Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P S ChwalaYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on my face I have used sone local creams it does not worked on me so what should I do?
Is there anyway to get rid of stitching scars on my forehead that I got during childhood. Please tell.
How can i. I improve complexion. And skin texture. I rarely go out in sun. But I do exercise evrdy evnvg.
Hi doc, 28 years old. I'm a home maker. I have a kid 3 years old. My height is 5.4 and half. I wanna know how much my weight should be a according to this height. N I reside near coastal near, how do I maintain my skin glowing n fresh. please help me.
Sir my skin was very oily and have a pimple problem sir please any solution in case sir please help me.
I Am using earth seaweed and papaya face pack . I feel like my face is boiling slightly when I applies the face pack. Why ? Is there any problem ?
Sir I want skin whitening treatment by injection gultax 500gs its is help full for me. My f4nd is also buy this. And this is osm.
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
4. People having abnormal skin pigmentation or facial warts must also not use chemical peels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.