Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.K. GambhirYour feedback matters!
I'm working in a MNC even though my skin colour gets dull. I want to whiten my skin color naturally, can you please suggest me to get whitening my skin by home made solution.
I am 20 my lips are so dry and skins in it are peeling and white colour in center. What is the problem and how to solve it?
The damaging effects of the sun, old age and acne can leave your skin with wrinkles, unwanted marks and several other skin disorders. If you are seeking to reverse these skin conditions and get rid of minor facial flaws, then laser skin resurfacing could be the answer. Laser skin resurfacingis a cosmetic procedure, which helps in rejuvenation of the skin and removing wrinkles, spots, blemishes and scars. It’s a safe and convenient procedure and provides great results.
Also known as skin resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and laser peel, laser skin resurfacing works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells is also stimulated. Undertaking this procedure can make the skin look smooth and young.
During the procedure, a laser is utilized, which dissolves the molecular bonding of the damaged cells. This is continued, layer by layer, until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more even and the damaged skin layers are peeled off.Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your desired requirement. Different devices are used for laser skin resurfacing and thus, the procedure can be divided into several types. The procedure type depends on the type of laser used.
The different types of lasers used are:
- CO2 lasers: This procedure is the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin surface becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser restricts collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are also used in the basic stages of cancer treatment.
- Erbium lasers: Erbium lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. It is not so powerful as CO2 lasers, but the process is much more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is usually carried out in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation is less. The healing period is short. These lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
- Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other two laser treatment methods. This procedure is non-invasive and much fewer side effects are experienced. A patient has to undergo several sessions on this therapy for full rejuvenation of the skin.
When to consider this process?
- If you have wrinkles in your face, especially around the mouth and eyes, and sagging skin in the lower eyelid area.
- If your face has blotchiness and age spots.
- If you have irregular colour tones on your face
- If you have scars and leathery skin
What is achieved?
A laser skin resurfacing enhances your skin’s smoothness and tightness. All kinds of facial lines, wrinkles and scars can be removed. The overall texture of the skin also improves, which is relatively long-lasting. Skin growths like moles and warts can also be removed using this procedure. Any kind of scar resulting due to a previous surgery can also be eliminated permanently.There are different modes of this type of skin resurfacing, and you can avail the best one that fits your requirement.