Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niti Malik
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Niti MalikYour feedback matters!
It often happens that one or more tender areas inside your mouth make eating, drinking or talking painful. They might deprive you of a spicy meal or of the pleasure of drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Little sores (know more about the mouth sores) that come in the way of your otherwise content life are mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are white or yellow open sores with an itchy red ring around them. They can appear on your lips, at the base of gums, on the soft palate, at the sides of your tongue and in the hollows of your cheeks.
They are formed on non keratinized mouth tissues and can create a constant burning sensation. Ayurveda focuses to improve a person's health through a diet regime, the use of herbal compounds and through the implementation of health practices which are mostly unheard of. This traditional branch of medicine can prove to be very effective if tried out under the supervision of a reliable practitioner. It is because of its usefulness, governments of several countries across the world endorse researches in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
Take care of mouth ulcers in the following ways:
- Use a decoction of leaves: It is good to gargle with the liquor of a few kinds of leaves; certain leaves can relieve you of the burning sensation. Leaves of the guava tree or mehendi and aamla leaves can be boiled in combination with alum to extract a thick decoction. Washing your mouth repeatedly with this decoction will help you to treat ulcers.
- Remedy constipation: Constipation (know more, how to get relief from constipation) has been steadily associated with mouth ulcers. To remedy this problem one can take Triphala Choorna.
- Avoid anything piquant: Compromise on taste and turn away from hot and spicy food. Not having anything hot and peppery results in immediate relief. Tea, coffee, curd, pickles and even tobacco or alcohol should not be consumed during this period.
- Try Licorice: Chewing a piece of licorice can help you in getting rid of oral ulcers. Licorice is known to counter any kind of mouth decay. It also benefits the health of your teeth. When this is boiled in water, you can sip on to the resultant sweet drink and almost forget pain.
- Try Chebulic myrobalan: Chebulic myrobalan needs to be consumed in its powdered form. You can add honey to soften the powder. Use of this compound will surprise you with is effects.
- You may apply Irimedadi taila: Direct application of this oil on the ulcers can be of great use.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A loss of tooth or teeth is one of the biggest dental problems that someone can face. The irony is that people consider loss of teeth to be very insignificant. But in reality loss of teeth can lead to not only cosmetic problems, but also functional problems and an unstable chewing mechanism.
Loss of teeth can lead to many problems. Some of them are:
- Supra eruption of opposing teeth
- Compromised efficiency of chewing
- Adjacent teeth might drift into the space created by missing teeth
- Food tend to accumulate between teeth, which have moved
- Food accumulation also leads to periodontal disease and caries
- A lopsided chewing pattern as there is loss of equilibrium in the mechanism of chewing
- The extracted area might reveal a loss of bone height
- Problems of the temporomandibular joints, like closed bite and TMJ osteoarthritis
- The existing functional teeth might lead to problems due to overload
- There are increased chances of cheek biting due to collapse of the cheek in the missing space, thus leading to functional and cosmetic problems
- The frequency of tongue biting and ulceration might increase in the area of missing teeth or tooth
When missing teeth are replaced, one can easily restore the healthy look of the teeth and also prevent any other dental problems which are due to the missing teeth.
While replacement of the missing teeth it is of utmost importance that the equilibrium is maintained with the distribution of the forces caused by chewing. Care is also taken that the cosmetic outlook is also maintained in the treatment.
Ideally the teeth when extracted or lost should be immediately replaced. This is because the replacement prevents the bone resorption or bone loss in the area and also retains the good bone. But a drawback is that such an immediate replacement might lead to limitation. Immediate treatment is usually done with the help of implants which easily fit in the sockets created by extraction. But even for this an analysis of the bone and gum health is necessary, thus leading to only a few instances for such replacements. Other alternative is that immediate removable dentures can be prepared and these can be replaced once the gums of the area have healed. The time period for this is usually 3 months. If these need to be fixed permanently then a waiting period of 3 months is mandatory for the settling and healing of the gums and bone of the area.
The 3 basic ways of fixing missing teeth are through implants, fixed bridgework (bridges and crowns) and dentures, which can be removed.