Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ambala. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I think I am pregnant But not sure. So how to conform this. But sitting at home only without using pregnancy test kit? How to know the result. N if I am pregnant but I do not want the child now. So is their any medicine to take. To abort the child? What should I do. What are the SYMPTOMS of pregnancy? I do not want to go to doctor or hospital. I want to know all this at home only. N please suggest what to do. Bcoz I do not want the child now. What medicine or fruit to take for not getting the child now? please help.
- Diet poor in zinc - inadequate intake of zinc rich foods like meat, shell fish, liver gelatin, beans, rice, bread, cereals lentils etc.
- Strict vegetarians: their main foods are grains and legumes which are high in phytic acid and they hamper the absorption of zinc from the food.
- Malabsorption syndrome.
- Chron`s disease / ulcerative colitis.
- Chronic liver disease.
- Chronic renal disease.
- Sickle cell disease.
- Smoking and high alcohol consumption.
- Elderly are more prone to deficiency.
Sign and symptoms:
- Reduced appetite.
- Retarded growth.
- Atrophy (shrinkage) of sexual organs.
- Loss of hair.
- Repiratory tract infection.
- Keratosis (desquamation) of tongue.
- Skin affections.
- Cognitive impairment.
- Infertility- low sperm count.
- Delayed healing of wounds.
- Decreased taste acuity.
- Deficiency during pregnancy can cause abnormal labor and retarded fetal growth.
- Increased risk of infection.
Consume foods rich in zinc: zinc is present in wide variety of foods especially along with proteins. Vegetarian diet contains less zinc compared to meat based diet. Best sources of zinc are -
- Beef, crabmeat, oysters, lamb, pork, turkey, salmon, shellfish, chicken, clams, lobster, milk, yoghurt and cheese cheddar.
- Whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice, spinach, lentils, beans, lima beans, rye bread, peas and baked potatoes. Meat, eggs and seafood.
- Other sources of zinc are - green leafy vegetables, sea plants, japanese sea plants, yeast, nuts - cashews, almonds and peanuts, seeds - sesame and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are one of the concentrated sources of zinc in vegetarian food.
- Only 20% of the zinc present in diet is absorbed by our body, dietary fibers and phytic acid present in food inhibits absorption of zinc. Phytic acid and fiber are fond in foods like - bran, whole grain cereals, pulses and nuts.
- Cooking process can reduce the effects of phytic acid and fibers on the absorption of zinc.
- Ferment whole grains as enzymatic actions of yeast reduces the levels of phytic acid and thus absorption of zinc is adequate.
Hi I am 27 yrs old and 15 weeks pregnant for the first time. I've pain in my right leg (not always) it gets cured on its own and comes back almost every week. Is it normal?
12 days missed period I have check hcg strip in my home result negative . I do have fear about it.Please suggest
I am a 20 year old girl and am suffering white discharge Its coming every day. And its increasing I tried clozole v6 medicine for 3 days but the next day in noticed there is no relief for my discharge. It was again coming on the 4th day. So please help me to solve this problem.
Hi. I have started trying for baby now Just wanted to know about early pregnancy symptoms suffering from nasal congestion, stuffy nose, sore throat are these early pregnancy signs? I read somewhere these are the early pregnancy symptoms My last period was on 25 to 28 august.
I have pcos with hypothyroid and also fatty liver, facial hair growth, acne problem. I want to loose weight.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I have a little lump with redness in my breast. Now in period time. Its look like a pimple. My age is 20. My grandma passed away because of breast cancer. So that whenever lump coming I am worrying for that. Is it no need to worry about that? Can you tell me why this lumps are coming and how many days it can be there?
I am 19 years old. I had sex in august. Unprotected twice and protected once. After the protected sex I took a pill. My period ran late by a week. I drank coriander water for two days and on the fourth day I had my periods. The first two days it was normal and on the third day it ceased. Now I still did not get my period. I took three pregnancy tests and all say it is negative. What do I do?
Haiiii doctor. My wife she is 33 now we have one son 1 year and 4 Month old. Now my wife is pregnant (1 month) we take medicine for abortion yesterday 15.12. 2015. Now how many years she can not get pregnant. And is there any danger if she get pregnant after one year.
Hi, I'm 21 yrs old. Got married on 5 October. My last periods was on 24 October. We had been trying to conceive. and today as I woke up I found bleeding! What is that? Implantation bleeding? Or what? please help. Extremely nervous.
With an upsurge in the number of women suffering from dysfunctional reproductive systems and a myriad of gynecological problems, resulting in irregular periods, infertility and several other complications, it is of paramount importance to keep a record of the dates and duration of your monthly cycles. This is not only useful for future reference when you visit a gynecologist, but it also helps you to understand if there are delays in period or excess of bleeding in any particular month.
Why is tracking your menstrual cycles important?
Keeping a track of the menstrual cycles is a mandatory exercise for women who are thinking about pregnancy or those trying to avoid it. It is advisable to abstain from intercourse for a few days before and after the period, which is the prime time for ovulation. Keeping track of your periods gives you a clear indicator of whether you have become pregnant because delay in the menstrual onset implies pregnancy. The reverse is also true; if you are trying to get pregnant, conception is usually fruitful on these days of maximum ovulation, which you can easily calculate based on your well maintained menstrual record.
How should you go about keeping track of your menstruation?
While it not possible to note down every possible aspect of the menstruation in a notebook, the easiest way of maintaining a planner is to mark the first day of each period on the calendar. The difference between two consecutive periods will give you your cycle lengths.
In addition you can choose to make a note of how heavy the bleeding is, or if there are changes in mood and appetite on those days. You will then be well prepared for your next visit to the gynecologist.
I and my gf tried tried to have sex as she is a virgin i cud jst insert the head of penis n wen it cudn't happen we dropped the idea of sex but now she's missed her period by 2 days n still no signs of period the white liquid discharge that takes place b4 period is not happening plz help!
Hi I'm chandra, I'm 31 years old. I tried to conceive on my fertile days (12th to 16th day ), I was getting white discharge from day 11th to day 19th. Periods comes in 30 days. Today is 23rd day but I'm not getting any symptoms of pregnancy. Is this white discharge common? Kindly guide me, if this white discharge will affect our pregnancy planning?
I am 4 months pregnant. I am a teacher cud you please tell me is it feasible to travel fron home to college.
For maintaining the spinal cord in its correct alignment during pregnancy, women should actively involve themselves in pilates, yoga, water aerobics or physiotherapy.