Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. P P GanelYour feedback matters!
Kindly help me to come out from the addiction of viewing pron sites and mostly imagining sexual feelings in my mind even I saw any females on the way or I meet or I talk. I think I am very much attracted to the beauty of girls which makes me to scan and discover something from them instead to mingle free with a broad mind and clear heart. I lost my mother at my childhood and I cannot share this problem with my wife who loves me more. So I am in need for a good guidance to move with the ladies and have good friendly relationship for those who I meet and I am strictly want to get rid of from the sexual feelings and this is not quiting from my mind by occupying 90% percent of my thinkings. Hence I request you whether there is any tablets which reduces the sexual feelings and thoughts.
I am a 29 year old student. I have been suffering from PhD burnt out syndrome as I have been harassed sporadically by my boss. I started taking psychiatric medicine, but I need to have some alternate solution. Please suggest.
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.
I am a regular student and my weight has been a topic of stress for me since a few days. Since a very long time i'm trying to put on some weight. Tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Need some advice.
(1) If one starts medication for diabetes, is it true that he should continue it lifelong and should not leave it? (2) Roti or Rice (boiled) which is more harmful?(3) What are sugar free potatoes available in market? Can they ba taken safely?
Sir, I lost my school friends with my attitude that is I am unable to move closely with my college Friends also I am unable to concentrate on my studies due to my bad position at friends. I don't love my attitude not only that I am socially in active. I am unable to move closely with relatives. Daily I am degrading my self. Please suggest ways to build up my character.
For past 3-4 weeks I have been feeling down. I don't like to eat too much i'm always thinking about things that has nothing to do with the work I am doing. Sometimes out of nowhere my heartbeats starts going really fast I get trouble breathing my body starts to get hot and it's hard to come back to normal what is wrong with me as soon as I start thinking about my personal things I get this fast heart beats and weird sensation that I can't shake it off.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial.
From last 4-5 month I am become very emotional and start crying in alone when I am in depression. Reason is that I am thinking very much about my problems. I know it's not good to live in this way but I am trying a lot to cope up with it even meditation is not working. Tell me the way to live happily?
I have a question for my wife. She is 29 years old. She is under depression for the last 20 years.Her parents were fighting during her childhood. Later on at the age of 23 she got married with me.Here also she experienced a typical mother in law. She expects everybody should do the correct thing. She becomes wild once any body doesnot agree with her in turn harms herself. I have been forced not to talk with my family because she does not like them. What to do? please advise me.
If the threat of lung cancer and heart disease has not persuaded you to can the cigs, then sore gums probably won’t do the trick either. Just know that smoking not on;y aggravates gum disease, it can cause it in the first place. There is such a thing as nicotine stomatitis. It is an inflammation of the soft tissue of the mouth that comes from nicotine irritation.