Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
From past 6 month my face skin are very rough nd much of pimples came .and in face both side are seen little bit black .before that my skin too much fare give me some tips.
I'm too skinny. No matter how much I eat what I eat, I never build up physically. My face is like squeezed mango, and after I suffered from haepatitis'E' I never grow up, it was so difficult for me to regain my strength back after hap. E. Now tell me what should I do to get chubby cheeks and a healthy body not a skeleton body.
I recently came back from a beach vacation and guess my skin suffered sunburns. It pains when touched and has turned dark red at places. What could I do to soothe the skin and to remove the tan?
When I sit on the chair for long time there is swelling in my foot. I also face this problem when I wear slippers and walk for long time.
Hello doctor i'm using pandrem + cream to brighten my face skin and it works even I can brighten my skin as much I wish using this cream but the problem created by this cream is pimples on my face please advise me how can I brighten my skin removing pimples suggest me any medicine or cream to brighten and to remove pimples.
Hi Doctor, I am 26 (M). From last one year, I am facing the problem of dark circles under eyes. Is it treatable by home remedy. If yes, please advice the process. Thanks in Advance!
Sir my skin is dark n I have many dark circles so how can remove it n my skin was to oily face n many dark circles n I have pimples also so old tell me how to remove.
I have pimples and dark spots on my face. Does I have to use any ailments for the better recover from this. If so what ailment should I use. Respectfully.
My forehead and neck become darker compared to other body parts. This become worst if I exposed to sunlight. What is the reason for this?
Hello Doctor While I take fast food after few time begin scratch on all body and raised small bump. So advise me what is cure for it.
M getting married, next month n I have pores on my face what should I do to get rigid of it in one month, I have heard about products for pore minimizer,do they really work on it & if yes then which one is the best
I have a cut on my forehead just near to the eye brows which is near about 3-4 mm deep I taken tha first-aid. Will it required to go for stitches if it is yes then is it possible to remove mark of tha cut.
Using of kali Bron 30 and beriberis aquifolium Q for complexion improvement for long time will lead to any type of other health issue problem?
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.