Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niweda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NiwedaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 7 month pregnant and she have only 1 umbical single artery cord it harmful to baby or any other problems after birth please give ur suggestion.
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
My friend wife removed her uterus because of fibroid almost one year past but her wife dont get sex feeling when doing sex. How to bring back her sex feeling. Pls help my friend.
Hey is there any chances of getting fat after abortion from clear kit. And it's cause any harm in future?
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil
I have multiple fibroid uterus with one submucosal component. This fibroid is 28-12 mm. Can homeopathy cure this fibroid.
Imagine water flowing through a pipe or a tube that has a lot of things passing through it. It would definitely have a cleansing effect, don't you think? Now, apply the same rule to your stomach where the food is processed and broken into energy. When you drink water, it runs through it and cleanses it including the food debris that is stuck along the walls. Drinking water empty stomach is one of the most effective cleansing mechanisms. Further, Japanese are known to follow this ritual of drinking water empty stomach, that too immediately after they wake up.
Here are some other aspects of the drinking water empty stomach that you might want to consider:
- Drink about 600 mL water on an empty stomach in the morning, even before brushing.
- You can then brush and rinse your mouth, but do not eat anything for the next 45 minutes.
- Eat a good breakfast after 60 to 90 minutes.
- Again, do not eat anything after that for about 2 hours.
This is a regimen which should be followed religiously as it comes with multiple benefits, which are listed below
- Helps in flushing the excess: This is one of the best ways to clear the bowel. If you are having problems with bowel movement, try drinking water on an empty stomach and immediately you will be able to notice the change in your bowel movement. Needless to say, clearing out the bowel first thing in the morning is one of the healthiest habits to have.
- Food pipe cleanser: As food passes through the food pipe, there is a lot of debris along the walls. Drinking water flushes this debris out and leaves the food pipe walls clean and clear.
- Improves appetite: Drinking water on an empty stomach helps in clearing it, which makes way for a good appetite. Also, if your stomach is clear, you will automatically feel hungry and eat a good breakfast, which is considered as the best meal of the day.
- Prevents headache: Dehydration is one of the major cause of headaches, as the cells often crave for water in order to function properly. Drinking water, especially on an empty stomach, gives the cells their much-needed hydration, thereby preventing headaches.
- Detoxifying effect: Clearing out the bowel helps in releasing toxins from the body. Drinking water on an empty stomach improves the bowel clearing process in the morning, thus removes toxins from your body.
- Weight loss: If you need something to fill your stomach without having to add calories, drink up water. Drinking water empty stomach also improves metabolism and so helps in weight loss. Mixing lemon and honey to lukewarm water on an empty stomach can help reduce the waistline and will also keep you energized throughout the day.
- Skin care: Drinking water on an empty stomach is also beneficial for your skin as it reduces wrinkles, makes it look vibrant and also will clear skin pores.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!