Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirja MalikYour feedback matters!
I have missed my periods this month n after checking I have come to knw I am pregnant result was very light on the kit what should b done n some care n precautions. Last year I hve conceived but in 1n half month I have miscarriage this time I dnt want such thing to happen with me please help I wnna continue my pregnancy.
Sir, if a girls previous period starts on 18.10.16 and her sept. month period date is 12.09.16 then what will be her next period date approximately? She had an unprotected sex on 15.11.16 and within 10 hours she took I pill then is there any chance of her pregnancy? Please please tell me.
I am planning to conceive. My doctor has recommended Normoz twice a day. I am diabetic n already on Galvus met 50/1000. Is it safe to take these medicines together.
Iam in 12th week of pregnancy and had a cesarian in my first pregnancy. Is it safe to use mtp kit to abort the child.
Hiii last nyt I had sex with my boyfriend he just bite on my breast very hardly. And now its paining very hard and my nipples hav been turned black. So tell me what to do. And what should I apply.
I am 29 yrs old, married last year in march, i am having pcod problem, will I get any problem in conceiving, I want to conceive soon.
Hi doc. i am 36 years old female. Weight 106. Height 5" 8. Two years back uterus enlargement came in us. I took homeo treatment for six months. Later uterus was back in normal shape. Now the issue is periods which is very heavy and full of clots. I went to the gyne also. My all test were normal only thyroid was there for that am taking 50mg empty stomach. When ever I get tense or in stress bleeding starts with heavy clots. Am working. Very difficult to cope with my day to day life. Please help.
All diabetic patients who fast should be aware of certain facts if they fast during Ramzan, he further added.
All patients with diabetes should consult with their family physician regarding the Ramzan fast and learn the warning symptoms.
Type 2 diabetes will be controlled by diet and may require no special precautions.
Patients at risk of diabetes should avoid overeating to prevent post meal high blood pressure, after the predawn and/or sunset meal.
The exercise program for patients with diabetes on diet control should be modified to avoid lower blood sugar level. Exercise should be done 2 hours after the sunset meal.
Food restriction and dehydration may cause some cardiac risk in the elderly.
The choice of drugs in diabetes may require consultation with a doctor. Drugs that act by increasing the production of insulin are to be preferred. Some patients on metformin may fast safely with minimal complications. However, two-thirds of the total daily dose should be given just before the sunset meal and rest one-third before the predawn meal. Patients on pioglitazone may require no change in dose. Patients on sulfonylureas may require medical clearance before commencing fast.
Insulin dose also needs to be modified during the fast. Usually two doses of insulin, one before each meal, are sufficient.
If the blood sugar falls below 60, then the fast should be immediately broken.
Fast should also be broken if blood sugar rises to more than 300.
Patients should avoid fasting on sick days.
Should I and my partner go to blood test before having sex? Because this will make us aware about transmitted diseases. Ex:- HIV. Is this right? And any other alternate option that will give 100% security for having Sex with partner.
I am 21/F and have a problem of irregular menstruation since i was 15. How much ever i workout my weight keeps on increasing and i weigh 100kgs right now! currently, on my gyno's advice, i am on OCP- ovral g, i get my periods with it but as soon as i leave it, to test any improvements, i again stop getting my periods! my weight and my periods are a huge issue for me now. Pls help!
We are married for 8 months. We are having unprotected sex. Have not conceived yet. Recently she has been consulted with a doctors. USG done. Normal found. Prescribed iron. Vitamin tablets. Still not conceiving. Help.what should we do. Should we wait?
Hymen may be lacerated by disease, injury, medical examination, sex etc. Someone told me that finger break hymen and it hurts a bit and if you don't feel pain while using finger than its a sign that you don't have the hymen. Is it true? Is it a fact? And if that girl is virgin and never have any accident, disease, medical examination or any other factor which can be the reason of missing hymen so is it normal to don't have a hymen?
The festival of colours is here. Along with fond memories of Gulal, rain dancing, pichkaris and bhang, if you have repeated nightmares of skin and eye allergies or other serious problems due to the colours, this article’s for you.
Why you need to avoid synthetic colours
Recent studies have found safety issues with all three forms in which the Holi colors are produced: pastes, dry colours and water colours. The various ingredients found in synthetic colours like lead oxide (black), mercury sulphide (red), aluminium bromide (silver), copper sulphate (green), Prussian blue have been known to cause various health problems ranging from dermatitis (skin becoming red and blotchy), eye allergies, skin problems and even temporary blindness.
What kind of colours should you use?
Natural is best! Make the colours at home, like they used to in the good old days. Mix the following natural colour producing ingredients by making a paste and mixing with besan or gramflour:
- henna, palak (green)
- turmeric, marigold flowers (yellow)
- red hibiscus flowers, tomatoes, beetroot, kumkum (red)
- tea leaves (brown)
- You can also buy organic/herbal colours to play safe this Holi.
Tips to protect your hair and skin from synthetic colours:
Hair: After playing Holi, you might have noticed that your hair becomes very dry, frizzy and brittle. To avoid this, Massage your hair well from scalp to hair tips with coconut, olive or castor oil. This oil gives your hair a protective covering and shields it from harmful chemicals, dust and dirt. This will help the colours come off easily later, Try and cover your hair with a bandana or cap to decrease contact with colours.
Skin: Wear clothes that cover a lot of your skin, Cover the skin on your face, arms, legs etc with copious amounts of olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil or mustard oil, Use a waterproof sunscreen (SPF 30 and above), Cover your lips with a thick coat of Vaseline or lip balm.
Other potential dangers of Holi:
- If you are a known asthmatic or suffer from severe dust allergy, it is advisable not to venture out to play Holi with colours, especially the dry variety.
- If you wear contact lenses, do remove them before going out to play holi. If someone is spraying coloured water on your face, close your eyes.
- Bhang, the official drink for Holi, when consumed in large quantities can lead to effects like increased blood pressure and heart rate, psychosis. Never consume it on an empty stomach and do not mix it with alcohol.
It may appear counterintuitive, but including a little bit of sweets in your meal could help you stop gaining unhealthy weight new research suggests. Eating sweet food causes the brain to form a memory of a meal and this memory can help you better control eating habits, the researchers explained.
Neurons in the dorsa hippocampus, the part of the brain that is critical for episodic memory are activated by consuming sweets. Episodic memory is the autobiographical events experienced at a particular time and place.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Related Tip: Almond vs. Walnuts - Which nut is best for you??