Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Niketa SonavaneYour feedback matters!
I am having many pimples on my face as I am also using face wash twice a day so what I can do to prevent it?
I am suffering from jock itching. 1 year earlier I was suffering from fungal infection and I even consulted a skin specialist but now i'm again feeling itching. What should I do?
Why does my hair loss under 25 years. Please tell the solution of this disease. And whats treatment is like for distance sight eyes problems.
5 Years ago, I came to this place, after 2 years my face and neck skin became so dark, due to the sun. It burnt my skin, how to get my original face colour back?
I am 33 years old. I have brown patch on my face that occurred after using fucidin Hoon aergic skin area because of applying black colour skin tape .i applying any tube having hydroquinone doesn't help me. Also my work requires me to go all time in sun doing marketing hence my face colour has become darker. Suggest me some really effective home remedy for lighting my skin colour. I am whitish. But due to sun exposure I look too dark now. I'm unable to apply lemon. I have sensitive and combination skin. Also suggest me effective remedy for treating dark under eyes. One dermatologist suggested me ROC under eye cream but bcoz its expensive I can't afford so suggest me some other under eye cream having same salt if its effective. Suggest me remedy for all 3 things asked about starting from remedy and tube medicine for brown patch on one cheek of the face as it looks horrible.
My inner thighs are itching only one side no rashes. Previously suffered with same doctor suggested terbicip 10 mg cream it cured ,can I use same cream again?
Dear Doctors. I am 23 year old, I am student. I looks like 30 + because of hair fall problem. I am suffering from my intense hair fall. Its looks like between type IV and V of Bald in Men. I am feeling so shy to go out side and talking with my peers. I have been using Minoxidil solution - 5 % and now using 10% for last 4 years but now I feel no progress. I also have hair follicles because of using Minoxidil, for this I used Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone Lotion, but hair follicle reoccurs after 5 to 7 days when stop medication. I feel itching on scalp, sensation under skin membrane, so use LCZ from 2012 and Now I take I have sticky dandruff, so use DANCLEAR shampoo (Ketocanazle+Zinc Pyrithione +Aloe Vera Gel). My skin is oily especially forehead, nose and chin. It secrete excess sebum, which create acneiform some time. I also uses saslic DS face wash. But I do not get desire result so far. Please help me and prescribe me something effective medicines, and how Can I get back my lost hairs which is very important?, Hair transplant is the last solution or Do I need some other medicines, Is there any alternate treatment possible?, in Homeopathy, Ayurveda.
I have black spots on my face like pimples. It looks so ugly. What should I do for it? I need a good treatment.
Boils are a bacterial infection that inflames the hair follicles. They are usually painful and filled with pus. Boils appear as red lumps and quickly fill with pus as days go by. They eventually rupture and drain. A cluster of boils at the same place or in patches is known as a carbuncle. In case a single boil makes an appearance in any part of the body, it should not rupture as it can quickly spread the infection in other parts of the body as well.
Boils mainly occur in areas such as armpits, thighs, face, neck and buttocks. Their appearance mainly occurs in places covered with hair and tends to sweat a lot. Some of the common symptoms include red bump the size of a pea, reddish appearance of the skin near the bump, increase in size of the structure and eventually rupturing.
When to consult a doctor?
A doctor must be visited when there is more than one boil in a particular area. Some other areas of concern include:
If the size of a boil is more than 5 centimetres.
If the boil causes fever.
If the boil doesn’t heal in more than a couple of weeks.
If the boils increase in size and become extremely painful.
If the boil appears on the face.
Risk Factors of Boils:
Boils are caused by a bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus. They get entry to the skin where it is broken. Some of the common risk factors of this infection include diabetes, long-term infection, weakened immune system and other skin infection such as eczema, and acne.
A doctor is likely to diagnose boils just by having a look at it. In the case of any confusion, he might send the sample to a pathology lab for the purpose of testing. It is most likely to happen when the boil isn’t responding to any treatment. In case the boil becomes resistant to standard treatment, a doctor might take a different course of action.
Boils can be treated at home itself with a warm compressor. It not only relieves pain but helps in natural damage. If the boil doesn’t go away, a dermatologist must be consulted. On consultation, the dermatologist can make an incision in the infected area in order to drain the pus. For deep infections, the pus is drained with the help of sterile gauze. In case the boil is severe in nature, a doctor prescribes antibiotics to heal the infected area. For prevention, it should be ensured that the hand is washed frequently and especially so before a meal. The wound should be covered at all times and personal belongings should not be shared.
Have a drastic hair fall since last one year. A year before that my crown was full grown with nice silky hair. This is post delivery. I did hair colouring but for 2 years nothing went wrong ,but now I can c lot of hair fall and its thinning too. I have cut it short as it's become very thin. It's almost reduced it by half. Please advice Right now I am not under any medication. But I do apply hair colour as my hair is grey. But since last 4 months I have stopped colouring and using henna for my grey hair.
Lupus is an inflammatory disease that is chronic in nature. It occurs when your tissues and organs are attacked by your body's own immunity system. The inflammation that this disease causes can affect the other parts of your body as well, like the joints, kidneys, skin, brain etc. It is often difficult to diagnose because it lacks distinct symptoms. However, one of the most identifiable symptoms of lupus is a ring-shaped rash on the face.
Lupus can be caused by a number of factors like:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Susceptibility towards infections
- Certain anti-seizure, blood pressure and antibiotic medicines
The symptoms are neither distinct nor regular. However, some common symptoms could be-
- Fatigue and fever
- Pain in the joints, stiffness and swelling
- Ring-shaped facial rash
- Skin lesions on exposure to the sun
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
What else can lupus lead to?
Several complications may arise if lupus is left untreated. Some of them are-
- Kidney damage and failure
- Hallucination, seizures, strokes and several other problems associated with the brain and the central nervous system
- Anemia, blood clotting, vasculitis etc.
- Increased susceptibility to pneumonia
- Increased risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases
Lupus is a significantly dangerous disease and medical help should be immediately sought if you think that you have symptoms associated with it. Treatment depends on the signs and symptoms of individual patients.
Hello doctor. I m 26 years old. I have pigmentation on my face. And my skin is very sensitive. I usually get red acne on cheeks. I have taken allopathy and homoeopathy treatment. Medicine taken- kojic Acid hydro quinone meladerm I found very adverse effect of these. Such as red sports and itching.. Dark brown sports appear highest when I go through very hectic schedule and during MC dates. Please suggest me the best and safe treatment. If possible please suggest me oral suspension. Thank you.
I am 27 year old male with 5feet 11 inch height and 90 kg weight. About 7 year ago I had 2-3 white hair but gradually year after year they start increasing and now the 30-40? hairs above my ears are white. I have taken prescription from good dermatologist for more than 6 months but they are unable to reverse the graying of my hair. Please tell me what prescription I should taketake and what changes in diet I should do to prevent further graying of hair. And tell me if there is anything which can reverse graying of hair.
I am syed kounain abbbas rizvi aged 22. My beard and mustache hairs are turning red and my hairs are turning white and I did not used any type of chemical and creams to turn my color of hair. So, what can I do to regain my original black color hair? Waiting for your reply.
My lips are getting so dark. Can you plzz suggest me the way for my lips? Which kind of lipstick and lipcare should I use?
I am a 28 years old female. Mere hair bahut thin ho gaye hai or white bhi ho gaye h forehead per to hair bilkul kaam ho gaye h. Hair fall or white hair se mein bahot pareshan hu please koi upaye bataye.
Hiii sir I am suffering from skin disease for a 4 years ago to till know please give me a solution for that please sir I am waiting for your reply sir thank you sir.
Iam Umavenkat age 24 i've pimple spots on my face and small permanent pimples on face I think they are filled with acne they are on face since few months. I want a solution for this and I need my face to be free from spots and pimples. Please provide me necessary medicines or creams for the same.
Acne could be a real headache for normal skin. It not only ruins your face, but is also tough to get rid of. The condition is characterized usually by red pimples or blackheads and occurs due to infected or inflamed sebaceous glands. If you are skeptical about using chemical products, here is list of acne related treatments with alternative medicines:
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar has multiple qualities. It can dry up the excess oil present in the face thereby ensuring that the bacteria cannot feed upon it. Its alkaline property helps the skin's pH to come down to an accepted level. Last, but not the least, apple cider vinegar directly attacks the acne causing bacteria and eradicates them from within. This pack is easy to prepare and can be applied multiple times a day.
- Honey and cinnamon combo: Cinnamon possesses antimicrobial properties and attacks acne right from the word go. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural cleanser which helps to drive out the acne from your face. The pack is prepared by mixing 2 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of cinnamon. Before applying it on the face, it has to be ensured that the face is rinsed well with water. Owing to the pack's sticky nature, it should not be left on the face for more than 15 minutes.
- Milk and honey paste: There is a wide misconception about milk causing acne. Unless injected inside the skin, milk actually improves the skin tone and limits acne outbreak. It also helps in reducing skin irritation and redness. Honey has antibacterial properties and fights acne. The pack is prepared by adding 1 spoon of honey and 1 spoon of milk and applied on the face for no more than 10 - 15 minutes. The mask can be washed off with warm water and by lightly rubbing the skin in circular motion.
- White portion of the egg: The white portion of the egg has unaccountable benefits. Being rich in protein, it helps to fight acne and reduces blemishes of the skin. The vitamin present in the white portion combat acne and soak up excess oil present in the skin. This pack should be applied for 15 minutes followed by a thorough face wash with lukewarm water.
- Mashed papaya: Papaya ingredients are found in almost all beauty products these days. Raw papaya is a great remedy for acne problems though. Papaya also helps to remove excess fat from the skin and eradicates dead skin. It contains an enzyme called Papain, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It also restricts pus formation in the skin. Papaya can be mashed evenly and applied on the face for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with plain water. This pack can be tried three or four times a week to see visible changes in the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.