve.
Sprinkle the meat tenderizer and cinnamon over the cucumber mixture and stir well to combine. The gelatin will dissolve and become pasty. Add water if you need to make it spreadable.
Spread this over your face and allow it to dry, 15-20 minutes.
When completely dry, start at the jaw line and slowly peel from your face. Rinse off any residue and follow with moisturizer if you wish.