Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NiwedaYour feedback matters!
I am sudha 32years old, I want to know the medicine prescribed for abortion, b'coz I already have 2 children. This is my third one which I do not want, its only 10 to 12 days missing my periods. Kindly sugest any medicine to intake which has no side effects.
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
I have been married for 1 year and 5 months now. We have been trying to conceive for last 2 months. My period is due on 3rd July. Usually, my stomach starts to hurt 2,3 days prior to my date. However, this time its been 10 days that I am experiencing an unusual pain in lower abdomen . My lower abdomen feels very heavy and I also feel a kind of pressure or thrust (which worsens as the day progresses). What could be the possible reasons for the condition ?
I had sex with my husband yesterday. And it was my 4th day of mensuration cycle. But I wasn't bleeding, then too we had a protected sex using condom. But after an hour I started bleeding for sometime then it got stopped. We both are sure that we had a protected sex and nothing went wrong .From Yesterday's night and today's morning I'm feeling weak. There is no pain in my stomach or near by part as well. I'm feeling like I'm getting faint .I also feel like my body is warm. Please advise .need your help.
My LMP is on 14 june. Now I missed my period. My lower abdomen had bloated. I want to know, on what date I should do UPT. And what is the early pregnancy symptoms.
I have herpes type 2 and I'm a female, my boyfriend is wanting to perform oral sex on me but I won't let him because I'm scared although I do want to and I miss it. We currently don't know if he has herpes. My doctor hasn't say much about oral sex but I would like some information do people who has.
When I went for sonography on 22nd dec, doctor said the expected date for delivery id 16th jan. On 12th of jan I felt pain in lower back & vagina and frequent urination was there. When I went for checkup Dr. said cervix in only 1 cm dilated. Since then I just have a severe backache. I dnt feel any severe pain near vagina as of earlier. How will I come to know that I am in active stage of labour? Is every thing normal? This is my first time to become mom.
I am 22 years old. Previously I used to have period for 4 days. Now I find that the flow occurs for 2 days and on the third day very little amount. I don't suffer from irregularities or pain or any other issues. Is this a matter of concern?
It is necessary that you detoxify your body after regular intervals because with detoxification, you not just remove the dangerous toxins from your body but also increase the vitality of your body.
In Ayurveda, all natural ingredients are used for detoxification. Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest is massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory.
- Abhyanga: It is a combination of long strokes and synchronized soothing that helps in re-storing balance, harmony and composure in the body. Your body is massaged with oil in seven different positions and the type of oil is chosen based on the body equilibrium. It stimulates healing at a micro-cellular level as the oils get absorbed in the intra-follicular and intra-dermal layers of the skin. It helps you to steer clear of tiredness and enhances immunity and sleep. It cures psychological imbalances and fosters flexibility in the joints and muscles, thus rendering softness to the skin glands.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Kati Vasti: This is a form of sudation therapy (procedure to induce sweat without the use of heat) that helps to ease lower back pain caused due to inter-vertebral inflammation. Vasti is two types Niruha vast that is vasti with medicated decotion and other is Anuvasana vasti that is vasti with medicated oil. Like other therapy vasti has also pretherapeutic and post therapeutic technique. Pretherapeutic includes snehana lubrication internally and externally and also swedana sweat therapy.these poorvakarma help in loosening and liquefying the toxins accumulated in cells and get collected in colon. After the application of herbal medicines this toxins collected in colon is eliminated out.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
Hello doctor, Good morning. I have a problem. Loose starch like liquid is coming from my vagina. I feel too much itching. I saw doctor 2 times. They prescribed vaginal tablet of candid. It will come with intervals. That means if one time came then it will remain almost 2 or 3 weeks. After that I feel okay. After that it will come after a month or 2 month. That much interval is there. Now again it came.In my memory it is the 5th or 6 the time in period of October 2015 - sep 2016. Please give me a solution. It affected my prayers, sex etc.
Me 6 month running pregnant hu ek month phle mere cervix me gap aa jane se Dr. ne usme stiches lagaye the aaj mujhe thodi blood spotting ho rahi h, Dr. ko bataya to Dr. ne kaha k membranes leakage ho raha h, baby k movement bararab aa rahe h, isse mere baby ko koi nuksaan to nhi hoga na pls help me, or mujhe kya care krni hogi ab. Plss help.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.