Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala M HiraniYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female. I am pregnant and this s my first baby. I am first trimester. I have done my blood test.in blood test my thyroid level is 3.83. Is this normal? Please help me.
My name is dalia . And I am not getting my periods properly from last two months and I am not pregnant I have checked it . Periods are happening but not the way they are supposed to be blood flow which a girl is supposed to get at these times , blood is still coming but vert little of it.
Ayurveda has remedies that can help you control cholesterol and improve heart health.
Cholesterol is something that the body needs to build and maintain cellular health. Technically it is known as a lipid and is a fatty or wax-like material that circulates in the bloodstream.
There are two kinds of cholesterol, and you have probably already heard about them, but they are:
LDL - this is the "bad" cholesterol that can cling to arterial walls and create blockages that result in strokes and heart attacks.
HDL - this is the good type that is going to actually protect you from heart disease.
We get cholesterol from our foods, but our bodies can also make it too. Hence this leads to high levels of cholesterol in the arteries.
In ayurveda- certain herbs, ayurvedic treatments and remedies can lower high cholesterol. These are:
- Garlic: Garlic is the most common herb that is used in Indian cooking and no dish tastes the same without it. Having two to three garlic cloves a day can break down bad cholesterol and free it from the arterial walls.
- Coriander: This green herb adds freshness, flavour and colour to any meal. Coriander is a diuretic that will flush out waste and even excess cholesterol.
- Tulsi: Tulsi disintegrates cholesterol from the arteries and washes it from the body.
- Guggul : Guggul is a sap from the Mukul myrrh tree. There are several products made from Guggul that helps to reduce high cholesterol.
- Arjuna or Terminalia Arjuna: Arjuna’s white bark has medicinal properties that dissolve cholesterol from the arteries.
Says Dr. Sanjaykapoor, senior consultant orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Arthritis affects over 15% approximately 180 million people in india, which is higher than many well known diseases.
While much has been said about high incidence of diabetes, hypertension, cancer and hiv in india, recent studies suggest that osteoarthritis beats them all to claim the no. 1 slot among ailments in the country.
Contrary to the misconception that arthritis only impacts the elderly, this disorder is increasingly found in the younger population.
Age is not a factor for arthritis; it can affect young and old alike. Earlier, arthritis patients would be around 65 years or so, but now the younger lot in the age group of 40-45 yrs which is normally considered to be in their golden years are increasingly turning up for surgery.
Higher levels of stress coupled with modern day lifestyles are increasing incidence of arthritis.
The best way to beating arthritis is by staying active.
The key to arthritis management is finding balance between activities and rest-exercising, as too much may stress sensitive joints, while being too sedentary can cause stiffness and immobility.
Stretching and gentle movements such as yoga are easy on the joints and keep them fluid and supple.
Exercises such as riding a bike, swimming and water aerobics keep the heart healthy and muscles strong while putting too much pressure on the joints.
Low impact exercises allow you to work your muscles without stressing your joints. Stretching often increases muscle tone and can help boost the range of motion of your joints.
Just make sure you warm up your muscles and joints before stretching to avoid aggravating joint pain and strain your muscles. By varying activities and following a well-rounded exercise routine with variety can help to maintain strength and protect your joints. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce stress on your joints, especially weight bearing joints like your hips and knees.
In addition, this can slow down the wear on your joints during daily activities such as walking.
When you have experienced a joint injury, protecting that joint will lower the chances of developing arthritis later.
By taking care not to injure the joint again, you may also decrease the intensity of symptoms should arthritis develop later. Remember always listen to your body, stop exercising if you experience sharp pain and don't try to work through joint discomfort.
Find activities that are gentle on the body and take them at a comfortable pace.
Lastly but not the least, drinking enough water keeps the cartilage in joints lubricated so bones don't rub up against each other.
By eating foods rich in vitamin c and e and calcium, you'll help build a musculoskeletal system that can outlast degenerative conditions.
Dr. Sanjay kapoor (orthopedics & joint replacement surgeon)
My period cycle follows 28-30 days cycle. Never there is Ann shorter period cycle .can unprotected sex immediately after periods can cause pregnancy ?in 28-30 day cycle.
One of my friend had a miscarriage on April 20th at 6 weeks. She got her first period on may 24th. Her husband is in army, so wanted to know can she try now to get pregnant?
I am 27 years old female. I am not stressed. Neither I have any issues with my body or environment and I have done all my blood tests. There is no problems in it. But after a long time of foreplay I find no sexual arousal and orgasm. I am never wet during intercourse. What may be the reason. please help.
Sir. Daily I normally passed urine but today I got too much pain in the penis when I passed urine. I saw little bleeding came with urine at last when almost urine passing is finished. Sir why its happens and what treatment can I get. please sir help me.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
She had unprotected sex with her bf wht is the chance of getting pregnant if his bf had not release sperms and they had done sex after 10 days of periods.
I am 25 years old. my wife always licks and sucks my penis and drink my semen daily 3 times. Is it good. ?
I am a 31 year old male married to a 33 year old female. We are married for 1.6 years and have not been able to conceive. Recently we went to apollo for a check up and found that my wife is having the problem of endometriosis. The doctor did the laparoscopic surgery and told that it was successful. The doctor has given us 3 months for conception and after that advised IVF. Now it has been 2 and a half month, but my wife is not able to conceive. Please suggest what to do. The problem has created rippers in our relationship and we remain stressed all the time, please suggest your good ideas.
My wife delivered a baby 2 months ago. She is getting a lump in her left breast, can you please provide a solution on treating this?
Hi. I am having irregular mensrual cycle and I opted for ayurvedic treatment and I am advised to take patanjali stri rasayan vati and medohar vati. Now the question is when I look at the composition it says aerosil in the base. May I please request you to guide me if the medication is having any alcohol or spirit content in it as I cant have any alcohol or spirit in the medication that is why I didnt opt for homeopathy medicines.Please help.
So you thought the famous Lana Del Rey number was just one off musings of the artist!? Well, not quite. Many people suffer from what is called Seasonal Affective Disorder, feelings of depression with shortening of daytime and colder climate. Researchers have found Seasonal Affective Disorder can hit people living in countries near the equator, like India, in the reverse, i.e., onset of summer triggers depression symptoms.
Why do I experience Summertime Sadness?
Increasing heat, high levels of humidity and longer days are likely culprits for the summertime blues. Typically the sufferer experiences anxiety, loss of appetite, weight loss and disturbed sleep or limited sleep.
Here’s how to cope with Summertime Sadness
- Plan your summertime: When you know Summer months are approaching look back at the years gone-by and try remembering aspects of life that became difficult to handle, then. Next, think- how can you prevent those from occurring again, this Summer? Is it worthwhile considering a summer break and/or enrolling your children in some club to help you relax!? You will feel prepared to face the summer and summertime sadness if you plan your Summer in advance.
- Sleep well: Shorter nights, hot days, office, vacations, guests and other day-to-day activities all these can limit your quality sleep time. Not getting enough sleep can make you feel permanently fatigued and easily irritable. These feelings can easily turn into inexplicable sadness. So, come what may tuck yourself into bed same time, each night.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity can help keep feelings of sadness and depression at bay. Even if it is getting too hot for your day-to-day activities find alternatives to keep your body active and ward off depression. Consider going for a walk/jog early in the morning, buy summer membership in a local club where you can exercise in gym and/or hit the pool.
- Go slow on Dieting: Planning to kick off your summer with a frenzy of dieting and exercising in order to fit in your last summer wardrobe? Bad idea. Instead, exercise sensibly, eat moderately and keep your body well-hydrated. Failure to keep up with a highly demanding diet and exercise regimen will leave you more demoralized and worsen your blues. So, be wise and go slow.
- Plan your vacation carefully: Before blocking your plane tickets or loading up your car’s roof rack for that annual family vacation ask yourself: “Is this really what I want?” Or, is it an obligation you’re fulfilling to a relative? Will it make you happy? Or will it stretch your financial expenditure, dragging you behind at work and leave you stressed out?
You could consider alternatives, instead of taking a long vacation take several small weekend trips. Take time off and enjoy the comfort of your own home that you so painstakingly maintain.
Don’t get locked into a vacation that will not feel like a vacation.
- Don’t beat yourself up: Does seeing everyone else having a swell time during the holiday season make you feel “what’s wrong with me?” Try not to think that way. So much of misery rises from comparison between “where we are and where we think we ought to be.” So, stop assuming that you should be happy as it’s holiday-time and stop worrying about how you feel relative to others. Instead, try to zero in on what triggers your feelings of sadness and work on overcoming those.
- Think about Why?: If you struggle from Summertime sadness year after year you need to look deeper. Do you associate summer with a difficult time in the past- death of a loved one, or break-up of a relationship? Without even realizing it you may have started to associate summer with sadness- an association that gets stronger every summer that you spend depressed, sad and worried. If there indeed is some unhappy connection sorting it out could help break the pattern.
- Get Help: It is likely that several problems are piling up and weighing you down if your feelings of sadness are old and persistent and you can’t seem to find your way around those. Talking to a practicing counselor/therapist and/or signing up for brief interventional therapy will not only blunt the effects of depression but also aid in adoption of effective coping mechanisms as well as modifying your problematic behavior patterns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am a epilepsy Patient and gave birth to a handicapped premature child now again having seizures in pregnancy 2nd pregnancy 3 month of pregnancy bleeding and having seizure of epilepsy but Dr. says I'm fine my reports are normal then what's the problem.
Smoking is a die hard habit and many people eventually die of the same. It remains one of the most common causes of cancer and lung diseases, which eventually lead to death. The irony is that almost all smokers know the harmful effects, but find it hard to quit.
With a firm determination, there are people who quit, but then the relapse rate is quite high too.
- Many believe that quitting requires a behavioural change. From peer pressure to a lifestyle habit, smoking is a social phenomenon. There are various methods to help quit smoking like quitting cold turkey and nicotine substitutes. Hypnosis is also gaining popularity as a method to help quit smoking. Research has shown an encouraging success rate in the range of 30 to 40% in cases where the desire and commitment to quit are high. This of course is with people who have strong will and are able to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis or hypnotherapy is a psychological technique used as supplemental therapy in a lot of cases, such as weight loss, depression, speech disorders, pain management, de-addiction; the list can be quite long. It puts the person undergoing therapy into a deep sleep or trance, where they get in touch with themselves and find answers to a lot of questions. It is believed that while hypnosis puts a person to sleep, it also induces a higher level of cognition and a higher level of neurological activity.
- During the actual session, the smoker is asked to imagine the numerous ill effects of smoking and the need to reduce its harmful effects on the body. This improves the willpower to quit smoking and reduces the desire. They are also advised of the benefits of quitting smoking, including longevity of life and better quality of life. The person is told that quitting smoking before 50 years of age gives a 50% chance of increasing the lifespan by 15 years. Now that is quite motivating for a lot of smokers to give up the habit.
- It generally takes about 4 full sessions of hypnotherapy to reach a level where the patient is ready to kick the habits. Also, self hypnosis can be taught where the person can go into hypnosis on his own and enforce smoking cessation. There are even self hypnosis tapes that are available for aid.
However, a word of caution here, hypnosis is not for everybody as not everybody can be hypnotized easily and there has to be a strong belief that it will benefit, only then can smoking cessation be tried with hypnosis. It is still in the testing phase and is to be medically proven as a way to quit smoking.
Related Tip: "7 Dangerous Changes That Smoking Causes To Your Skin"