Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nikita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I and my partner had unprotected sex. Can she get pregnant from my pre-ejaculation? I didn't ejaculate into her. It is her 18th day of menstrual cycle.
I am 28 years, and 6 weeks pregnant. It is unplanned and I don't want it. What should I do now to get rid of this pregnancy without any involvement of future risk.
Sir ,Is there chance to make pregnancy after taken of I pills twice. I lover taken two times it after sex with .we want children's so please guide which medicines we suppose to use for my lover .please advise me.
After fingering My vagina is sore and feels like my insides are coming out. I am scared please help.
Burning urination or painful urination is also called dysuria, and it is one of the most common complaints amongst women. Another common problem is frequent urination. What are the causes of these two conditions? Are they in fact related?
Frequent urination, in simple terms, is also sometimes called overactive bladder and it is the need to urinate more than you normally would. This can cause loss of bladder control too. You may feel extremely full even after using the toilet and the feeling is extremely uncomfortable. Medical practitioners bracket urinating every two hours or more as frequent urination.
Some of the underlying causes are
- A urinary tract infection or UTI is the most common cause of frequent urination. UTIs happen when bacteria enters your urinary bladder through the urethra. Men also get UTIs, but it is less common than women as the ladies have shorter urethras. This means that bacteria have less distance to travel before they can infect the urinary tract causing UTIs. UTIs in women can be prevented by proper wiping after using the toilet, which will protect the urethra from E.coli bacteria. Proper hygiene also is a deterrent, especially after intercourse.
- Medical conditions affecting muscles, nerves, and tissues. Weakening of nerves due to hernias in the lower back etc. can also cause an overactive bladder.
- Oestrogen deficiency caused due to menopause can cause an overactive bladder and a woman finds it difficult to hold the urine for long.
- Obesity can also place extra pressure on the bladder.
Burning sensation while urinating
Common reasons behind it
- Frequent urination does not point to any gynaecological issues but burning urination is a common symptom of sexually transmitted diseases or STDs like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea which cause symptoms like pain when urinating and vaginal discharge. Burning urination usually occurs after intercourse when sexually transmitted infections are present.
- Burning while urination can also be caused due to UTIs and it is often accompanied by other symptoms of UTIs like painful urination or dysuria or blood in the urine.
- Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalized calcium or other materials that start in the kidneys but can pass through the urinary tract causing pain and discomfort.
- Urethral stricture is a condition when the urethra narrows and this causes burning and pain during urination in women.
- Urethritis is the inflammation of the urethra in women can cause burning on urination.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease is an infection of the reproductive organs in women and causes abdominal pain especially during urination or sex.
- Bladder cancer
- Vulvovaginitis is a common infection of the vulva and vagina, both, and it causes burning and itching while urinating and increased vaginal discharge.
My period is due on 19th August. And I had sex with my husband on 28th July. When can I check whether I am pregnant or not.
Hi Doctors, My sister is carrying now and it is 7th month for her. After Delivery mothers get stretch marks on their stomach, right. So, I would like to know if we can prevent/reduce the marks if possible. Can anyone please suggest something?
I have done sex on 7 November and her period was ended at 4 November only so at a time I ejaculate into her but I have given her ipill in 1 hour and other after 24 hours that was unwanted 72 her period days is of 25 days so next date is around 7 December but I read on many articles that within a 10 days period will occur after taking a pill and I have given her 2 pills still no progress so we both are tensed give us necessary guidance.
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are:
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
I have irregular periods every months this has become a big problem in my daily life and my boy frnd is asking gor sex during my periods it is very painful .he dosent use any safety also and says to drink his semen can I do that or may I become pregnant.
Hello, I am DR Vaishali Sharma. I am practising as a consultant Gynaecologist in South Delhi.
If you have any problem in conceiving naturally, then when to consult a gynaecologist. You should know that if your age is below 30-35 years then you can try naturally for one year. But if you are coming close to 35 years then I think that 6 months of natural conception is enough because you should not waste much time after the age of 35 years.
What are the options to increase the chance of pregnancy?
- The best thing is that you should go for Pre- conceptional counselling. But if you are not doing so then you should know that the best chance of conception is during the mid cycle, that is, if you have a cycle of 28-30 days then the best time for pregnancy is 10-16 days after your cycle. The number of days we are calculating here are from the 1st day of the cycle. So, this is the best time from which you can calculate naturally.
- The other thing is the kit that is available in the market to know what is the time of Ovulation, that is when the egg is released. So, these are the very commonly available in the market. YOu should use them from the 10th day of the cycle and then you have to use them daily, preferably in the afternoon period and you have to do the urine test yourself. If you find the two dark lines on it, that means you will be ovulating.
- Then if you find that you will not be able to conceive from these methods then you should go the nearby gynaecologist. She may advise you basic investigation from basic workup. For example a blood test, semen analysis and so on. And if the basic investigation area coming normal, then you are advised to have medicines. These medicines are roughly for 5 days. This is called Ovulation Induction. They basically increase the chances of ovulation and egg release. So, this thing you can try for 3-4 months but this has to be done under the guidance of Gynaecologist. We advise them to take 5 tablets during their periods. We call them from the 9th day of their cycle and perform an ultrasound to see whether the eggs are formed or not. Once the eggs are there and the appreciable size of 18mm is attained, then we give the injection to release the eggs. After this, we tell the patients that this is an appropriate time to try the conception. This way if the couple is not able to conceive within 6-8 months, then we advise them to go for either the injections, which will help in the formation of eggs.
- Or we advise them to go for IUI (Intrauterine Insemination). One most important point is that before suggesting IUI to the patient, the tubal testing is a must. That is usually advised HSG and SSG. In this way, we show that both the tubes are patent. In case there is a problem in semen or there is some problem with the male like the premature ejaculation or difficulty in performing. In such cases, we advise the patient to visit an endocrinologist. And the final option we give them is IUI. Through this, 50% of the patients are able to conceive in 6 months and another 50% of the patients are able to conceive in another 6 months. The cumulative success rate is come out to be around 75%.
- In case the patient is not able to conceive after injections and IUI then we usually advise them to go for Laparoscopy treatment. This is a diagnostic and therapeutic option because, in this, the woman has to get admitted to the hospital and we directly look through the Laparoscope, that is camera through which we are able to know if the tubes are blocked, any difference in the location, a relationship between the ovaries and the tubes. In this way, we are able to detect and correct it. It is a painless procedure and the woman has to admit in the hospital for 8 hours. THis is minor operation in which 2-3 stitches are there. BUt this is mandatory before proceeding further. After doing laparoscopy we are going to tell patients that the tubes are open and you can continue with the Ovulation induction and IUI. In that way, you will have the chances of pregnancy. And even after the Laparoscopic surgery, the tubes are blocked, then we suggest our patients for the IVF that is the test tube baby. If the tubes are blocked then IUI will not be helpful.
- IVF surgery is also advisable when the female partner is close to the age of 40 or so. After the age of 35 years, the quality of the eggs in the female ovary will decline sharply. So, sometimes the IVF is suggested directly to the patients in case ovarian reserves are poor.
- In case IVF test tube baby is advisable, then we have lot many options.
So, if you want to take an appointment, you can visit me at Asian clinic in GK-1 or you can consult me through Lybrate for the audio and the video call consultations.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I got married recently. While trying to have the very first intercourse with my husband, I got pain and the penis entered slightly inside vagina. Now I am very much afraid to have full insertion of penis inside my vaginas but I have become very much anxious to do so. Please suggest a comfortable method of continuing intercourse. Thanks and looking forward to hearing your suggestion.
In periods time I have so much stomach pain I can not control my self in that time I got motions and wamthings. Y it happens to me?
I had unprotected sex took ipill 8 hours after sex can I be pregnant? My cycle is of 23 days and I had sex on 6th day of my cycle means only 1 day after my Menes cycle got over.
Hi I am married. 24 years old. I am having diabetic. I am planing for pregnancy. One of my friend told me to follow the PALEO DIET for weight management & diabetic. PALEO DIET IS 100% True or fake. Please tell me. But my friend follow this diet reduced 7 kgs weight and reduced the blood sugar level also. But I do not know its true or fake (paleo diet)
I am 17. I had unprotected sex just next day after my periods ended but took an ipill within 3 hours. After 5 days I had dark bleeding like light periods which continued for 3 days. Since I took the pill my vagina smells very foul I want to know if it is side effect of the pill or its an infection? How can I get rid of smell? And there are any chances of pregnancy?
Am I fat ? Am i underweight..? What's normal weight ?
These are a few questions that always keep crossing our mind and for a few it causes lot of stress. There is an easy way to measure your body fat sitting at home by simply following two simple steps that will help you find out if you are underweight, or in normal limits- or overweight.
The Body Mass Index is a measure of the body weight relative to height that is associated with body fat and health risk. The equation is: BMI = body weight in kilograms/height in meters squared.
For an example if your height is 5ft- 4" ( 164 cm) and weight is 58 kgs.
BMI = 58/ 1.64x 1.64= 21.5kg/m2
Normal BMI range is used globally is varied from the one used for Indians. According to WHO:
Less than 18.5 - Under weight
18.5-24.9 - Normal
25.0- 29.9- Overweight
30.0 and above- Obese
The following are common definitions of BMI thresholds (used for Indians):.
BMI limit for Indians is:
Less than 18.4 - Underweight,
18.5 - 22.9 - Normal
23 - 24.9 - Overweight
More than 25 - Obese
Another measure used to analyze your body fat is known as waist circumference.
Here by using a measuring tape you need to measure you waist circumference right in the center.
Waist circumference is 90 cm for Indian men and 80 cm for Indian women.
Waist- to- Hip Ratio:
Another simplest measure used to calculate fatness of the body is known as waist- to- hip ratio, a relationship between waist circumference and hip circumference. This can be easily done at home. Once you have known you waist circumference, find out your hip circumference. Divide your waist circumference by hip circumference; this would give you waist- to- hip- ratio.
Normal range for women- waist to hip ratio is 0.8 or less, if higher than 1.0 - it indicates you are overweight. Similarly for men if ratio is 0.9 or less then it is considered as safe, if higher than 1.0 it indicates you are overweight.
So know your weight and take best measures to keep it in limits.
If you have a higher BMI, waist circumference or a waist- to- hip ratio, it is best that you consult a nutrition expert to understand your dietary habits and recommend a suitable diet plan as per your needs. You can also visit the obesity clinic at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon.