Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NehnazYour feedback matters!
I had done pregnancy test at home by using preganews pregnancy kit the result I got is one dark pink and one faint pink line what to conclude from this. Is it +ve or -ve. I had done test at 11 am. I get my periods 4 days before without any miss history but the day we test was my 30th day. So please let me know what result shall I conclude.
I am 18 years old and recently my boyfriend touched his upper part of his penis and touched my inner part of vagina. After that I have taken mpill within an hour. But now, 10 days have passed crossing my date for periods but still I don't find any sign of periods. I am getting scared. Doi need to worry? Is this happening because of mpill I have taken or do I need to worry that I am pregnant? Should I take a pregnantcy test?
Swollen breast tissues in men or boys caused by hormonal (testosterone and estrogen) imbalances is called gynecomastia. Both breasts or one breast, can be affected by gynecomastia. At any point in life, from birth to puberty, even in adulthood, you might develop gynecomastia. Most of the times, gynecomastia is caused by hormonal imbalances, but there might be some underlying causes as well.
Gynecomastia is normally not a serious condition, but it can be difficult to deal with the pain and embarrassment.
It can be cured with surgery or medication, if it doesn't go away on its own.
Symptoms and signs of gynecomastia include:
- Enlarged glands in the breast tissue
- Tenderness in the breast
The causes that trigger gynecomastia include:
- Hormonal changes: Testosterone and estrogen control the sexual development in men and women respectively. Estrogen is not a hormone that only women produce; men produce it too. When the production of testosterone and estrogen are thrown out of balance, gynecomastia occurs.
- Medication: Certain medications such as anabolic steroids, androgens, HIV/AIDS medicines, antibiotics and chemotherapy can cause gynecomastia.
- Drugs and alcohol: Substances such as alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, heroin and methadone cause gynecomastia.
- Health condition: Certain factors, such as aging, hypogonadism (hormonal disorder), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), tumors, kidney failure, cirrhosis, liver failure, malnutrition and starvation can lead to gynecomastia.
- Herbal products: Essential oils derived from plants such as lavender or tea tree, used in lotions or shampoos, have weak estrogenic actives. They have been said to cause gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia can be cured either with medication or surgery. Surgical options for gynecomastia are, however, limited.
The two surgical options for gynecomastia include:
- Liposuction: Liposuction only removes the fat from the breast, not the breast gland tissue. It has fewer complications, there is limited or zero blood loss and there is less distortion of the nipple.
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy removes the gland tissues in the breast. The surgery uses minimal incisions to remove the gland tissue. Also, it involves less time to recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Will it cause any infection to me if I lick my sexual partner vaginal lips and clitoris and play with that.
Hello Dr, i am 24 yrs old and my weight is 58 kg's. I am suffering from PCOD problem from 2008 i took 3 yrs medication for that but it doesn't solved yet. I got gastric problem because of high usage of drugs. From last 2 yrs i am getting some symptoms like nervousness, lots of hungry, high thirst, sleepless, highly feet burning and my body is dehydrating continues. I just went for TSH test and for sugar test. And i got my TSH level as 3.65. And my sugar report as with empty stomach 73 and after full fledged meal its 99. Please help me to get rid out of my health issues. I just want to go with a healthy diet and exercises. So please tell me how should i cure from this with healthy habits and with out medications. Thanks in advance
I am 32 years old female trying for second baby its not working. Doctor says all reports abnormal. I went thru iui but it also did not work please suggest.
I'm on 4th month of my fertility treatment. I was given tablet for follicle growth for 4 days (3 tab/day) from day 2. I was given 3shots of FSH150 on day 3,5 and 8.My follicle growth was good. Then I was given Hcg10000 on day 13 but my follicle didn't rupture. Then it ruptured lately with more pain on day 16. Last 3cycles I was given Dubagest SR200 for 18 days from 1dpo. I used to get my periods on 14dpo correctly. But this month doc told not to take any hormone tablet after ovulation. Today I'm 15dpo and no AF. Is it positive pregnancy or just delayed period. When can I do hpt?
Right overy of my wife was removed in 2006 Of late she suffers from heavy and continual bleeding. TVS USG reveals that multiple tumors of small size have been created in left ovary as well asuterus. Is removal of overy and uterus is must. Her age is 35 years and has one child of 12 years.
I am thirty four year woman and I gave birth to 1 child when i was twenty two through normal delivery. My problem is whenever I excite or cough or sneeze or run I get my urine leaked. Will you please help why is it so and what is the remedy ?
Hello, I am 28 year female, just done with pregnancy test and it is positive, now when I need to visit the doctor ?
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too.
Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medication: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.