Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 Years old male. I was having hairfall on a regular basis and I am Staying in Pune, For that particular reason I clean shaved my hair still then I Can see a layer dandruff in my scalp. What should I do to get Dandruff free, Strong and Dense hair. Home made remedies will be good for me.
I am 25 years old and my height is 5'3' my total weight is 40 kgs. I want to gain weight, trying since 1 year, but I m still same. I pure vegetarian. Please tell me, what should be my eating chart? Ya I feel like nausea when I eat.
Hi I have pain in my neck from last 6 to 7 days. Actually I used to work on laptop for hours. Suggest me some exercise and diet to get recover from this.
Sir, I have terrific joint pen in my right knee ,even I can't walk ,I am housewife so ,going near doctor is not a easy task for me kindly provide me some medicines I have arthritis pain.
I have ulcers in my mouth for more than 3days and it pains a log so I need some kind of fast remedy for it.
My sex problem and My skin problem my problem 12 years old my wife same problem I hope my problem clear thanks.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition, the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life-threatening and the severity depends on the cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
It is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory Infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunized against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
If release of sperm daily what happens, age 22. I have hair fall and more dandruff. Please give a solution.
Being overweight doesn't stop you from getting pregnant but if not managed properly, the excess kilos can have quite a few side effects. Amongst these are an increased risk to infections, gestational diabetes, labor issues and premature birth. Losing weight in the first and last trimester is normal as long as the weight loss is not drastic. Here are a few simple tips to help manage weight during pregnancy effectively.
1. Eat frequent, small meals
Pregnant women are often advised to eat for two. Instead of piling food onto a plate three times a day, break your meals down into smaller bites at more frequent intervals. Eating every two hours is a healthy habit to inculcate. Along with helping maintain portion sizes, this also makes digestion more comfortable.
2. Avoid empty calories
When faced with a choice between fruits and chips, choose the former. Pregnancy cravings are normal but eating a tub of ice cream does not give your body or your baby any nutrition and only lead to unnecessary weight gain. Avoid anything with added sugar and solid fat like soft drinks, fried food, cheese and desserts. These can easily be replaced by fresh juices, nuts, yogurt and fruit sorbets. Also try avoiding caffeine.
3. Drink plenty of water
Apart from preventing dehydration, drinking water also helps in weight maintenance. Filling your stomach with water reduces hunger and thus leads to lesser snacking. Water is also known to increase metabolism.
Regulating your food intake is only one half of weight maintenance. The second half is regular exercise. Consult your doctor to create a workout regime suited to you. If you were a regular gym enthusiast before pregnancy, there should be no reason to stop now but if you lead a sedentary life before pregnancy don't try and start an intensive gym routine. Light yoga, walking, swimming and cycling are great exercise options for pregnant women.
5. Take your prenatal vitamins regularly
Prenatal vitamins are an essential source of the extra nutrition your body needs during pregnancy. While this can in no way replace meals, it should never be missed out. Prenatal vitamins also help maintain weight by giving your body the nutrition it needs without the accompanied calorie and thus can also help maintain pregnancy weight.
The key to maintaining weight during pregnancy is to know your body's requirements and address them properly. For this reason, it is very important to consult your doctor or a dietician to help understand your calorie needs.
I also experience severe flatulence, and extreme feelings of heat as if I am going to combust! Does anyone else also suffer from disturbed sleep!
When it comes to treating low back pain, there is too much reliance on painkillers in the allopathic system of medicine. The effect of these is only temporary and lasts for a few hours. Once the effect wears off, you have to take another painkiller. Prolonged use of painkillers is known to cause detrimental effect on the kidneys.
Homeopathic treatment for low back pain
When it comes to the medicinal treatment, homeopathic medicines are very helpful. They not only treat the acute stages but are also very helpful in the chronic stage of back pain. It must be said here that homeopathy offers a much better alternative for the permanent cure for low back pain. The focus of the homeopath is not just to relieve the immediate pain but to also eliminate the root cause of the pain. That is precsely why the homeopath asks so many questions which may or may not seem related to your immediate problem. A common cause that is easily overlooked is the presence of stress in an individual. Mental stress can also contribute to low back pain and should be taken into account while taking the details of the patient. This is absolutely necessary if you want a lasting cure. In my practice, I have treated hundreds of cases of low back pain.