Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. P K JainYour feedback matters!
I am suffering stomach pain about 2 weeks I take medicine but there was no any relief please give me a suitable medicine which I take.
My wife doesn't get mood in sex even in foreplay she says that she isn't getting mood for many times. For each and every small situation she thinks much and gets worried. She too has a migraine headache. Doesn't show much interest in sex. Low BP. Sometimes she uses sleeping pills. Suggest some tips. Her age is 23.
I am 27 years male. I take alcohol occasionally. But I am a foody. I do eat out a lot. Recently I got checked with ultrasound. I had fatty liver grade 2. Please suggest what to do?
I am 19 years old. I am having fungal infection on my arms and feet! I have seen bunch of doctors unable to heal it! Its really itchy and looks Like burn marks! Bit swell! Please help!
I am 19 year old male and are not sleeping at night. Then I am very thin during 3 months. Please suggest me,
I have heard that diabetics suffer silent heart attacks. But how can one diagnose that they have suffered one, or is there any pre-heart attack symptoms that a diabetic can understand or decipher ?
Constipation causes a lot of discomfort to children. A lot of factors are responsible for constipation among children.
Some of them are:
- Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
- Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
- Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
Treatment for constipation in children:
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar. The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
- Dietary Adjustment - Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.
- Stool softeners and laxatives - The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.