Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nitu AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Previous month my period was not clear means less bleeding and this time period is late and there is also blood clots . Is there any problem.
The food we eat needs to be digested properly. Digestion ki is prakriya ke dauraan hamare pet mein ek acid banta hai. But most of the times the quantity of this acid produced is more than it is required. This may cause khatte dakaar, which may lead to a burning sensation in the throat and chest, gas and fatigue.
Gale mein jalan ke aur bhi reasons ho sakte hain. Khaane se allergy, bacterial and viral infections and inflammation of the oesophagus kuch aise he reasons hain. Many a times, pain in throat is due to viral infections such as the common cold or flu which is accompanied by running nose, khaansi aur bukhar.
To deal with mild burning sensation in the throat, it is important to introduce a few lifestyle-related changes. Bazaar mein bhi medications uplabhd hain jo gale ki jalan se rahat dilati hain. This article explains some remedies to bring relief in case of gale ki jalan.
Self Help: Weight loss stomach par pressure kam karta hai and it also eases acid reflux. This, in turn, helps reduce burning sensation in throat. Lemon juice aur apple cider vinegar ko paani ke saath lene se bhi gale ko araam milta hain.
As a best practice, gale ki jalan se raahat paane ke liye aap choti meals frequently lein. Reduce alcohol, quit smoking, zyada masaledaar khane ko avoid karein aur khoob paani piyein.
- Baking soda: Adhe teaspoon baking soda ko ek glass paani mein mix karke peene se gale mein jalan kam hoti hai. Yeh humare stomach ke acid ko neutralize karta hai.
- Aloe vera: Khaana khaane se pehle ek cup of aloe vera juice peene se gale aur seene ki jalan se bacha jaa sakta hain. Yeh ek laxative ki tarah kaam karta hain and also brings relief in case of constipation.
- Throat sprays and lozenges: Chloraseptic spray has antibiotic and numbing properties. Yeh gale ke dard ko bhi kam karte hain aur infection ko bhi thik kar dete hain. Lozenges bazaar mein asaani se mil jaati hain and it helps soothe an irritated throat.
- Ayurvedic treatment: Raw amla gale ko araam deta hai aur acidity se rahat deta hai. Tulsi ke patte roz subah khaali pet khane se gas nai banti hai aur gale ki jalan mein araam milta hain. Gur is also an effective cure for the condition as it soothes the throat. Dhoodh mein haldi mila kar lena cures any type of throat infection and reduces pain.
I am 25 years old .I have one year old child nd hi depends on breast feed. After delivery my wait is put on so what can I do to reduce my weight My baby is also do breast feed.
My wife was worrying with a sensible illness, that is her left nipple edge was swollen with some pus secretion looks like a cancer tissue roughly. Even I am worrying a lot for her remedy solution. We have consulted a dermatologist recently about this problem, she had prescribed an ointment (mupirocin called morpy I. E I. P 2.0% w/w) but we found no change in that swelling and it was enlarging, our dermatologist suggested to consult a gynecologist in case if it not cured by that ointment. Please choose a remedy for this issue. We are expecting a hope for it from you.
Vulvodynia is a condition which causes severe pain in the opening (vulva) of the vagina without any apparent reason. The pain might be chronic in nature and can go on for years. Vulvodynia might affect your emotional health in the long-term and cause anxiety, depression and disrupted sleep patterns, if not treated immediately.
Doctors are still unsure regarding the exact causes of Vulvodynia. But there are few factors, which can increase your risks of suffering from this disorder:
- If you have a sensitive skin or have any past history of previous vaginal infections, you might be susceptible to vulvodynia.
- Vulvodynia might also be caused due to past injuries around the vulva.
- Sometimes, hormonal changes might also cause Vulvodynia.
- This disorder can also occur in women who have previously suffered from recurrent instances of sexual abuse.
The symptoms of Vulvodynia can be acute or chronic in nature with the pain being confined to one particular area or around the entire region.
The treatments for Vulvodynia aim at regulation of the symptoms. The most common treatments for Vulvodynia are:
- Your doctor might prescribe a specific dosage of steroids or antidepressants to get rid of the pain. Prescribed dosage of antihistamines might help to cure the itching sensation.
- You can apply a regulated amount of ‘Lidocaine’ ointment around the vulvar regions thirty minutes before sexual intercourse.
- You can also opt for pelvic floor therapies as they might provide relief from significant pain in the pelvic floor muscles resulting from vulvodynia.
- If the pain is centralized around a particular area, you might opt for vestibulectomy to remove the affected tissues and get rid of the pain.
The onset of winter lowers temperatures and also initiates the loss of moisture from your body due to dryness. In this season, your body requires more fluids to eliminate possibilities of chapped lips, acne, flaky skin and dry cough. So, to cope with the reduced moisture level of your body, the right amount of water intake is necessary.
How does your body lose water even when you sweat less?
Winter, unlike the other seasons of the year, is devoid of hot, sunny days, but that doesn’t mean that your body is free from water loss. Generally, heat generated by furnaces, heaters and fires are the reasons behind sweating in winter. Also, water leaves your body during winters through the steamy breath you exhale when exposed to lower temperatures.
What are the risks of drinking less water in winters?
Dehydration in winters can negatively affect your body, ranging from causing common cold or flu to serious issues like stroke. Moreover, when your body lacks hydration, you may experience bizarre appetite patterns. This is caused due to the fact that less fluid consumption results in lack of energy in the body. This leads your body towards utilising the available fat for energy, making you thirsty, which is often misunderstood as hunger.
So how much water should you drink on cold winter days?
The amount of water intake required in winter varies from person to person due to the difference in gender and physical activities performed by a person throughout the day. However, amount of water intake in winters may be approximated as follows:
1. For Men: 8 to 10 glasses of water consumption per day is ideal for men with normal activity levels
2. For Women: Commonly, women should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day to keep themselves healthy
3. For Men Who Workout: Men with a regular exercise regime should have a raised water consumption amount of 10 to 14 glasses every day
4. For Women Who Workout: Women who exercise daily should increase their water intake to 8 to 12 glasses each day
5. For Lactating Mothers: In case of lactating/breast feeding mothers, 7 to 10 glasses of water intake per day is considered to be ideal
Sticking to these many glasses a day during winters can prove to be difficult for people facing extreme climates; but there are certain things you can do to increase your water consumption.
How can you increase your water consumption?
There are numerous ways, which let you increase your water consumption during winters without directly drinking water. These are-
1. Include more water based fruits (watermelons, pineapples, grapes etc) and vegetables (radish, spinach, cauliflower etc) in your daily diet to hydrate your body
2. Train yourself to drink water all through your workout session by timing your water intake at regular intervals
3. Have a bowl of hot soup before your meals to increase your intake of water
4. Use a humidifier to inhale moist air instead of the dry air prevalent during winter
Water intake plays a vital role in the proper functioning of the human body and is as important in winter as in other seasons.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi. I am newly married. 1. We are planning to have baby. My wife periods is 3, 4, 5. How do I plan for that. 2. Also after intercourse night next day morning I feel very tired as if I lost lot of energy. 3. Should I take any medicine for have more time sex. 3. My wife use to do general fitness daily morning. Does it affect the progress of making her pregnant Please help.
I am a 24 year old girl, there is continuous pain in my lower abdominal, this pain increases very much after having sex. My vagina swollan and irritating itch. This last for 4-5 days post sexual intercourse. My pain during period time is much more than usual people.
Hi, How to get the pregnancy. I mean we need follow any diet. Somebody saying chicken is not good for Health. It will prevent the pregnancy. Is it true. Please suggest what are the foods good for Health and support to getting pregnancy. Thanks in Advance. Regards.
* dog bites should be taken seriously especially when it is a stray dog or an unvaccinated dog.
* children are, by far, the most common victims of dog bites and are far more likely to be severely injured.
* most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs.
* senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims.
* wash the wound with soap and running water as soon as possible.
* victims of bites by suspected rabid dogs should report immediately to the nearest health facility.
* it is absolutely necessary to follow up the wound cleansing with vaccination within a few hours after contact with a suspect rabid animal.
* to prevent rabies, four to five doses of anti-rabies vaccine are administered on the 0, 3, 7, 14 and 28 days of a bite.
* most human deaths occur in the absence of post-exposure prophylaxis.
* rabies is almost always fatal once the clinical symptoms appear.
I am 32 years old female trying for second baby its not working. Doctor says all reports abnormal. I went thru iui but it also did not work please suggest.
I missed my periods. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests. They came negative. Am I pregnant. If not what the cause of my delayed periods.
In the present day and age, everyone’s always in a hurry. This has increased the tendency of multitasking in most people, whether it’s at their workplace, at home or while eating.
Studies have indicated that completing a single task at a time scores over multitasking and the latter even has some scary after-effects. It’s been proven that multitasking can have a huge negative influence on your brain as well as your career. Read on to find out the three ways in which multitasking is actually doing you more harm than good.
1. Your IQ level is lowered due to multitasking
Studies have revealed that multitasking can slow down your responses and even lower your IQ. A study conducted by the University of London observed a group of adults who were regularly asked to multitask. The results showed a considerable decline in the IQ level of the participants and the effects of multitasking were equated with those experienced after smoking marijuana or remaining awake all night. It was also observed that the IQ drop among some of the men resulted in them achieving IQ scores that match that of an 8-year-old child.
2. Multitasking can harm your brain
A research conducted by the University of Sussex, UK, proved that multitasking can lower your brain density in the anterior cingulate cortex (the area responsible for your emotional and cognitive control). This study analysed the MRI scans of the brains of the participants while they were multitasking (like working with multiple electronic devices). In conclusion, the researchers found out that the processes going on in the human body while interacting with multiple devices at once affect the brain’s natural structure negatively, thus hampering your ability to make wise decisions.
3. Multitasking worsens your performance at work
Studies reveal that multitasking exposes your brain to multiple streams of electronic information at once, which drastically interferes with your capacities of paying attention and remembering details.
Organizing thoughts in a proper manner also becomes difficult for people who multitask. They often fail to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant data, and show slow responses when asked to switch from one task to another. Your brain has been designed to handle and focus on only one task as a time, so if you multitask it cannot perform the multiple tasks with the same efficiency and speed. As a result, the quality of work reduces and your productivity decreases to a large extent if this continues for a long time. Moreover, multitasking can have a negative impact on your overall performance at your workplace, which can adversely impact your career in the long run.
So, if you find yourself multitasking often due to lack of time or work pressure, don’t let it turn into a regular habit. This will not only keep the quality of your work intact, but will also save you from potential brain damage.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am not getting periods this month it's already 5 days delayed. Pls tel me any medicine name so that I will get periods immediately.
I am 25 years old my periods are irregular from stat some time 15 days late and some time perfect time or 2 to 3 months I had a baby girl 1. 5 years old she was born 2. 7 kg. Is this affect my second child.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
There are three stages of caring for an expecting mother: prenatal, intranatal, postnatal care. This is essential to ensure smooth pregnancy and labour and to keep the mother healthy after giving birth. This care is a combined effort between the doctor and the expectant couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are expecting an addition to your family.
Prenatal care from the moment you realize that you are pregnant, a woman must start taking extra care of her body. This reduces the risks in your pregnancy and at the time of labour. But even before planning a pregnancy, it is important that couples should consult with the doctor, in order to avoid any complications in future. Thus, you should ensure that regular check up not just during the pregnancy, but also before the pregnancy is equally important, so that your doctor can rule out complications arising due to factors, such as Thalassemia, Thyroid, Blood Sugar and PCOS, etc.
The main objectives of prenatal care are:
- To maintain the health of the mother
- Detect high risk cases
- Foresee complications and find ways to prevent them
- Reduce anxiety associated with delivery
Thus, an important part of prenatal care is to visit your gynaecologist regularly. These visits will be scheduled according to your age and stage of pregnancy. A few other points to keep in mind are:
- Stop smoking and stay away from passive smoking as well
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like insecticides etc.
- Ensure your vaccination is up to date
- Avoid x-rays
- Do not start or stop any medication without informing your doctor first
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly for half an hour daily
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Educate yourself about childbirth
Intranatal care refers to care given to the mother and baby at the time of delivery. The main objectives here are:
- Smooth delivery without injuring mother or baby
- Preventing complications
- Delivery resuscitation for the baby
There are a number of ways to deliver a baby and whatever you choose, you must ensure the presence of a doctor at your side, while delivering a baby. Your doctor will determine the position of the fetus and help you through your delivery.
Postnatal care is essential for 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. During this period, the mother goes through a number of physical and emotional changes and thus requires rest, nutrition and vaginal care. The main objectives here are:
- Prevent postpartum complications
- Restore mother to optimal health
- Ensure problem free breastfeeding
Sharing responsibility is essential for the health of the mother, after delivery. Get as much sleep as possible and pay attention to what you eat. Do not try and lose your pregnancy weight instantly. Schedule a checkup with your doctor six weeks after delivery to ensure your vagina has healed properly. Additionally abstain from intercourse at this time. With proper care, every stage of your pregnancy can be a beautiful experience.