Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Vikaspuri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nidhi Khandelwal Awasthy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi Khandelwal AwasthyYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr, We are trying baby for quit long time about 18 months. Now my wife not got any period from 17 day past ovulation as Dr. Conformed ovulation day was 26/04/2016 and theysuggesther to take Sustain 200mg tablets once in a day through vaginal. And she don't have any symptoms. Weather sustain 200mg will increase the lethal phase bec as I know 16 day is the maximum time for lethal phase. Please clear me doubt. Her age is 25 weight is 60. Weather she is pregnant.
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
What should she to avoid pregnancy. This time. She has already taken abortion pills 2 times in a period of two and half years. What is the best solution to avoid pregnancy now. Pls describe briefly.
I am hysterectomy women, having one overt, now I affected with hypothyroid and high cholesterol. How to take treatment, what are all test preferable.
17 august ko humne sex kiya tha. Without protection. Uski date 21 august thi. Uski date miss ho gyi .fir usne 4-4 days ke bich me pregnancy check kit urine se uska test kiya 3 time but 3 time negative aaya. Fir usko 6-9-16 September ko bleeding start hui. 8-9 days tak fir 10 day ke bad blood aur urine ka normal test kiya laboratory me aur sonography test bhi kiya sab test me kuch nai nikla. Ab uski next date kab ayegi aur usko kabhi kabhi ultiya hoti he. Kya ye normal he. Kya normal blood test aur urine test se pregnancy ki report mil sakti he? 40 days me ultrasound ki madad se Jan sakte he pregnancy me bare me?
Are there any safe contraceptive methods after 10 days of unprotected sex? Can you please tell me dose and name of tablet if available.
- A laminectomy relieves nerve pressure and pain caused by spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal that puts pressure on the nerves and causes pain throughout the spine and extremities. It can develop as a result of bone spurs or just from aging. In this procedure, a small section of bone that covers the back of the spinal cord, called the lamina, is removed to relieve the compression. A laminectomy is performed through the back of the spine under general anesthesia. The removal of the lamina and any bone spurs relieves the pressure on the spinal cord. The procedure may be done without fusion, or it can be performed in conjunction with a spinal fusion.
Is 100% chances of pregnancy is there if I had a relation with my husband after follicles have been ruptured.
my age is 27 and I had been married 8 months before, we are expecting child but I couldn't get pregnant. Today I checked serum prolactin level it is 61.68 (now am in the third of menstrual cycle) is it normal or higher level. But the normal level they put below 29 ng/ml. I was totally confused, please help me to the right path.
What should pregnant lady take food and healthy and fair baby for what should the pregnant lady take food?
I am 26 years unmarried girl. I have PCOD problem since past 2 yrs. Sound 1 Yr back my menses was irregular but now it's fine. Since last 2 months I have feeling pain in pelvis area. It gets worse during menses and it stays for 4 or 5 days after menses cycle. I gained lot of weight since 1 Yr. Now I am 66 kg and my height is 5.4 inch. What's is the treatment for PCOD. Please suggest.
We intake and exit air through nose. It says a lot of things.
You will not see that both nose are open same time. Means both are working simultaneously.
If you feel hungry and see right nose is open and exchanging air. Then you take lunch and dinner. You will get no indigestion. This is the right time to take food.
When you are going for a auspicious work, at the time of going out from home check which nose is open if right then put right leg first our of the final door to go out. You will be successful. If left nose is open then wait a few while to get open right nose because they open alternately.
This is a bit away from health but never eat food when left nose is working you will get indigestion definitely. Just wait when nose alternates.
Never drink any cold drinks, it will damage your liver handsomely.
If you feel thirsty in road do not drink roadside water in tank. It may cause hepatitis or typhoid.
To quench thirst take tea without milk. Safety for health. Or drink fruit juice if available./ green coconut water preferred. It is god's gift for us.
If you take a bath before sunrise all your stuffy mucus settled in last few hours in sinus plexus. Will dissolve and will not render an attack in next 24 hours. Only for stuffy nose.
Running nose people are having bacterial toxin (generally tb) received from parents. And have a shortage of calcium phosphate in body. They are very intelligent/ witty and weak throughout the life. And always suffer diseases due to having ulcerative background. But easily curable.
Mosquito repellant and injudicious smoking.
In today's age I found mothers having very poor knowledge about baby-care. These babies are unfortunate. Example -
In room mosquito coil is burning and baby is inhaling the poison. Mother came to me and told lot of symptoms of baby. I presume and know the ill effects so in my prescription I wrote "no coil 200" Ultimately these babies will be an asthma patient in future due to ignorance of his mother.
So do not burn coil at night while sleeping. This is as good as murdering others.
And for men I request never smoke in front of any children in your home or outside to murder him half. There must have a law to put these people in court for criminal activities.
Do not mind this is true/let we come and work for a better and healthy society and let these children live a disease free life in coming days.
I am 32 years with 72kg weight. I had pcos but reduced weight now its not coming in ultrasound also had trap egg problem. I got my AMH checked also it 4.86 in the normal range. Will I be able to conceive normally.
On my 3rd day of periods I was having a heavy flow n with blood some skinny thing came out skin n blood type thing so what was that please help me out.
Most women tend to ignore their own well-being. A woman's health deteriorates faster as she ages, therefore women must go for complete body checkups regularly. Here are few symptoms to be cautious about and if you notice any of these, do visit your doctor soon.
1. A lump or a cyst - a breast lump is not to be ignored. If you detect/feel a suspicious breast lump, remember it could be a cyst. Now the cyst could be benign or otherwise, best to let the specialists find that out for you. Get a breast examination done at the soonest.
2. Shortness of breath - this is a very common problem amongst women and is an indicator for cardiac problems, even an impending heart attack. If shortness of breath is a common occurrence, also followed by fatigue, dizziness, etc, schedule a check-up pronto. Chest pain and nausea should be given immediate medical assistance.
3. Inability to sleep - an occasional sleepless night is fine but if this has become a habit and you have major difficulty in falling asleep regularly, this could be an issue. This usually happens to women when they enter menopause. Women need to get ample sleep, and if there are disturbances in your sleep, please consult your doctor.
4. Headaches - frequent headaches which occur at levels which are unbearable are not to be taken lightly. Headaches could be symptoms of stroke, brain infections or tumor or other ailments.
5. Pain in intercourse - sex should not be painful. If it hurts, something is wrong and your body is most likely trying to tell you something. This could be to do with any of the gynecological problems, so better see your ob-gyn soon.
We are being married for 2 years and my wife is not yet conceived we have done all check up and everything is normal we wanna know what would be the reason. Also give us some tips to have a baby soon.
Being a good parent is a rich and rewarding experience. However, it is not an easy task. It takes a lifetime to feel that one has been a good parent. If you follow a few rules and tips, you can move closer to being one. On one hand, there is a need to pamper your kids, and on the other, there is a need to instill fear and not cross certain boundaries. How to seek balance here? The idea is to instill good values like honesty, kindness, and empathy and at the same time prevent anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and substance abuse.
Read on to know what the experts have to about parenting, keeping in mind the current changes in lifestyle trends.
- Communicate and lead by example: While there are things that a parent tells a child, what is taught through action is far more important. So, if you want a message driven to your child, it is more important to do it, than just talk about it. This will help your kid to do the same the next time he is in trouble and seeks advice on something.
- Pamper within limits: With most parents moving to one child per family, it's a common sight to see parents pampering their children without limits and saying yes to their every want. However, there should be a limit, and the child should know what cannot be provided and what cannot be demanded.
- Replacing time with things: Another change that is sweeping our society is the lack of time among parents. And a big mistake that parents do is to provide things to children where they cannot make time. This is a big mistake, which the child can learn to abuse and demand things not required for him or beyond him.
- Create a balance: A parent should be clear when the child can expect lenience and strictness. This is very essential, else the child will expect lenience for everything. Being sweet all the time isn't the wise thing to do. On the other hand, being strict for everything is not required either. The thing is to let the child know what acts will make you feel happy and which ones will annoy you, so he or she can act accordingly. The child should be clear of both these aspects of the parents.
- Punish when required: It does require a hard heart to do it, but trivial punishments when required should be enforced. It is not the punishment, but the idea that the child can be punished if required. This will encourage your kid to do what's right, and always follow that.
- Be his friend: Different stages of a child’s growth requires different levels of control and empathy. The values that need to be instilled also would be different. A three-year-old should be dealt with differently from a teenager from an adolescent. Grow with them and enjoy the parenting phase. And most importantly, be his or her friend. So that your child always knows whom to rely on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.