Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma Saxena
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padma SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I am 33 years old and I am having dark circles under eyes. Plz suggest some tips to get rid out of it.Explain the reason behind it?
My father is 77 years old. On 15th. Of November he was operated for prostate which was 34 gms. In his biopsy we came to know about carcinoma of Gleason scale 4+3=7 after a month of waiting we got PSA of 9.372.Please let me know the prognosis of it's spreading to other parts and how much aggressive it can be. Earlier our Doctor suggested a 'Watchful Wait'in his case. I want to know is it alarming? He has diabetes which is controlled by Reclide tablet and for BP he takes Ciladuo (BD). Thanks.
There is no any glow on my face my face look so dull and dark m try so many products so please suggest me some cream or med.
Below my eyes dark spot is increasing what should I do for this. Any suggestions and medicated cream to apply please tell me.
The red, itchy rash on your scalp or body with dandruff-like flakes is actually caused due to seborrheic dermatitis. This skin disease’s resemblance the symptoms of dandruff, eczema, psoriasis or a skin allergy, that seborrheic dermatitis often goes undiagnosed. This is actually bad for your health, as the seborrheic dermatitis patches keep reappearing and get larger. Ayurveda and nature have solutions how to tackle this skin scourge and keep them controlled.
Seborrhea can occur on any part of your body as well as your scalp. It’s symptoms are yellowish flakes and oily scales along with reddened skin. This disease usually occurs on oily areas of your body, such as the face, side of the nose, upper chest and back. The affected skin also looks swollen and greasy. Since seborrheic dermatitis tends to occur in areas of heavy sebum or oil production, studies show that oily skin can be the cause of the disease. Other causes are yeast infection of the skin, and any disease that reduces your immunity like AIDS, or a condition that affects the nervous system like Parkinson’s disease.
Allopathic treatments for the disease are many and they do work, especially if your seborrheic dermatitis is mild. Doctors usually prescribe antifungal creams or medicated shampoos like ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, coal tar, and zinc pyrithione. These do control the symptoms for a while, but the symptoms tend to be back with a change of season. In more severe cases, you may also have to ingest corticosteroid medication to calm the inflammation that occurs due to this skin infection.
This usually prevents a flare-up. Ayurveda is the only therapy that treats seborrheic dermatitis from its roots. Seborrheic dermatitis is a disease that occurs due to the increase in Kapha and Vayu doshas inside your body and is known as Darunak in Ayurveda. Hence, Ayurvedic physicians recommend that you should avoid cold and dry weather, and certain foods to reduce the effects of these two doshas. Avoid too much salt, sour, cold items, curds, eggs and eat more bitter veggies. Oil treatments are very effective and so are certain panchakarma procedures like Abhyangam, Murdha thaila, Virechan, Nasyam are recommended under supervision. Marichyadi tailam is highly recommended for external application on the skin regularly.
Ayurveda also highly recommends the following herbs for controlling seborrheic dermatitis:
- Amla: An anti-oxidant that raises immunity levels to stop flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis.
- Giloy: A herb that heals inflammation, due to increased pitta levels in your body.
- Neem: This calms pitta. Wash the area affected by skin infection with neem infused water.
- Daru Harida: Another powerful healing herb that calms pitta.
- Mulethi: This regulates hormonal levels and prevents flare-ups.
Prevention is better than cure. Boost your body immunity by having healthy food and regular exercise. Hygiene and regular bath are equally important, to do wonders in keeping such skin infections at bay.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 24 years old female There is open pores on my face due to pimples and my skin is oily. Please tell me treatment options available for this problem.
If you have an oily skin, use alcohol-free, hydrating toner to remove dirt from the skin. Apply a little moisturizer as well.